Is this normal for the Ti-RANT?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

pcshooter

Is this normal for the Ti-RANT?

Post by pcshooter »

I just added the EVO-9 fixed barrel spacer to my newly acquired Ti-Rant and noticed that there's a tiny gap between the endcap and the body of the suppressor. Not much, just about the thickness of a credit card. It just doesn't want to screw all the way in the way it does when the spring is in there.

Normal?
SilentMike
Silent But Deadly

Re: Is this normal for the Ti-RANT?

Post by SilentMike »

That is perfectly normal. Given the tolerance range we work with to get a good fit in mass production, there will usually be a gap when you install the fixed barrel spacer.
Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988
pcshooter

Post by pcshooter »

Sweet, thanks!
pcshooter

Post by pcshooter »

Okay, I have another question...

When I shoot my 4" SBR without the suppressor, the point-of-impact (POI) is right on the aimpoint dot. But when I screw on my Ti-RANT the groups are about nine inches low* at the 7:00 position! The elevation on my Aimpoint T-1 is maxed out and I'm left wondering if this is normal? I've ruled out (at least I think I have) problems with the gun.

* shooting at 15 yards
brazos609
Silent But Deadly

Post by brazos609 »

A shift of 9" at 15yds would seem like alot considering how little the TiRant weighs and assuming you are talking about a fixed barrel like on an AR15 that should be very rigid. Have you checked your barrel threads and looked through the suppressor at alignment?
pcshooter

Post by pcshooter »

Well I just got back from the range and I think the mystery has been solved. The first 5-shot group hit where I expected--at the 7:00 position. I unscrewed the cap and moved the mount a few notches, screwed it back on and the rest of the shots were right on target. Happy camper.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

pcshooter wrote:Well I just got back from the range and I think the mystery has been solved. The first 5-shot group hit where I expected--at the 7:00 position. I unscrewed the cap and moved the mount a few notches, screwed it back on and the rest of the shots were right on target. Happy camper.
good to hear
Kick Ass Design
pcshooter

Post by pcshooter »

I have yet ANOTHER question.

This doesn't really fall into the "Is this normal?" category, but asking here seemed as good as anywhere else.

Regarding the fixed barrel spacer. I've noticed that one side of the spacer--the side that comes in contact with the teeth of the piston--is getting so beat up that I can barely remove it from the endcap. And forget about putting it back in with the battered side down and the "fresh" side up...that sucker is NOT going in.

My question is, "Is this (the choice to use soft metal for the spacer) a deliberate design?" It seems that the beating it is taking is not evenly spread out and that the contact area of the three pieces (the spacer, the piston and the suppressor body) is becoming increasingly inconsistent. Is there a reason why you didn't choose to have the spacer made out of titanium or some other super-hard material?
pcshooter

Post by pcshooter »

Here's a pic to illustrate what I'm talking about:

SilentMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by SilentMike »

I've never seen one look like that. It looks like the rear cap came loose and the spacer got "jackhammered".

Send the spacer to us with a note and we'll get another one out to you.
Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

SilentMike wrote:I've never seen one look like that. It looks like the rear cap came loose and the spacer got "jackhammered".

The engineer hath spoken.
Kick Ass Design
pcshooter

Post by pcshooter »

SilentMike wrote:I've never seen one look like that. It looks like the rear cap came loose and the spacer got "jackhammered".

Thanks, will do. Here's a pic of the offending weapon (which I think SilentMike has seen before)
It's a great can btw...it gets a lot of attention wherever I go
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

pcshooter wrote:...
Pardon my french, but holy s--t, that looks cool. Nice work.
Kick Ass Design