LID question

Company specific discussions and announcements.
Farmall

LID question

Post by Farmall »

I received LID mount for my Glock and will be heading to the range soon. I took the LID apart to see how it was put together. I notice that the spring inside is slathered with grease. Is it OK to have this much on it or should I clean it some?

I don't want to put a bunch of grease into the can and have smoking oil all over the inside.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Re: LID question

Post by JohnnyC »

It's fine. My Blackside was covered in grease inside when I got it back from them.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

It burns off quick too when you use it..Keep it greased up like that so it keeps running and to slow the wear..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

Farmall wrote:I received LID mount for my Glock and will be heading to the range soon. I took the LID apart to see how it was put together. I notice that the spring inside is slathered with grease. Is it OK to have this much on it or should I clean it some?

I don't want to put a bunch of grease into the can and have smoking oil all over the inside.

Its normal. As well as the bi-lock connections inside the G5, TPRS, HVT etc. It's lube which will not heat up and melt away. Its called SUPERLUBE. Buy some to replace it with once it needs cleaning.
www.cop-talk.net
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Superlube? Sounds kinky..Have to get some.. :D Yeah the stuff I use now burns out real fast..Suppose to be good to 475F as well..I still can't see anything lasting very long but worth a shot..

So you get your MM yet TX?
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

Chondro wrote:Superlube? Sounds kinky..Have to get some.. :D Yeah the stuff I use now burns out real fast..Suppose to be good to 475F as well..I still can't see anything lasting very long but worth a shot..

So you get your MM yet TX?
Ohyes, if you look in the gemtech pix thread, you'll see I posted a photo in there. It's a great can. I got a LID a few weeks ago too and run it on the Glock, and AR15 TALON upper. It's a range-favorite.

www.super-lube.com <--- for the lube

www.cop-talk.net
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

I know that tw25b is supposed to work well up to 450 degrees - I don't know when it burns off though. It might burn off even higher. I like it though... it's a good grease.
https://pewscience.com
PEW Science
Professionally Engineered Weaponeering
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

Thanks for the tips on the grease. Took it to the range and worked perfectly.