cycling problem

Company specific discussions and announcements.
hoetreo

cycling problem

Post by hoetreo »

I just got my gemtech tundra yesterday and i am shooting it on a glock 26 with a lone wolf barrel and fiocchi 158gr ammo. The problem im having is that it isnt cycling ( ejecting the bullet and loading the next). I love the amount of sound suppression the tundra gives but the hand cycling it goin to get old soon. the non cycling cylinder isnt installed either. checked that first. Please some one help me thanks
jjgow
Silent But Deadly

Re: cycling problem

Post by jjgow »

hoetreo wrote:I just got my gemtech tundra yesterday and i am shooting it on a glock 26 with a lone wolf barrel and fiocchi 158gr ammo. The problem im having is that it isnt cycling ( ejecting the bullet and loading the next). I love the amount of sound suppression the tundra gives but the hand cycling it goin to get old soon. the non cycling cylinder isnt installed either. checked that first. Please some one help me thanks
Try different ammo. Your 26 might be more sensitive to the suppressor because of its tiny barrel.
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

hoetreo wrote:I just got my gemtech tundra yesterday and i am shooting it on a glock 26 with a lone wolf barrel and fiocchi 158gr ammo. The problem im having is that it isnt cycling ( ejecting the bullet and loading the next). I love the amount of sound suppression the tundra gives but the hand cycling it goin to get old soon. the non cycling cylinder isnt installed either. checked that first. Please some one help me thanks

You may also need to run a different recoil spring. I will be doing the same thing when my multimount is approved. Be interesting to see what your results are. It may simply be an ammo issue for you as some guns run fine with certain ammo.

Did you Try some fullpower loads and see if it cycles?

www.cop-talk.net
hoetreo

Post by hoetreo »

Yea, I tried some 115gr ammo it still didnt cycle but it did make a lot more noise than I expected. Let me just say that youtube does not do the tundra justice it is way more quiet in person than it is on youtube. Its not hollywood quiet but it is pellet gun quiet, like gamo quiet after 10 pumps. Here's a pic i went with the black lone wolf barrel, wish i would have gotten the realtree finish. Image
bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigbigpig »

The Glock 26 is notoriously difficult to cycle with a suppressor even with a booster. Did it make an effort to cycle or did the barrel stay locked up?
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

hoetreo wrote:Yea, I tried some 115gr ammo it still didnt cycle but it did make a lot more noise than I expected. Let me just say that youtube does not do the tundra justice it is way more quiet in person than it is on youtube. Its not hollywood quiet but it is pellet gun quiet, like gamo quiet after 10 pumps. Here's a pic i went with the black lone wolf barrel, wish i would have gotten the realtree finish. http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48 ... sor015.jpg
Looks good! I'm jealous. Still waiting on the MM9 approval.

I will be shooting mostly 115gr just out of sheer cost of ammo. I purchased some ammo from JGSALES.COM To support an AZ business last month and plan to shoot that first. It's some cheap monarch steelcase but it should work fine.

Are you checking your grip to make sure your not limping it? A solid grip I think is a must. I'm looking forward to the experiments for sure. I really don't mind if the gun does not cycle all the time. The performance of the can is worth any inconvenience of racking the slide and we are asking quite a bit for such a small pistol to cycle and in many cases the g26 and 27 simply wont cycle. There will be a full size glock 9mm, or beretta 92f in my future for the mm9 so that I do have a gun that cycles all the time.
www.cop-talk.net
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

hoetreo wrote:Yea, I tried some 115gr ammo it still didnt cycle but it did make a lot more noise than I expected.

Well yeah you need subsonic ammo, 147gr. The 115 and 124 will make lots of sonic noise regardless if you have a supressor or not.
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?pag ... &mID=5#109

I'm going to try a reduced power spring in my G27 and see if this helps it cycle.
www.cop-talk.net
hoetreo

Post by hoetreo »

The trigger resets but the empty round doesnt eject. The firmer the grip the better it does do it will stove pipe. Still havent tried the 147gr ammo yet bass pro was sold out and the local range wanted way too much for me to just be throwing lead in the back yard. so true the 115gr is still loud even thru the suppressor. Gemtech told me I have to break in the gun more being that I have only put 250rd thru it including the box of 158gr I bought for the suppressor. Next week will be the real test though I plan on going to an outdoor range and my case of 147grain will be in. even comes in a cool war type tin. I am going to go out back now and try to shoot it with both hands instead of using one, you know imagining myself as a contract killer. I couldnt even think of shooting without a suppressor anymore, its just to much noise, i guess Im getting old, the noise bothers me now.
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

hoetreo wrote:The trigger resets but the empty round doesnt eject. The firmer the grip the better it does do it will stove pipe. Still havent tried the 147gr ammo yet bass pro was sold out and the local range wanted way too much for me to just be throwing lead in the back yard. so true the 115gr is still loud even thru the suppressor. Gemtech told me I have to break in the gun more being that I have only put 250rd thru it including the box of 158gr I bought for the suppressor. Next week will be the real test though I plan on going to an outdoor range and my case of 147grain will be in. even comes in a cool war type tin. I am going to go out back now and try to shoot it with both hands instead of using one, you know imagining myself as a contract killer. I couldnt even think of shooting without a suppressor anymore, its just to much noise, i guess Im getting old, the noise bothers me now.

I will be noting your results for sure. I bet the 147gr runs better. I've heard the federal 147gr runs better.
www.cop-talk.net
hemi
Silent But Deadly

Post by hemi »

Swamp ass.
Last edited by hemi on Mon May 24, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

I have a glock 27 so I went ahead and ordered a conversion lonewolf barrel in 9mm..Now my standard thead LID mind you was brand new because all my shooting was done on the metric one..I was having issues and at first it was that barrel(wasn't sure what to blame the problem on at first..but rounds getting stuck in barrel equal barrel trouble..they reamed it out to fit my handloads for free)..sent that back and after I got it back I just upped the load and it functions perfectly now..Its a pretty stout load..think about half a grain more than my normal load..and its not nearly as quiet when it cycles..when it doesn't cycle..quiet..cycles..ah not so great..Wouldn't be my first choice for a host gun..but I had it and wanted to make it work..

If you don't handload a reduced spring would do the trick..I'd say go down 2 lbs under whatever stock is..
maybe 3..

Oh this is with my Multimount btw..

Just got an adapter to stick it on my Mac... :D Really can stick that can on about any gun there is..Its actually really quiet on the Mac..was really surprised from what I was told to expect..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

Chondro wrote:I have a glock 27 so I went ahead and ordered a conversion lonewolf barrel in 9mm..Now my standard thead LID mind you was brand new because all my shooting was done on the metric one..I was having issues and at first it was that barrel(wasn't sure what to blame the problem on at first..but rounds getting stuck in barrel equal barrel trouble..they reamed it out to fit my handloads for free)..sent that back and after I got it back I just upped the load and it functions perfectly now..Its a pretty stout load..think about half a grain more than my normal load..and its not nearly as quiet when it cycles..when it doesn't cycle..quiet..cycles..ah not so great..Wouldn't be my first choice for a host gun..but I had it and wanted to make it work..

If you don't handload a reduced spring would do the trick..I'd say go down 2 lbs under whatever stock is..
maybe 3..

Oh this is with my Multimount btw..

Just got an adapter to stick it on my Mac... :D Really can stick that can on about any gun there is..Its actually really quiet on the Mac..was really surprised from what I was told to expect..

Interesting results. I do not hand load anything at the moment, so hopefully a combination of ammo, and a spring kit from wolf springs will make mine cycle.
www.cop-talk.net
hoetreo

Post by hoetreo »

Ive bought the wollf 14lb recoil spring and rod. been using some 147 american federal ammo and foiichi 158. Its getting better and better at cycling, but sometimes most times it still doesnt work. but IU have noticed that if I leave the slide locked back when I store it away, the next time I bring it out to shoot it, it cycles more. Also just a side note the 147 gr ammo is twice as loud as the 158gr it is worth the 79 cents more it quieter. but the 147 cycles better. neighbors finally questioned me about shooting a bb gun in the back yard I just said yes and continued to pick up the brass off the ground. ( they couldnt see me shooting they could just hear it.) I dont think I will own a caliber of a gun and not have a suppressor for it it pays for itself in the amount you save on range fees.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Chondro wrote:Its actually really quiet on the Mac..was really surprised from what I was told to expect..
That's because you're already deaf.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Hey I have hearing like a 16 year old girl Damnit! :P Second time I had to say that now..Feel odd..

Was very hot and muggy out yesterday..Did a burst of 8 rounds..Impressive but lacking what it was like the other day..

This stuff confuse my brain sometymes..

Shot the G27 as well and I'd say stouter than the last time as well..Those two seem to be the favorites everyone wants to see..

TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

Mine does not cycle with S&B subsonic either.
www.cop-talk.net
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

I'll spare you the first vid of it..

Here's the second on the babyglock..and its heavier now that I had it retrofitted..actually just had an extension made to cut out all erosion when shooting with an LID..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJx-7rZUKn4

Hey the Multimount is quiet on the Mac.. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5TfArCRux0