Hardcore Pawn vs. Gun shop Owner

Post general gun pictures and videos here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Was the Gun Shop Owner Right to Kick Them Out of The Store

Yes
65%
No
26%
Other
9%

Total votes: 46

tacticalsniper3
Silent But Deadly

Hardcore Pawn vs. Gun shop Owner

Post by tacticalsniper3 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSqwIIQ5eYY

Watch from 0:00mins to 5:45mins. Tell me what you think
urban assault
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hardcore Pawn vs. Gun shop Owner

Post by urban assault »

The pawnshop guy is a greasy weasel, always looking for an edge.

Looks like the store owner had ALREADY cut him a break on the guns and still this guy wants more on top.

Get out of the store greaseball.

-urban
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Maybe there was some editing and we didn't see the whole thing. That just seems really odd, the gun shop owner blowing up like that over the guy asking for a deal on the holsters. I can understand both sides (from what we saw).

If I'm the guy buying the product, of course I'd like to ask if there's a better deal he can do. If not, take it or leave it.

If I'm the gun shop owner and I'm already giving him a deal (or not), and somebody asks me if I can do better. Say yes or no, don't go nuts on him...unless that's where the editing comes in and the guy keeps pushing it.

I dunno, strange.
tsunami33

Post by tsunami33 »

I agree with Wahnsinn. There might be some editing that left something out. At the same time, the guy just asked for a deal on the holsters, no harm in that.(whether he's a greaseball, or not, doesnt matter) Did the shop owner have the RIGHT to throw them out? Well, he has the RIGHT to refuse service to anyone as the owner. But, was he right in doing so? I dont think so. A simple "no I'm sorry but I dont have much room to bargain on the holsters." would have sufficed. He had paying customers there, with cameras for a nationwide audience. Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor.
alleycat72
Silent But Deadly

Post by alleycat72 »

Looked like an attempted straw purchase on film.
www.1050fps.com
http://www.outlawstatebullets.com/
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

alleycat72 wrote:Looked like an attempted straw purchase on film.
What makes you say that?
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

urban assault wrote:The pawnshop guy is a greasy weasel, always looking for an edge.

Looks like the store owner had ALREADY cut him a break on the guns and still this guy wants more on top.

-urban
+1 That's how it looked to me too.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Who knows the real deal. I can't blame any of them. Here some things that folks may need to consider.

When a camera crew is involved... it's not just a simple shopping trip. It may have cost them time and customers to deal with these guys on camera. Also, the pawn shop guy may have been pushy/entitlement syndrome about getting a deeper discount due to the "advertising" that they were doing for the shop.

In the end, only the folks there know what really happened.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Hush wrote:
urban assault wrote:The pawnshop guy is a greasy weasel, always looking for an edge.

-urban
+1 That's how it looked to me too.

Agreed.

His store his rules.
NFAtalk.org
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

I think the store owner might have been put out with the whole production. Having a camera crew and the greaseball family in the shop was probably pretty irritating. I think it was stupid to kick them out and to act like he did, especially when his shop was going to be featured on TV.

I'm still not sure what he was so butt-hurt about.
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

tmix wrote:
What makes you say that?
Pawn shop guy went in there stating that they were all getting guns (him, wife, at least one other guy). At the end, we only saw the shop owner tearing up one form and the pawn shop guy was paying for the whole thing (so it appeared). So as it showed on camera, all the guns were being reported under one person, but were in effect being purchased for several people.
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

Wahnsinn wrote:
tmix wrote:
What makes you say that?
Pawn shop guy went in there stating that they were all getting guns (him, wife, at least one other guy). At the end, we only saw the shop owner tearing up one form and the pawn shop guy was paying for the whole thing (so it appeared). So as it showed on camera, all the guns were being reported under one person, but were in effect being purchased for several people.
That's not necessarily a straw purchase. The guns could be considered a gift.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

True, not sure how they would differentiate between the two (assuming the person receiving the gun is not a felon).
silentbushmaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by silentbushmaster »

If the firearms are to be at the Pawn Shop and used by staff while at work, they are fine w/ only one form. "And the property of the Pawn Shop only."
"10TH Mountain Division, Climb to Glory"
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

for 1. it's the douche's video so we only see his side for sure ... he came across like a jerk to me..
for 2 . when his wife did the squat and said I try like to try to do this , like I learned.. I alomst fell of my chair laughing

for 3 . for the gun shop owner to feel like he needed to disarm this guy and unload his gun.. something we didn't see happened.

for anybody to be pissed off like the gun shop owner and turn $3k of business down, you'd have to have pushed some serious buttons...

on a side note , since this guy was carrying a concealed gun (assuming with a conceal permit).. pulling it out like that to show off ("let me just make sure" and puts a loaded gun on the counter?????.. is a no no to begin with .. and i'm sure the gun shop owner commented on that off camera.

all shooting range I know of have a "all guns have to be unloaded prior to entering premises" policies .. for that exact reason .. moron pulls a loaded gun in front of everybody is a unsafe environment.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
T78m6b
Silent But Deadly

Post by T78m6b »

yea the pawnshop weasels are greasy, I've seen the show a couple times, didn't really like it, and like was mentioned, something was probably edited out, I couldn't see just asking for a deal on the holsters a deal breaker, especially a $2-$3 deal, I'd said no, or knocked maybe $10 bucks off the total, I don't think I would've let a $3k deal walk out the door, who knows, the GS owner might have a busy store and not need the sale
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

I have never been in a pawn shop that did not also do guns, why would he just not order in the guns himself, and the holsters he could order in at cost.

No problem buying as many gifts guns as you want for other people.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

David Hineline wrote:I have never been in a pawn shop that did not also do guns, why would he just not order in the guns himself, and the holsters he could order in at cost.
I was wondering the same thing.
No problem buying as many gifts guns as you want for other people.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

I'd like to see an interview with the gunshop owner to hear his side of the story.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
tsunami33

Post by tsunami33 »

Hush wrote:I'd like to see an interview with the gunshop owner to hear his side of the story.
I would too. Seems that there must be more to it that we're not seeing. I still would have liked to see the store owner keep his cool, though. But it does lead me to believe there's much more to the story. . . . . . . . .And the saga continues. . . . . Do we have any members from that area that can get the official store owners side, i wonder?
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Every time that gun store owner sells a firearm his whole business is on the line. Something made him extremely uncomfortable. I am going to have to go with the gun store owner's assessment. No sale.
-----
Ick
alleycat72
Silent But Deadly

Post by alleycat72 »

tmix wrote:
What makes you say that?

It depends on who filled out the forms and who payed. If the individuals filled out their own forms and he payed it may be questionable or it may be legitimate. I guess as a shop owner, He has to determine what it is. You never know what big brother's up to. A friend of mine owns a gun shop and had someone that came in and made it known he was from Texas. He talked a good game and bought some black powder guns. The next day he came in to buy a 9mm handgun and got pissed and made a big seen when he was told no. He was told to leave in a not so nice way. A couple of days later the ATF came in for a little check. It lasted about a 10th of the time it usually does.
I was just suggesting a theory as to what set him off.
www.1050fps.com
http://www.outlawstatebullets.com/
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I'm guessing he disarmed the guy because he was tired of being muzzle swept by a guy holding his loaded carry piece at all times.

As for kicking them out, something must have happened off camera. I can understand not wanting to do any firearm transaction on video, because it's going to be watched over and over and over by people that want to put all FFLs out of business to begin with. Any stupid little thing done legally can be bent, no reason to give them video to work off of and analyze.

I'm guessing he gave the guy the guns at dealer cost while pre-arranging off camera to do so with the promise of selling him accessories. Accessories are how gun shops make money.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I thought about this from the other day. Perhaps we are too focused on the direct parties involved.

What if this whole thing was staged to show that gun shop owners can choose at any time to refuse a sale. This pawn shop guy has a reputation and image... perhaps this simply makes him more endeering or more of a "misunderstood victim." Perhaps it was edited in such a way to show gun shop owners are emotional and irrational. I can just see some anti-gun liberal saying... don't go buy a gun, see here that those gun shop owners are all racist emotional jerks. Anything that increases the perception of an "unfriendly" atmosphere is one more person the anti-gunners have prevented from considering a purchase.

Furthermore perhaps this happend for no other reason than that it simply increases the number of viewers. A regular purchase is unimpressive. A "refusal to sell for no apparent reason" draws viewers and increases add revenue.
-----
Ick
srtsam

Post by srtsam »

These people seems slimey and their show doesn't hold a candle to pawnstars on History channel. That said, hardcore pawn is what looks like to be what the real world of pawning is all about. Lies, lies, lies. These folks talk fast and offer half whatever the seller is asking. I would bet they were badgering him about price, where the bathroom was, does he have any water, is there a place for them to sit down, and tons of other stupid questions. enough was enough and i applaud the gunshop owner.