SWR's NEW 9mm SUPPRESSOR - the OCTANE-9!!!!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

KalashniKEV

Re: SWR's NEW 9mm SUPPRESSOR - the OCTANE-9!!!!

Post by KalashniKEV »

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:I doubt they're planning on it.
Is it possible that someone else could cut the endcap off and thread it? (voiding all warranties of course)

I'm a n00b, but I'm running full auto suppressed so I really need a take apart can. (yeah, yeah.... I know, so why did you get a T9?)
The true strength of steel is in the hand that wields it...
Hellrazor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hellrazor »

Guys, the trident is a great can... stop freaking out. We don't know anything about this thing yet other than it's take apart. Shoot your tridents and enjoy a great can! And if you still want a new one, get it.
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

Hellrazor wrote:Guys, the trident is a great can... stop freaking out. We don't know anything about this thing yet other than it's take apart. Shoot your tridents and enjoy a great can! And if you still want a new one, get it.
Nobody is freaking out and nobody has said that the trident isn't a great can, we're only inquiring about a possible upgrade. That's not freaking out, that's asking a question. After a couple hundred rounds I've started seeing baffle erosion in my trident on the 3rd and 4th baffles already. Because of that, being able to upgrade to all SS baffles would be a major benefit for me. So far the performance of the can has been excellent but I wouldn't turn down the chance for it to have a longer life span due to upgrading it to all SS baffles.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson
Smilodon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smilodon »

Yea, I'm not freaking out either. My Trident should be pending, and clear anytime now. I do still wish I'd known this was gonna be available. Hope they do something similiar to this with the HEMS, as .45 can is prob. next on my list. I'm sure I'll be quite happy with my Trident. SWR doesn rebuild your can if the baffle erosion gets too bad don't they?
www.sabrewerks.com
[email protected]
KalashniKEV

Post by KalashniKEV »

I'm not freaking out either... just a little disappointed at the way this went down. At least with Apple you know when the upgrades are coming.

I don't think it's too crazy to inquire about an upgrade either. Upgrades exist. I've heard about them. From other manufacturers.

I mean... I'm going to buy other cans (.22 next, .308) so it will be nice to see how they handle this.

In the mean time I'm going to continue blaze the living crap out of my Trident9... even if it weighs 5 pounds and I'm deaf by the end of the year.
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

Will the HD handle 300 BLK pressures of single shot and slow fire...???
rsm688
Silent But Deadly

Post by rsm688 »

bayonet14 wrote:Will the HD handle 300 BLK pressures of single shot and slow fire...???

The Trident 9 will, my buddy has 350 rounds through his Trident on his 300 BLK.....i highly doubt SWR endorses it but he has no problems. No full auto but he shoots it in semi pretty quick just fine
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

rsm688 wrote:
bayonet14 wrote:Will the HD handle 300 BLK pressures of single shot and slow fire...???

The Trident 9 will, my buddy has 350 rounds through his Trident on his 300 BLK.....i highly doubt SWR endorses it but he has no problems. No full auto but he shoots it in semi pretty quick just fine

Sweet - and I just picked up a 7.62 SD - but this new SWR looks awesome...Oh MAJ M looks like I need to be added to the buy list :D
Thanks for the reply rsm688...
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

Yesterday I got some pics of the Octane with the end cap removed. The piston from the booster is the tool that you use to remove the end cap (very smart on SWR's part! :D ). Also got a pic of the "encapsulator" that sits at the distal end of the baffle stack and holds everything in place - another great idea!

Bryon

SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
wakerider017
Silent But Deadly

Post by wakerider017 »

It would be cool if they did an update for the Trident considering that it looks like AAC is going to be doing 'updates' for the Tirant.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

wakerider017 wrote:It would be cool if they did an update for the Trident considering that it looks like AAC is going to be doing 'updates' for the Tirant.
Considering how the Prodigy upgrade program went, I would advise a wait and see approach.
KalashniKEV

Post by KalashniKEV »

wakerider017 wrote:It would be cool if they did an update for the Trident considering that it looks like AAC is going to be doing 'updates' for the Tirant.
Gee... thanks for telling me that... after much research I just got into the silencer game like, a week ago and thought for sure I would board the AAC hate train... now I have to give up my seat on that too!
starlingstalker
Silent But Deadly

Post by starlingstalker »

Well, with the piston from the booster used for a take down of the end cap the super kewl factor really, realllly takes off. Razzle and dazzle and show and tell everywhere! Sweet! Especially doing a tear down for an onlooker wannabe that has no clue what a can guts look like and this high end design readily demonstrates over the top engineering ala SWR! Brisk business is Coming-even the price is major popular,too! Cleanup is a prime shopping consideration for me as I shoot hard cast and a clunker sionic can is a super pain to tidy up. So,for polishing/spiffing up an "UNleaded" can, an obvious quickie chore if a soft bronze brush on a wheel after a bit of anti seize is applied in a few of the right places to the innards. The 1st pictures prior HAD major top shelf for its curb appeal but these pictures NOW have put me on the GOT TO HAVE short list. The only thing I have to point out is that on the 'UNleaded' themed promo poster there was a lack of a proofread somewhere prior to release and my 10th grade English teacher Ms. Dear has her red ink pen out while flipping end over end in her grave that " therefore" was lost due to bad grammar somehow. OK, just put a 9mm right there over/through the stack of posters, obliterate the typo and I'm confident that she would approve.
Without ANY doubt, my new sparrow is going to get a new friend! So, SWR is running on the top shelf with a serious winner, I'm going soon to put "UNleaded" Octane in my tank! What a Year for Serious Cans!!!
Congratulations to the, yes 'THE' SWR! :D :D :D : starlingstalker
Ban weapons, not firearms!
It may ONLY be a dollar but its STILL a Sux Tax!
Pssst, so let's change this infringing UNConstitutional Law!
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

No OEM MFG I know of has taken a sealed can and offered to make it a take-apart can.
LFC

Post by LFC »

Hey maj malfunction

PM a price on the HD version with 1/2x28 booster please????

I dont even have my trident-9's stamp back yet........but this looks sweet!!!!!!
MAJ MALFUNCTION

LFC wrote:Hey maj malfunction

PM a price on the HD version with 1/2x28 booster please????

I dont even have my trident-9's stamp back yet........but this looks sweet!!!!!!
PM sent! :D

Bryon
mpallett

Post by mpallett »

starlingstalker wrote:Well, with the piston from the booster used for a take down of the end cap the super kewl factor really, realllly takes off. Razzle and dazzle and show and tell everywhere! Sweet! Especially doing a tear down for an onlooker wannabe that has no clue what a can guts look like and this high end design readily demonstrates over the top engineering ala SWR! Brisk business is Coming-even the price is major popular,too! Cleanup is a prime shopping consideration for me as I shoot hard cast and a clunker sionic can is a super pain to tidy up. So,for polishing/spiffing up an "UNleaded" can, an obvious quickie chore if a soft bronze brush on a wheel after a bit of anti seize is applied in a few of the right places to the innards. The 1st pictures prior HAD major top shelf for its curb appeal but these pictures NOW have put me on the GOT TO HAVE short list. The only thing I have to point out is that on the 'UNleaded' themed promo poster there was a lack of a proofread somewhere prior to release and my 10th grade English teacher Ms. Dear has her red ink pen out while flipping end over end in her grave that " therefore" was lost due to bad grammar somehow. OK, just put a 9mm right there over/through the stack of posters, obliterate the typo and I'm confident that she would approve.
Without ANY doubt, my new sparrow is going to get a new friend! So, SWR is running on the top shelf with a serious winner, I'm going soon to put "UNleaded" Octane in my tank! What a Year for Serious Cans!!!
Congratulations to the, yes 'THE' SWR! :D :D :D : starlingstalker

The "proof read" issue was fixed before this was posted. M3 used an early idea. :P
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Definition of THEREFORE
1a : for that reason : consequently b : because of that c : on that ground
2: to that end
See therefore defined for English-language learners »
Examples of THEREFORE
The cell phone is thin and light and therefore very convenient to carry around.
Payment was received two weeks after it was due; therefore, you will be charged a late fee.
To understand what has happened to the earth's atmosphere—and, therefore, how our climate might change in the future—some ice-core scientists in the Arctic are training their eyes directly downward. —Bryan Walsh, Time, 18 Aug. 2008
jbabb
Silent But Deadly

Post by jbabb »

In regards to AAC's take-apart Ti-Rants, are we still looking at multi-cal abilities on the .45ACP can?

Any numbers posted on the take-apart Ti-Rants or the Octane-9 yet? Especially compared to the sealed Ti-Rants and the Trident-9.

Sorry if these questions have already been asked or answered.

- jb -
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Ruger MkII Guru and Collector

- SWR Trident 9
- SWR Spectre
- More Ruger MkII's than you can shake a stick at
MAJ MALFUNCTION

jbabb wrote:In regards to AAC's take-apart Ti-Rants, are we still looking at multi-cal abilities on the .45ACP can?

Any numbers posted on the take-apart Ti-Rants or the Octane-9 yet? Especially compared to the sealed Ti-Rants and the Trident-9.

- jb -
The user serviceable Ti-Rants should put down the same numbers as last years "sealed" Ti-Rants (the cans are identical).

We have the entire first batch of Octane-9s coming to us - once their here I'll do full sound testing on the can we pick out as our "demo" can. :)

Bryon
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

jbabb wrote:In regards to AAC's take-apart Ti-Rants, are we still looking at multi-cal abilities on the .45ACP can?

- jb -
Don't want to crap on the Octane thread- that can looks good and SWR makes great s--t.

That said, to answer your questions- the 2011 Ti-RANTs meter the same as the 2010 sealed ones.
Yes, to the multi-cal use for the T45, no problem. Both the T9 and T45 are full auto rated.
Kick Ass Design
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

JasonAAC wrote:Don't want to crap on the Octane thread- that can looks good and SWR makes great s--t.
This reply gets points for class. It's how it should be.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
RaiseHal

Post by RaiseHal »

pm sent.
gthirteen
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gthirteen »

I believe the Trident offered 3 positions for POI shift adjustments- what about the Octane?
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

gthirteen wrote:I believe the Trident offered 3 positions for POI shift adjustments- what about the Octane?
I'm going to guess 9.
And, I'm just guessing and writing it down to see if I'm right, that's all. I haven't seen the Octane yet.