PIC's Of My Latest SBR (very cool little puppy)

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

MadDogDan
Senior Silent Operator

PIC's Of My Latest SBR (very cool little puppy)

Post by MadDogDan »

I have always wanted a full auto Czech Scorpion but only two or three "transferables" exist in the US and "they ain't for sale". I fugured the next best thing would be to SBR a VZ61 Scorpion Pistol. Well, exactly 12 weeks mailbox to mailbox and my stamped Form1 was in hand. Czech Point imports the VZ61 pistols but the lower receiver is minus the stock bracket. A company called WaffenWorx machines a beautiful, well made bracket that accepts surplus stocks. It took me all of about 45 minutes to drill and tap the lower, bolted the bracket on and added a surplus stock I got from Czech Point for $26. Spare 20 round mags are plentiful and only cost $17. Like the original this is chambered in 32ACP.

The stock trigger comes with a 2.5 lb. trigger pull out of the box. It is so light this thing "bump-fires" from the shoulder like crazy. I am guessing about 700 rounds per minute because I can empty a 20 round mag in about 2 seconds. Everyone at the range thinks it is the real deal full auto, and even when being closely watched they can't tell that is not. Ammo in my area is $12 to $13 per box of 50 rounds so I can keep it fed and not break the bank.

Here are a couple of pics along with two of it's bigger brothers. A 7.5" Noveske Diplomat chambered in 6.8 SPC and a 10.5" Robinson XCR chambered in 5.56

MadDog 8)

WWJWD (What Would John Wayne Do?)
csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Re: PIC's Of My Latest SBR (very cool little puppy)

Post by csfirearms »

I know how you fell. Love mine. It is hard to shoot with the stock out but I'm getting used to it.

CSF

I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
MadDogDan
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MadDogDan »

Why is it hard to shoot with the stock deployed? Are you trying to use the sights? If you are that is the problem. The sights were made to use at arms length just like any other pistol. When using the stock you do not use a "high shoulder" position but rather pull it in closer to your pec muscle and "point shoot". Takes a little practice but I can bump-fire complete mags and keep all rounds center mass of a man sized target at 30'. It wasn't made for better accuracy then that while using the stock.

MadDog
csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Post by csfirearms »

MadDogDan wrote:Why is it hard to shoot with the stock deployed? Are you trying to use the sights? If you are that is the problem. The sights were made to use at arms length just like any other pistol. When using the stock you do not use a "high shoulder" position but rather pull it in closer to your pec muscle and "point shoot". Takes a little practice but I can bump-fire complete mags and keep all rounds center mass of a man sized target at 30'. It wasn't made for better accuracy then that while using the stock.

MadDog
Well that would be my problem then. I do love the fact I can buy a parts kit for spare parts. The parts on the gun are cheap. One thing I would like would be an ambi selector. might have to make one.

CSF
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

They're kind of ugly, but looks like a blast to shoot. Not interested in a 32. I'd use up a Christmas wish for one in 9mm though.
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons
MadDogDan
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MadDogDan »

I know of a 9mm prototype but it never made it into production as far as I know. There was a run in 380 also but most were chambered in 32

MadDog
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

I have been thinking about making one of those, I will have to bump it up higher on the list of projects to do. They offer them with a threaded barrel now too.
-GuNuT-

Post by -GuNuT- »

Looks great! I tried to google "WaffenWorx" but didn't find anything. Do you have a link to this bracket and a price?
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

-GuNuT- wrote:Looks great! I tried to google "WaffenWorx" but didn't find anything. Do you have a link to this bracket and a price?
Try Waffen Werks.
-GuNuT-

Post by -GuNuT- »

Abiqua wrote:
-GuNuT- wrote:Looks great! I tried to google "WaffenWorx" but didn't find anything. Do you have a link to this bracket and a price?
Try Waffen Werks.
Ok, thanks. Still having a little trouble locating the part.

Anyone know how CzechPoint installs their stocks? It doesn't look like the receiver is milled and I don't see an added bracket.

http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/products/ ... rpion-sbr/
Baffled
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baffled »

I think they are cool, and an ideal subject for SBR.

Since no one is really counting on NFA to defend themselves, .32 ACP is fine. If I had the necessary paperwork, I'd love to make something like this in 2/3 scale, using .25 ACP for reliability. The ROF would be insane, probably 1,800 RPM. More flavor than a FA glock, it'd be unique.
Knife_Sniper

Post by Knife_Sniper »

Waffen Werks does good work and they can install the bracket while you wait for your form 1. Once the form 1 is in buy the stock and install it yourself. Viola you have created an SBR.
o.0
-GuNuT-

Post by -GuNuT- »

My only issue with that bracket is that it puts the stock a little far away from the receiver compared to the origional. If you contact In Range who does the SBR work for Czech Point they say they use a bracket as well, but in the pics it looks like the stock is flush with the back of the receiver. ??
Knife_Sniper

Post by Knife_Sniper »

I built my SBR around the time work transferred from INRANGE to WaffenWerks. In range told me to contact WW for the conversion as they were no longer doing the work. Yes they did mention that there plate work sits more flush with the receiver than WW plate, but one of the problems i guess is that when they install that plate is it becomes hard to change the stock out. Never seeing one up close I cant verify this but however they attach it seems like it would require you to swap the whole rear assembly to change a bent or broken stock... and I have no idea how to do that. I have tried on the spare I own but cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the spring, and the pins to get it open. Right now with the plate I can easily swap stocks with any skorp parts kit ( I own one kit for spares) and they both close fine.

If you are worried that the 90 degree angle of the stock unfolded is supposed to rest on the rear of the receiver don't be so worried. On my parts kit it only rests on the receiver just barely. Most of the load is on the hinge itself.
o.0
-GuNuT-

Post by -GuNuT- »

I saw one guy online talking about how he had a local gunsmith just use screws to attach the stock strait to the receiver, skipping a bracket. Looks like you could do this fairly easily after getting rid of that little half circle piece on the left side of the stock bracket.

I may go that rout. I'm not too concerned if this method makes it more difficult to remove/replace stocks, as I doubt I would ever have to anyway.
MadDogDan
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MadDogDan »

Mine was done with the bracket made by Waffen Worx and after careful examination I don't believe it is possible to screw or bolt the stock directly to the lower receiver. The stock hinge is hollowed out and does not have enough metal for you to thread it and bolt it from the inside of the receiver (besides there are two internal gussets that are in the way). The only other option would be to drill and tap (right through the two gussets) the lower receiver (which you have to do anyway with the bracket) and then run countersunk screws from the hinge side. Unfortunately the actual stock and spring mechanism does not allow enough room to do it this way.

The real deal Scorpions have a thicker back section to the lower receiver which is dovetailed. The stock hinge just slides into the dovetail. The VZ61 pistols are made with thin back receiver plates to prevent you from milling a dovetail and installing a stock. Waffen Worx brackets mimick the receiver dovetail and are almost the same dimensions as real Scorpion receivers but just a little thicker to allow for the hinge dovetail. The thickness of the bracket is why the stock does not sit flush with the receiver.

MadDog
-GuNuT-

Post by -GuNuT- »

The thing I don't understand with czechpoint is that it appears they don't use a bracket, even though they say the do (which you can buy for $50). I just dont get it. Anyone have a close up of this setup?

coctailer

Post by coctailer »

Tag for info
Run with Scissors!!!!
www.OrtweinIntl.com
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

Nice new toy.

I've always liked that gun for some rason
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
zakk
Silent But Deadly

Post by zakk »

Ever since shooting the "klobb" on 007 for my N64 I've had a thing for these as well.
coctailer

Post by coctailer »

Are the D-Technik guns the same manufacturer as the Czechpoint?

If they are different mfg, then which would be better quality?

I see your point gunnut, there isn't a bracket in your picture.
Run with Scissors!!!!
www.OrtweinIntl.com
Knife_Sniper

Post by Knife_Sniper »

Czechpoint is the US retailer of D-Technik.

Waffen Werks is the importer.

The reason Czechpoint doesn't have a picture of the bracket in that picture is because the picture (and method of attaching the stock) predate the bracket. That picture shows the stock attached using the old method (whatever that method may be) and it has not been updated with the new bracket mounting system.

The pictures of my skorpion above are of the bracket installation. This is how they will install the folding stock now.

The dealer who used to install the stock in the old style doesn't do it anymore or so he told me.
o.0
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

I always liked the look of those but the lonely little barrels poking out are crying for a can. :)
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
-GuNuT-

Post by -GuNuT- »

Knife_Sniper wrote:Czechpoint is the US retailer of D-Technik.

Waffen Werks is the importer.

The reason Czechpoint doesn't have a picture of the bracket in that picture is because the picture (and method of attaching the stock) predate the bracket. That picture shows the stock attached using the old method (whatever that method may be) and it has not been updated with the new bracket mounting system.

The pictures of my skorpion above are of the bracket installation. This is how they will install the folding stock now.

The dealer who used to install the stock in the old style doesn't do it anymore or so he told me.
Great, thanks for the info!
xela

Post by xela »

how do you get in contact with waffen works? Their website is pretty barren......