10/22 Integral Barrels

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

gunguy
Silent But Deadly

10/22 Integral Barrels

Post by gunguy »

I'm trying to decide on one of these, but I can't decide which is going to be the quietest. I have wached a few youtube videos on the Thompson machine and the Liberty. I noticed that YHM has one out also. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
JC Weaponry
Silent But Deadly

Re: 10/22 Integral Barrels

Post by JC Weaponry »

Here is a Short List:

Tactical Solutions SAWTOOTH
Tactical Solutions SAWTOOTH Mono Core
YHM Stainless
YHM Black Stainless
AAC Integral (*Debuted at SHOT11)
AAC CLOAK
SRT Integral
AWC/RUGER ULTRA II
Coastal Passport IIR
John Norrell Integral
Gemtech Oasis-R
Gemtech OASIS-RD
Shooters Depot GKD
TROS Integral
LRM Vidar
Thompson Machine
Elite Iron
Last edited by JC Weaponry on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIGnature SIGsauer Dealer
01/03 SOT
Newberg, OR
ncsu90
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncsu90 »

JC Weaponry wrote:Here is a Short List:

Tactical Solutions SAWTOOTH
Tactical Solutions SAWTOOTH Mono Core
YHM Stainless
YHM Black Stainless
AAC Integral (*Debuted at SHOT11)
AAC CLOAK
SRT Integral
AWC/RUGER ULTRA II
Coastal Passport IIR
John Norrell Integral
Gemtech Oasis-R
Gemtech OASIS-RD
Shooters Depot GKD
TROS Integral
LRM Vidar

Add:
Elite Iron 10/22: http://www.eliteiron.net/elite-iron-sup ... page5.html
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

AAC is making one? Any more info on it? I did a quick search and came up with nothing. :?:
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

gunguy wrote:AAC is making one? Any more info on it? I did a quick search and came up with nothing. :?:

Read the shot show threads. I think it was the Majors shot show one.
Very cool. One stamp. The barrel itself is milled down and you just remove the outer tube to clean. It's got two large expansion chambers with a couple of ports, then the baffle stack at the end. The entire barrel is the silencer.

You also need to add Thompson Machine to the integral list.

I'd also recommend TBA for integrals of any kind.
kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Post by kapkanimd »

AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

A one-stamp integral is a very good thing.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

WOW! That looks sweet. So are the baffles steel? Maybe some of us branded for lifers could get a deal on these?
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

gunguy wrote:WOW! That looks sweet. So are the baffles steel? Maybe some of us branded for lifers could get a deal on these?
This entitlement mentality is getting old.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

gunguy wrote:WOW! That looks sweet. So are the baffles steel? Maybe some of us branded for lifers could get a deal on these?
I think we will do this.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

Ok sounds good to me! :D
eseaton
Silent But Deadly

Post by eseaton »

Kevin/AAC wrote:
I think we will do this.
And maybe add those willing to get a "brand" at a deeper discount???

eseaton
From the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
tbasuppressors

Post by tbasuppressors »

Check ours out @ http://www.tbasuppressors.com. There is a video clip link on our website. 20" tube 16" barrel, comes apart with an allen wrench and a 5/8" socket. Available with stainless, mild steel or an aluminum tube. Unlike most manufacturers,we will make it in any configuration you want it in, with any barrel length. We have them on the shelf ready for delivery. Todd
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

tbasuppressors wrote:Check ours out @ http://www.tbasuppressors.com. There is a video clip link on our website. 20" tube 16" barrel, comes apart with an allen wrench and a 5/8" socket. Available with stainless, mild steel or an aluminum tube. Unlike most manufacturers,we will make it in any configuration you want it in, with any barrel length. We have them on the shelf ready for delivery. Todd
Glad to see you post here.

I have heard two of Todds integrals (two CZ bolt action .22lr) and they are the quietest things I've ever heard.
Simply amazing. It made me want to throw away my muzzle can.
tbasuppressors

Post by tbasuppressors »

Check ours out @ http://www.tbasuppressors.com. There are some video clips that you can listen too on the site. These come apart with a 1/4" allen wrench and a 5/8" socket. Available with a Stainless, Mild steel or an aluminum tube. 16" barrel, 20" tube, or we can build it to your specs. Check it out.
Didnt realize I posted this twice. Sorry Guys.....Todd
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

After seeing AAC's integral, there is no way I would buy anything else right now. Ugh, I feel filthy for saying that.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

este wrote:After seeing AAC's integral, there is no way I would buy anything else right now. Ugh, I feel filthy for saying that.
We'll convert you eventually. :)
Kick Ass Design
CATM93

Post by CATM93 »

I don't know if they are still in business, but I have one made by John's Guns that is very quiet and accurate out to two hundred yards with a Shepard Shooting Ace Scope on it.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

tbasuppressors wrote:Check ours out @ http://www.tbasuppressors.com. There are some video clips that you can listen too on the site. These come apart with a 1/4" allen wrench and a 5/8" socket. Available with a Stainless, Mild steel or an aluminum tube. 16" barrel, 20" tube, or we can build it to your specs. Check it out.
Didnt realize I posted this twice. Sorry Guys.....Todd
In reading some information on your website, I came away with a question. Apologies if it was explained and I failed to read it.

"Magnetic bolt-lock" on a 10/22? It is a bolt-lock, and it is magnetic? Can you go into more detail on this? Specifically, I am concerned (in general) about bolt-locks because they typically anchor to something, and then that something suffers accelerated wear-and-tear. Obviously less of an issue on rimfire versus centerfire, but still.

Could you go into more detail?
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

Their "bolt lock" is just a piece of metal that fills the area between the charging handle and the receiver and that is what caused the bolt not to move.
The piece of metal is just held in place magnetically, it doesn't use magnetic energy to lock the bolt.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
tbasuppressors

Post by tbasuppressors »

I couldnt have said it better myself. The 1022 bolt lock is made out of .125" 6061 aluminum billet and has a magnetic strip on the rear of it to hold it in place. The contact is made on the rear of the charging handle and the rear of the receiver to hold the bolt shut.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

How do you arrange it to fit? By that I mean, you can stuff a piece of metal in there and the bolt will move some, but not enough to cycle, right? But the idea here isn't to prevent the gun from cycling exactly, it is to prevent the gun from making noise. So the piece that is placed in the action has to be a very, very exact fit. So does your bolt lock have just very, very little 'play' in it, or does it expand in the crevice with a spring or something? How do you make it fit well enough from gun to gun to prevent the action from making (hardly) any noise when fired? Or am I simply overthinking the complexity of this?
tbasuppressors

Post by tbasuppressors »

There is a bunch of play in the charging handle from the factory. It moves forward about .0625 and this forces the handle to the front of the bolt.I will have my web guy post the instructions next week under Technical Support on my website. I tried to do it here but Im not sure how to paste something in this forum. If your interested you can email me and I will send you the instruction sheet. It will answer all of your questions. [email protected]
eseaton
Silent But Deadly

Post by eseaton »

tbasuppressors wrote:There is a bunch of play in the charging handle from the factory. It moves forward about .0625 and this forces the handle to the front of the bolt.I will have my web guy post the instructions next week under Technical Support on my website. I tried to do it here but Im not sure how to paste something in this forum. If your interested you can email me and I will send you the instruction sheet. It will answer all of your questions. [email protected]
may I have a copy of the instruction sheet, too?

Thanks

eseaton

[email protected]
From the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

I made a bolt lock like he describes out of a piece of a flat clothes pin wood some months back figuring if it worked maybe I could use the magnetic rubber strips they sell, now maybe my hearing isn't that good but I didn't notice much if any difference.
It fits into the cutout in the receiver where the bolt handle slides, butt one end behind the handle and the other end butts against the inside of the cutout lip, it just sits there flat against the bolt, wish I could draw you a picture.
As I said I didn't notice any if much difference so I didn't bother with it anymore, I have a bolt action 77/22 so why bother.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.