22 LR ammo for pistol

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

22 LR ammo for pistol

Post by eastern_hunter »

Guys,

Am probably going to start the paperwork on a SIG Mosquito with a Bowers Paradigm can soon. (Dealer has limited choices available.)

Have a number of other SIG pistols for the Mosquito is a natural.

Any suggestions for reasonably accurate subsonic ammo for such a combination? Currently have a brick of CCI standard velocity shells. Suggestions as to what else is reasonably priced and worth trying would be appreciated.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Re: 22 LR ammo for pistol

Post by Chondro »

CCI standard is the absolute best stuff for sound, reliabitlity and all around for the price..My 41 with Wolf is awesome..But CCI Standard in everything else..

The Mosquito is not made by Sig..Most miserable gun ever made..even if it works your stuck with a 12 pound trigger pull that feels like you have sand in it..GSG 1911..P-22..Tons of other choices..

Go with another can too..don't limit yourself to just what is in stock..Your stuck with it for life..A rimfire can is what you'll use the most and for many is the most fun..American eagle at 20 bucks a brick sounds as good as Standard but goes supersonic out of a barrel longer than 5 inches..Thats alot of shooting for 20 bucks.. :D

Sorry hate to be so negative on both choices..I'm still in gun show mode from today and holy crap the poor life choices that are made.. :shock:
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Chondro,

When did you buy your Mosquito? Seem to be a number of poor reviews early on followed by some corrective action at SIG and much, much better reviews.

Mike
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

I got one of those camoflage ones I want to say Dec 09. My Sot had just got it in but thats not to say it wasn't sitting before it ended up at his distributor..Actually hated the color of it as well.. :lol:..The P-22's you can track back all the bad ones to the early version based on the serial, which I can't remember what the first letter was anymore. As far as the bad ones you can't trace these back to an early run..The people I've run into locally either love them or hate them. The problem I have with them is if they don't run Sig tells you to run Mini Mags..Even the book says Mini mags only. Really it comes down if they can't fix it your stuck with a pistol that doesn't work..

Not a fan of the Sigs really..But still bought a 250, 220..(and rimfire upper), 226 Elite and just got a 238..Ah they have threaded barrels (well minus the carry gun..was the point)..Still take my M&P 9mm over the 226 any day..I've had to fix problems with all of them from triggers to sights to safety concerns..The early 250's should have a factory recall (The piece I had them send me was clearly redesigned)..Possible they won't go bang if you need them to..Kind of the definition of insanity on my part..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"