whats the best way to find out what is inside?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

zach h
Silent But Deadly

whats the best way to find out what is inside?

Post by zach h »

what is the best way to find out what is inside of cans? I don't want to go through the whole form1 fiascio again. I can't look inside all the diferent cans out there and patent searches only get me so far. I do have a few that I could X-ray but its only a few.

just to lay some ground work I really disslike "K" and "M" baffles. I don't want to copy someone else ,not even on accedent. I know most builders keep there cans a secret so talking to them is about as much fun as a talking to my ex girfriends. I can count on getting into trouble if I do happen to get too close to someone elses design though.

Robbert has quite a few great pics and I've seen some others but thats a drop in the bucket out there. then AAC does what they did at the SHOT show and no one has any idea what the inside looks like.

short of sending pics and cad drawings out to the major players I'm a little lost right now. and no I'm not willing to send out my stuff just to have it taken by someone else.

a small shop can't stay open with .22lr cans alone.

thanks , Zach
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Lee at LRM

Post by David Hineline »

Lee at LRM is quitting the business and he was quiet well respected and his silencers were loved, perhaps contact him, throw some money his way, license his designs and promote the continuation of a popular product. That way you would not be loosing sleep about stealing.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
1928A1
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lee at LRM

Post by 1928A1 »

David Hineline wrote:Lee at LRM is quitting the business and he was quiet well respected and his silencers were loved, perhaps contact him, throw some money his way, license his designs and promote the continuation of a popular product. That way you would not be loosing sleep about stealing.
Sombody is already taking over for Lee, I think. I read it here somewhere.
07FFL 02 SOT
KLM
Silent But Deadly

Post by KLM »

Borescope?

They're pricey though.
The stitched together quilt of my stony silence forms a tapestry of quiet desperation.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: whats the best way to find out what is inside?

Post by cyclone72 »

zach h wrote:what is the best way to find out what is inside of cans?

a hacksaw!
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

How can you copy if you don't know

Post by David Hineline »

If you remain ignorant as to what is inside, there is no way you could copy someone elses design if that is what bothers you.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
zach h
Silent But Deadly

Re: How can you copy if you don't know

Post by zach h »

David Hineline wrote:If you remain ignorant as to what is inside, there is no way you could copy someone elses design if that is what bothers you.
I'd still like to be the first . it would suck to think I came up with something only to find out later that I'm not the first. but thats very dificult in this field.