Remington complete rifles

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

chase102798

Remington complete rifles

Post by chase102798 »

Hi, Is anyone building and selling complete Remington rifles in the 300BLK yet? ...without having to go buy your own Rem 700 or 7, as I don't have one.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Re: Remington complete rifles

Post by imyomama »

I think it's a shot show "hush hush " release .... so i'd think we can get them toward end of january.. cross your fingers!! I'm getting one too!!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

We won't have rifles by the Shot Show (except samples) - they will be Model-7s and ship much later. If you want a Rem rifle, the best thing is to buy the AAC barrel from MidwayUSA and have the barrel installed on a 223 or ideally a 17 Fireball rifle.

I recommend buying barrels now if you want something anytime soon.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

If you can find one, the mini-mausers can make some nice reliable .300BLK's due to their robust extractor. Howas also can be made to work well. Savages can to, but it takes some extractor/ejector mods. There are several ways to go about that. I understand you want a Remington though, since you named it specifically in your post, just thought Id throw that out there for the betterment of the group.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Eagle1*
Silent But Deadly

Post by Eagle1* »

silencertalk wrote:We won't have rifles by the Shot Show (except samples) - they will be Model-7s and ship much later. If you want a Rem rifle, the best thing is to buy the AAC barrel from MidwayUSA and have the barrel installed on a 223 or ideally a 17 Fireball rifle.

So, these are the remington actions that are needed to build one of these rifles?
In God we trust, all others are checked through NCIC!
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Eagle1* wrote:
silencertalk wrote:We won't have rifles by the Shot Show (except samples) - they will be Model-7s and ship much later. If you want a Rem rifle, the best thing is to buy the AAC barrel from MidwayUSA and have the barrel installed on a 223 or ideally a 17 Fireball rifle.

So, these are the remington actions that are needed to build one of these rifles?
Correct. If you want to use one of the AAC barrels, you need a Remington Model 7 or 700 short action receiver (.223 or 17 fireball as mentioned.)

I used a Remington 700 SPS in .223 that I found on sale with the light profile barrel above.

2bad4u2
Silent Operator

Post by 2bad4u2 »

Why ideally a .17 Fireball over the .223? Are there extractor and/or magazine differences (follower? internal spacer?) between the two chamberings?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

The ejector is different.
Eagle1*
Silent But Deadly

Post by Eagle1* »

silencertalk wrote:The ejector is different.

So, would the 223 SA or the other action be better choice if i was going to build a rifle from scratch? I was thinking a Remington 223 short action and the medium barrels from AAC that have just hit the market with a very nice stock would probably make a damn fine shooting rifle!
In God we trust, all others are checked through NCIC!
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

well that's no good!!!!

brass check!
bullets check!
dies check!
gun...... ahhhhhhhhhhh daaaaarn!

I don't have gunsmithing skills to do my own remi .. so I'll just have to wait for the model 7 to come out...
I guess i'll just have to use my saved up money on something else for now!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

I bet you could do it, its not too hard. The AAC instructions are straight forward, and require minimal tools.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I think anyone who is willing to bolt down a barrel vise can do it. Let's make a tool list:

1. Barrel vise. $50?
2. Action wrench. $40?
3. Torque wrench (optional).
4. Sandpaper which can cut metal. $5?
5. Micrometer (best) or caliper (ok). $20?
6. GO and NOGO headspace gauge. $50?

So about $180 in tools, and then you learn how to do it and can do it again later, or pay a gunsmith to do it but not learn the skilz.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Assembly of the Model-7s is to be in March, so that is about when you can expect them.
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

silencertalk wrote:Assembly of the Model-7s is to be in March, so that is about when you can expect them.
Good to know. Thanks.
aquajon
Silent But Deadly

Post by aquajon »

I think an integrally suppressed barrel assembly for this platform would be awesome given the suppression level already achieved. Would a integral 300BLK Model 7 put out muzzle noise closer to the .22LR range? Are mid 110 decibel's possible? Now THAT would be a fun plinker.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

aquajon wrote:I think an integrally suppressed barrel assembly for this platform would be awesome given the suppression level already achieved. Would a integral 300BLK Model 7 put out muzzle noise closer to the .22LR range? Are mid 110 decibel's possible? Now THAT would be a fun plinker.
Wouldn't an integral reduce the velocity and result in less desirable ballistic performance, at least for the 300 BLK subsonic, e.g. the HK MP5SD turns 9mm into .380?
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

"Integral" doesn't mandate barrel porting. You could build an 8" barrel into a 20" suppressor tube, getting normal .300BLK performance with great suppression but without the SBR tax and comparatively shorter than a 16" barrel with a 9" suppressor on the end.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
cpti

Post by cpti »

Plans for lefty model 700s/7s or am I dreaming :lol:

Found a good price on a 17 fireball SPS Varmint lefty I could convert. 17 Fireball is preferred over 223 due to the extractor, correct?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

cpti wrote:Plans for lefty model 700s/7s or am I dreaming :lol:

Found a good price on a 17 fireball SPS Varmint lefty I could convert. 17 Fireball is preferred over 223 due to the extractor, correct?
The 17 Fireball would be excellent for this and is preferred over 223. Left handed guns are tough as each gun variation is a special run and bill of materials and stocked item - and I bet even 50% of left-handed shooters would prefer to buy a right handed gun just for resale value. So 95% of the market is eliminated off the bat.
libertyman777
Silent But Deadly

Post by libertyman777 »

82nd airborne wrote:I bet you could do it, its not too hard. The AAC instructions are straight forward, and require minimal tools.
What? Where? How?

I've done Savage rifles before and I see the tool list above. I'm game.

Paul
Remember............ You're Special, Unique, One of a Kind.............Just like everyone else.................
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Ask robert if he still has the instructions in PDF form. If he does not, I may have them. If I do not, call my shop and someone can walk you through it.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
libertyman777
Silent But Deadly

Post by libertyman777 »

82nd airborne wrote:Ask robert if he still has the instructions in PDF form. If he does not, I may have them. If I do not, call my shop and someone can walk you through it.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
http://www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
I found it. Thanks,

Paul
Remember............ You're Special, Unique, One of a Kind.............Just like everyone else.................
Hellrazor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hellrazor »

silencertalk wrote:The 17 Fireball would be excellent for this...
Buy 2 of them. I shoot a 17 fireball to blow up small game... tons of fun. If you reload, it cost about as much as 17hmr to shoot.