What silencer company is the most responsive to customers?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

psp7
Silent But Deadly

What silencer company is the most responsive to customers?

Post by psp7 »

I know its a dumb question as it has clearly been Silencerco, but isnt it fun to see AAC and Gemtech scramble to make ground? Its so obvious as those two in the past ignore us, until smaller companies who sincerely care actually give the complacent big boys a kick in the ass :lol: . This is what I love about capitalism :D . Do you appreciate small business?
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Re: What silencer company is the most responsive to customer

Post by David Hineline »

Pick up an old machinegun news magazine and see how many one man shop silencer companies with great customer service are no longer around.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Post by psp7 »

dave, sorry I cant relate to the small world you relate, but many of us are tired of the cavilier mentality of the few marketeer giants of suppressors. Its comforting to see the giants being slayed by David :lol:
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

You realize that Silenerco makes 2 products? Where do you go if you want something outside of that limited box?
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Post by psp7 »

david, I hear what you say, but to me centerfire rifle cans are worthless. I only care about subsonic rimfire and centerfire pistol cans that are ACTUALLY QUIET :mrgreen: Leave .223 and .308 cans to the military :)
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

Sounds to me like Silencerco is the perfect company for you, are you going to buy both of their products, and then be happy or buy multiple copies of their two products to help keep their business strong and growing.

No negative view of Silencerco should be taken from my post here as none is intended. Great company great service happy customers.
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Post by psp7 »

dave, yes I do have both of their cans :mrgreen: Osprey and sparrow, but all I care now is to upgrade the sparrow to s/s. Really though, do you think .223 and .308 cans are worth $1,000 plus, yet still being loud by nature? I expected more from a midwesterner :wink:
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

psp7 wrote:I know its a dumb question as it has clearly been Silencerco, but isnt it fun to see AAC and Gemtech scramble to make ground? Its so obvious as those two in the past ignore us, until smaller companies who sincerely care actually give the complacent big boys a kick in the ass :lol: . This is what I love about capitalism :D . Do you appreciate small business?
I've never had a problem with any of the manufacturers you've listed. All have been responsive to my orders, any issues with their product that I may have found/unintentionally created and have all been very professional.

The smaller off the beaten path manufacturers are where I get a headache.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Post by psp7 »

going, you are one of few satisfied in getting response from AAC CS. Congrats :) Personally I think Gemtech is substandard as they are often cavalier about anything contrary to their ways. Sorta stubborn if ya ask me :( .
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

One thing that everyone should keep in mind when judging the silencer manufacturers (before you throw any of them under the bus) is that the silencer industry is growing at a RAPID pace.

It's tuff for any business to keep up with rapid growth - hiring new peeps, expanding product lines and production capability, financing your expansion, etc. It's not like they don't care about customers - most are working as hard as they can to keep up. Customer demand for silencers has grown steadily every single year and will continue to do so for years to come (I believe).

Bryon
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

psp7, I'm curious to know how many non-silencerco cans you own.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

psp7 wrote: I expected more from a midwesterner :wink:
So did I.
Retooferab

Post by Retooferab »

You would be hard pressed to find a suppressor company with better customer service than Thunder Beast Arms. I got my 30P-1 stuck on a barrel and emailed Zak on a Sunday and had a reply within a few minutes. I am glad I bought a TBAC suppressor. I looked at all the brands before I bought. Zak answered every email I sent quick.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Conqueror wrote:psp7, I'm curious to know how many non-silencerco cans you own.
Yes, and I would love to hear any personal experiences you have had with us or our products.
We have more customers than any other manufacturer, so due to that, you will hear people complain. You don't hear from satisfied customers very often.

I personally think that myself, mers, john, etc have all been very responsive and helpful. Anyone that has any specific concerns, feel free to PM me.

Oh, and can we switch this around to what dealers are responsive? 'cause Major is a real asshole. :D I kid, of course.
Kick Ass Design
Table Rock Arms
Silent Operator

Post by Table Rock Arms »

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:One thing that everyone should keep in mind when judging the silencer manufacturers (before you throw any of them under the bus) is that the silencer industry is growing at a RAPID pace.

It's tuff for any business to keep up with rapid growth - hiring new peeps, expanding product lines and production capability, financing your expansion, etc. It's not like they don't care about customers - most are working as hard as they can to keep up. Customer demand for silencers has grown steadily every single year and will continue to do so for years to come (I believe).

Bryon
Agree 100%. most people never take this into consideration. However regardless of how rapidly your expanding, its good practice to return calls or emails.
Table Rock Arms
07 FFL 02 SOT
541-702-6216
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

JasonAAC wrote:Oh, and can we switch this around to what dealers are responsive? 'cause Major is a real asshole. :D I kid, of course.
I prefer "tool" to "A-hole". :)
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I've had excellent CS from both AAC and Gemtech. I'd like to know what his basis of comparison is between the names he's throwing around. From what I can gather from this thread and others, he's mud-slinging just for attention. I doubt he has actual experience with any of the companies he's bashing. He was trolling a night vision thread in the optics forum, bashing TNVC, making claims essentially saying they were lying to their customers, without having ever done business with them. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, obvious troll is obvious.
gixxerbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by gixxerbill »

No doubt about it...it's got to be Shooter's Depot and Mikes Gun Sales. Oh never mind, I thought you said which company likes to screw its customers up the ass the most. Their slogans should be "Buy here and walk funny for a week"
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:Oh, and can we switch this around to what dealers are responsive? 'cause Major is a real asshole. :D I kid, of course.
I prefer "tool" to "A-hole". :)
yes, major is an a-hole tool.

er, wait a minute...

worst. thread. ever.
Kick Ass Design
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

JohnnyC wrote:I've had excellent CS from both AAC and Gemtech. I'd like to know what his basis of comparison is between the names he's throwing around. From what I can gather from this thread and others, he's mud-slinging just for attention. I doubt he has actual experience with any of the companies he's bashing. He was trolling a night vision thread in the optics forum, bashing TNVC, making claims essentially saying they were lying to their customers, without having ever done business with them. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, obvious troll is obvious.
+1

I'd like to read his reasoning as well for kissing some a$$.

Edit: as a note I have purchased suppressors from AAC and SilencerCo and I am not biased.
Jonas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jonas »

David Hineline wrote:Pick up an old machinegun news magazine and see how many one man shop silencer companies with great customer service are no longer around.
Agreed.

AAC, Knight's, and Gemtech will be around in 20 years. Some of the other brands that are manufactured in garages and such, or have only been around for ~5 years, who knows?
Bandit
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bandit »

Jonas wrote: AAC, Knight's, and Gemtech will be around in 20 years. Some of the other brands that are manufactured in garages and such, or have only been around for ~5 years, who knows?
They all got to start somewhere.

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:One thing that everyone should keep in mind when judging the silencer manufacturers (before you throw any of them under the bus) is that the silencer industry is growing at a RAPID pace.

Bryon
Gots to agree with that. What will guys do when new manufacturers come along who will try to fill any voids in supply ? They all deserve a chance and I bet some here will open mouth and insert foot to try and knock them down. Some buyers act like they're the only one on this planet. Maybe to many spoon fed brats around these days.

If you're not part of the solution, you're not only "part" of the problem but, you "are" the problem.
trey_phish83
Silent But Deadly

Post by trey_phish83 »

idk about the other folks here, but i've never had to call the manufacturer. i got 5 cans, and all of them a different company, and they all work great and i've never had a problem.

do people just bother these companys to bother them? who cares about customer service if you make a quality produce.

the only thing i'd ever consider is asking aac how to get my evo-9 booster out, i can't physically do it with my two hands. but i don't care that much, it still does the job, i just can clean it.
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

trey_phish83 wrote:the only thing i'd ever consider is asking aac how to get my evo-9 booster out, i can't physically do it with my two hands. but i don't care that much, it still does the job, i just can clean it.
1. Unscrew the back cap.
2. soak the can overnight, bottom down in 3-4 inches of KROIL or CLP
3. next day, wiggle the end of the piston around to loosen it up and pul it out.
4. iv have great luck taking the barrel out of my gun, threading that into the piston after the soak and using the barrel to pull the piston out.
5. then get in there with some scotchbrite and solvent and clean the inside of the booster housing out.
Kick Ass Design
gixxerbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by gixxerbill »

JasonAAC wrote:
trey_phish83 wrote:the only thing i'd ever consider is asking aac how to get my evo-9 booster out, i can't physically do it with my two hands. but i don't care that much, it still does the job, i just can clean it.
1. Unscrew the back cap.
2. soak the can overnight, bottom down in 3-4 inches of KROIL or CLP
3. next day, wiggle the end of the piston around to loosen it up and pul it out.
4. iv have great luck taking the barrel out of my gun, threading that into the piston after the soak and using the barrel to pull the piston out.
5. then get in there with some scotchbrite and solvent and clean the inside of the booster housing out.
that's pretty quick service 8)