300 RUM Suppressor Options??

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

volson1911

300 RUM Suppressor Options??

Post by volson1911 »

Hey Fellas I am new to silencer Talk and have not posted anything before. I am currently building a custom rifle. I'm building a light weight tactical style rifle. I'm using a Manners T4 with 90% carbon fiber, Custom Defiance Machine action, Rock Creek ABS carbon fiber wrapped barrel, Seekins Bottom metal. Anyway I am wanting to get a suppressor for it and I need some advice. I do not have much experience with them so I need some help. The gun is chambered in 300 Rem Ultra Mag. Does anyone know of a good suppressor that can handle a ultra mag. I was hoping to find one for about $1000. I am planning on having the muzzle brake threaded so I can take it off and use a suppressor when wanted. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks
Mr8shot
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 RUM Suppressor Options??

Post by Mr8shot »

Some I know off the top of my head, although you'll want to confirm if they all can handle .300ultra mag. cost is going to matter when you go for silencing big calibers.
AAC titan
AAC 300-sd (not available till febuary 2011)
SWR omega 300
Rusty_Shackleford

Post by Rusty_Shackleford »

Even though I know the general consensus around here with respect to AWC, I can tell you my Thunertrap works like a champ on my 300RUM. I called ahead and got the GTG from AWC beforehand, but it sounds great and have had no ill effects. It is the 8" .30 cal version. Granted it is a bit heavier than Ti, but I have manageable, repeatable POI shift, and being SS, it comes in under $1K. Even though many here will respond negatively to this, I stand by my assessment. Granted, they have a reputation of late for less than stellar CS, and Chris can be a royal prick, but they have treated me well once we got past Chris' personality and the product is a good one.

That said, you can't beat my SRT Titanium Shadow LM made for the .338 Lapua Mag. I use it on my .300RUM as well as my Lapua and it is exceptionally quiet, very lightweight, and has little to no noticeable POI shift. They will run you a little more than a grand, but damned well worth every penny. Doug is excellent to work with, and his customer service is the equal of anyone in the business. I have a number of his cans and ALL are as good or better than any other brands I own.

I would LOVE to own a Titan, but the price just isn't right when compared to my SRT. I have shot one at a gathering, and I do like it, but for my money the SRT is atop the heap. YMMV, so the best advice I can give you is go to a silencer shoot, or find folks willing to let you hear their cans BEFORE you buy and make an informed choice.
hairy78
Silent But Deadly

Post by hairy78 »

I use a YHM Phantom 7.62 on my 300 RUM. It is factory approved for the caliber. Several board members on here have heard this combination and shot it. The can is surprisingly effective with sound and recoil reduction.

www.agcpd.com
volson1911

Post by volson1911 »

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it
Bull
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bull »

I 2nd the YHM 762 Phantom.
Bull
FFL Dealer/ SOT