Burglars hit the wrong house...... MINE! UPDATE DUDE IS DEAD

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Burglars hit the wrong house...... MINE! UPDATE DUDE IS DEAD

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

Last week a friend of mine, who is moving, was putting his belongings in two large storage sheds that I have on my property. Thursday night around 11:00 pm, my wife had stepped out on the back porch and came right back in and told me there was someone in one of the sheds. I asked "Are you sure?" and she replied that the roll up door was up and there was noise coming from inside. Well, grab the 870 and a flashlight and head out to see what is going on.

As I got close to the shed I could see a light inside and I realized that since racoons don't carry flashlights that this was going to get interesting. I shouldered the shot gun and approached the building from the side. When I was about fourty feet from the front of the shed someone came running out of the shed heading for the gate. He turned and as his light swept my body I fired. My movement had placed me between him and the gate so heveered toward the fence and hit it hard enough to brake a 4" fence post. He made it over the fence and headed down the road. I thought I saw him go into my neighbors yard so I followed with the 870 at the ready. He had actually gone around the corner to the next street where his ride was waiting. Out of the darkness came a white mid 90s Ford Expedition. The driver was met with 600 lumens of light and a shot gun. I yelled at him "Where's your fucking buddy?" At this time a scared white face appeared from the floor of the back seat screaming "Go, go". The driver hesitated long enough for me to get the tag information.

The SO arrived shortly after that and took the report and dusted for prints. After a friendly conversation and me explaining the process of form 1s and form 4s, the officer will be buying his first suppressor next week. :D :D (When my wife was on the phone with dispatch, she told them that I had gone out with a flashlight and a gun. Dispatcher asked her what kind of gun. Her reply:"I don't know, he has a lot of them." :twisted: ) I could only remember part of the tag info to relay to the officer but had a perfect discription of the vehicle and the two men. Also that the tag was one of the special picture tags Florida offers. We finally got to sleep around 2:00 am thinking that was the end of it.

Coming home Friday afternoon around 4:45 pm, as I pulled into the left turn lane to turn down my street, I noticed a white Ford on the side of the opposite side of the road behind my house. I thought "No way in hell they would be that stupid". But the voice in my head said it was them. I mergerd back into traffic and drove by, yep same truck. this time I was able to get the whole tag number and could see the faces in day light. I went two streets down and came in the back way to my house. Now I am pissed. Called the detedtive who was working the case and gave him the full tag info and informed him they were still in the area. I had an officer at the house in a few minutes to get my statement in writing. The vehicle was registered to a woman who lived about thirty miles away. The officer said they would have to go see who else was driving the vehicle and asked if I would look at a photo lineup. After he left I made a few calls to other officers who were working in the area that are like family to us and gave them the full discription and told them that they were messing with my family.

I went to bed that night armed a little better than usual. Around 1:00 am my cell phone rang and it was the officer asking me to drive to the Publix market near us to ID the idiots in person. My friends on the force basically hunted them down that night. Come back to intimidate my family and a few hours later you sitting on the ground in cuffs. How did that work out for you dumbass.
Last edited by tuckerrnr1 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/19283938/kookaid.gif[/img]
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Re: Burglars hit the wrong house...... MINE!

Post by Mongo »

No hits with the SG?
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

I think there's an .org that gives free seeing eye dogs to the visually impaired. :shock:

:lol:
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

Yes shot made contact, that's why he came back told officers I "dissed" him. This is one of the crews that have been going after prescription drugs.
combat45acp
Senior Silent Operator

Post by combat45acp »

Glad everyone at your place is ok, it seems unbelievable to must that they would come back, but they usually do! :(
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Twice now I have had the following happen.

Someone "hits" a well-to-do neighborhood breaking into every vehicle and taking GPS, Ipod, DVD player... whatever.

People call me, file caims, get paid, go out and buy all new stuff.

Two weeks later the same criminals come... and take all the new stuff.
Last edited by ick on Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-----
Ick
combat45acp
Senior Silent Operator

Post by combat45acp »

ick wrote:Twice now I have had the following happen.

Someone "hits" a well-to-do neighborhood breaking into every vehicle and taking GPS, Ipod, DVD player... whatever.

People call me, file caims, get paid, go out and buy all new stuff.

Two weeks later the same criminals come... and take all the new stuff.
Yep they are very bold!
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Oh, and by the way.... most standard auto and homeonwer insurance policies don't provide adequate coverage for these kinds of items. Most of the time you need a special endorsement for electronic and sound producing media coverage to make sure you don't find yourself told "no coverage" for the Cell phone or DVD player under the back seat... so call your insurance agent if you are concerned about these items.

ALSO, watch for this little trick.

I had some criminals that busted in the back door of a business customer of mine. The didn't seem to stick around as nothing was disturbed.

One week later... they broke in and cleaned the place out. Here is what they were doing....

They were "testing" the building to see if it had a security system... they probably sat in a car one block away and watched. Once they knew for sure there was no problem they brought in a truck... backed up to the recently repaired door... and stole everything.

LUCKY for my guy a tape backup of all their CAD plans FELL OUT of the file server whilst they were stealing it and fell under a desk.... or they would not have had ANY backup of all their CAD designs. Some half a million dollars and five years of work would have been lost.

Needless to say they have a security system and an off-site backup plan now.
-----
Ick
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

What do you think their intentions were when they came back the second time? More burglary or revenge on you directly? Just curious what your gut tells you.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

EPIC THREAD!

Not since Renegade's buddy's SBR/they though he was a bank robber/sting have I read such good stuff.

Where to start? GOod job! Good job on the wifey! Good job on the tac light. I love my Surefires!

You should have blown out they're tires. I know I would have. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and them returning is CREEPY/SCARY. That was for revenge........not stealing IMHO. Would have been a pucker moment. I likely would have grabbed the PTR and grabbed their ass at gun point until the Man showed up. But again, 20/20 and all that.

Seriously. You the man!
NFAtalk.org
jupiterdraft
Silent But Deadly

Post by jupiterdraft »

Dumb sons of bitches that go back to a house where they have first hand experience that someone will not hesitate just shoot them.

Many of you know that Tucker and I have been brothers for 25+ years. When I got the call from him Friday AM, I was both surprised and relieved.

Having personal knowledge of his firearm experience as both an gun owner and a firearms instructor, I can tell you that he is as prepared as anyone to deal with such a situation; not everyone is!

It's a lesson for all armed homeowners - know your laws, know your property, know your neighbors, know your local LEOs, and know your firearms. HAVE A PLAN!
The gene pool needs a shock treatment!

Diapers & Politicians...
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

tuckerrnr1 wrote:Yes shot made contact, that's why he came back told officers I "dissed" him. This is one of the crews that have been going after prescription drugs.
Where did he get hit if you don't mind me asking?
"I'm not afraid of dying. I's HOW I die that I'm concerned about." - Crosshair

"Beware the man with one gun. He probably doesn't know how to use it."
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I can see them wanting to come back but not in the same truck.
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

These are the shitstains that thought my stuff should be their stuff.

http://www.pbso.org/index.cfm?fa=blotte ... D863E00FF3

http://www.pbso.org/index.cfm?fa=blotte ... D8C786506A

Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Sucks that they'll get out at some point. Look at their faces. Gonna happen agaiiinnn.

Good job shooting the white kid with a shotgun.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Sounds like its time to get some buckshot loads and a good dawg, use any unwanted visitors as chew toys. :D

I had someone snooping around my tool shed about three years back, I hear a little noise and think its a raccoon or something, it was a someone, they ran to the back of the shed but ran into the bar-b-q and made a hell of a racket falling over it then jumped a wire fence topped with barbed wire, no one been back since.
Which gives the idea of stringing some trip wire or something similar around your sheds, make it not worth their while.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
brianb
Silent But Deadly

Post by brianb »

>>He turned and as his light swept my body I fired.

Help me out here. I'm trying get with the program here, but I'm missing some details.

So they came back bitchin' to the cops that you "dissed them"? (happened when they got arrested, I assume?)

The cops knew you fired at them and the cops said, what? (didn't arrest you, right?)

You fired at a fleeing 'suspect' without knowing that they were armed? The light "swept you". Did you think it was gun mounted? Were you in fear for your life?

I'm probably missing something, but... wtf?

I'm VERY glad this turned out ok for you; you and yours are safe; stuff not taken; you have friends that can come to your aid; bad guys caught.

(yeah, I love it when I get to point weapons at people. thankfully, it doesn't happen too often)
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

To clarify, our area has been the target of armed home invasion type robberies for the past few months. The shed that he exited also has many tools like axes,machetes, and other dangerous tools.

This should paint a better picture of who he is.

This quote from another person.

Quote: So I was reading this and then saw the picture and said, that white kid looks familiar as s--t. I couldn't remember where I knew him from. Well I went up stairs and asked my girl if she knew him she said is that kenny rusak, I said yea that's what it says. She said what a dumb F--k short ass little kid. He went to jail before for pulling a gun on my girls dad at a birthday party for her little sister, he wasn't invited too. This is the 4th time she has personally known he's been in jail in the last year. She knows him from sister's friends. My little brother says he personally knows this punk ass kid too. He pulled a gun on my brothers friend from the wrestling team. From what I hear this kid is a fucking pussy, and has been in jail several times. If I have seen him in real life, and he pull a gun on my girls dad and i was there i would of knocked him the F--k out and broke his jaw.

What a small ass world!

The thing is I dont know how he keeps getting out of jail even though he's under age. He lives right around the corner from a few of my buddys in jupiter farms. I talked to a few of my buddys and they asked their younger siblings that are around my brothers age and they said they all know him as well and he's a piece of s--t. F--k man wish you blew his damn fucking head off, and saved us all the trouble up here in the farms with this punk ass. I havent been lucky enough to see him.
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

tuckerrnr1 wrote:The thing is I dont know how he keeps getting out of jail even though he's under age.
Have to lock up the kids who were smoking weed after school.
"I'm not afraid of dying. I's HOW I die that I'm concerned about." - Crosshair

"Beware the man with one gun. He probably doesn't know how to use it."
Silent Shooters
Elite Member

Post by Silent Shooters »

Please tell me that they charged these punks with at least 3 felony charges each.

i am glad you and the Mrs. are ok

these are the kind of kids that will shoot someone for looking at them funny and not realizing the consequences of their actions. that is what makes them very dangerous.
www.silentshooters.com
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Somebody being pissey about "being dissed" is trouble pure and simple. Glad all is well. Way to be prepared but I would definitely upgrade to 00 buckshot.

As soon as you swept him with the flashlight I am sure that you saw him reach towards his waistband.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

What was in the shotgun?

I would consider any of these:

000 (costs more than 00 so no real reason to use it)
00 Most common so easy to find cheap.
0 - Never saw it for sale.
1 - Smallest shot which will penetrate to FBI depth.
slugs - in case you want to shoot over 25 yards
jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by jppd47 »

Floridas castel laws FTW
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I think it is unlikely I would have shot in that situation. I don't think the police would shoot in that situation.
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

Two words: Zombie Squad.