G36

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

tcba_joe
Silent But Deadly

Re: G36

Post by tcba_joe »

It's great they're building 416s state-side. However, how long before they hit the shelves?

I would love a 416, however for the projected price i'll buy something else.

Rsilvers, is the factory you're refering to thr Wilcox facility in NH?
LTC206

Post by LTC206 »

DEVIL DOC wrote:What do you prefer the 416 or the G36 series. What variants and why.

Based on my experience, the 416 is more usable than the G36KE (short)and E models (Long). Both G36 models would loose their zero after a few range sessions and we could not figure out why until Larry Vickers explained the problems with heat dissipation around the trunnion. Plastic does not remove heat very well and constant heating and cooling caused a shift. This was not so much an issue with CQB ranges but was a liability if a longer shot had to be taken. The ergonomics did not allow a good cheek weld even after replacing the carry handle/optics (horrible)with a top rail and Aimpoint. However, the weapon system is light and the gas piston system was great, you could eat off the bolt after a range session. It has functioned flawlessly with every type of ammo used.
The 416D (short model) suppresses well and functions with every thing I have put through it. However it is heavier than a traditional short barreled AR with most of the weight in the front. The recoil is stiffer than normal but more controllable especially in full auto. The HK diopter style sights we ordered with it are the removable front and rear but do not fold out of the way. They are shorter in height to compensate for the rail system being slightly taller and do not co witness with the EOTech sight. Those sights were great on the MP5 family but I have replaced them on this system.

I can sum it up by saying that I re-issued the G36KE to another and am now running the 416.

What hurts is to see what HK is charging the civilian market. We paid $750 for ours straight from HK a number of years ago. Wanted to trade for more 416s last year but you can't give them away now.

Not saying that the G36 is junk, but I believe there are better options out there when lives are on the line.
pierre1631
Elite Member

Post by pierre1631 »

LTC206 wrote: What hurts is to see what HK is charging the civilian market. We paid $750 for ours straight from HK a number of years ago. Wanted to trade for more 416s last year but you can't give them away now.
Where in Alabama are you? Cause I will take them if you are giving!!! :D :D Seriously- Maybe we can do some business- I have ordered 35 416s so far this year for departments.
Silent Industries
FFL/SOT
Madison, AL
256-783-5309
"Not the biggest- Just the best!"
Proud AAC SWR Silencerco Stocking Dealer
In einer Welt der Kompromisse Einige Männer Dont.
LTC206

Post by LTC206 »

Send me a PM at your convenience.