Skating Rink Bans Muslim Head Scarves

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Skating Rink Bans Muslim Head Scarves

Post by Hush »

The Connecticut rink says the ban is for skating safety.

http://www.breitbart.tv/skating-rink-ba ... d-scarves/

His rink his rules, don't like it go pound sand.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
NN4S
Silent But Deadly

Re: Skating Rink Bans Muslim Head Scarves

Post by NN4S »

When I worked as a rink guard back in the eighties, no hats or scarves were allowed on the skating floor. The rule was to prevent them from tripping anyone up should they come off of the wearer. We sure as heck weren't concerned about muslims or any particular group here in the south, just keeping someone from a face plant and getting sued. 8)
Don T. NN4S
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

NN4S wrote:When I worked as a rink guard back in the eighties, no hats or scarves were allowed on the skating floor. The rule was to prevent them from tripping anyone up should they come off of the wearer. We sure as heck weren't concerned about muslims or any particular group here in the south, just keeping someone from a face plant and getting sued. 8)
It makes sense to me, I've never ice skated but I imagine if someone tried to skate over a dropped scarf or handkerchief that they would stop short and go flying face first.

This woman is thick headed and believes its because of her religion or she's just looking to sue.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

She said they don't just fly off. So I guess she wants an exception for people who are sure their hats don't easily fly off.

On the other hand, she was just visiting a kids party and said she was not going to skate.
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

I've got a nice staple gun that will virtually guarantee any head covering not to fall off. :twisted:
NN4S
Silent But Deadly

Post by NN4S »

silencertalk wrote:She said they don't just fly off. So I guess she wants an exception for people who are sure their hats don't easily fly off.

On the other hand, she was just visiting a kids party and said she was not going to skate.
At our rink, the party area was seperated from the skating floor by a good 30 feet and a wall, so I expect it wouldn't have been an issue there unless she had wanted to go around the wall to watch the skaters. No hats or scarves were allowed past the wall even for non-skaters, as we'd had folks toss them out on the skate floor just to try & cause falls. Non-skaters could watch through the windows if so inclined and continue to wear whatever they pleased.

Not saying that this is the same for the rink in CT, but we had our reasons and the signage was very clear- no head coverings past the wall to the skate floor... no exceptions!!!
Don T. NN4S