New GemTech .45 Blackside

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Eagle-101

New GemTech .45 Blackside

Post by Eagle-101 »

Hello,

I just purchased a GemTech .45 Blackside for my 1911. I am awaiting my paperwork now. What can I expect in terms of performance (sound suppression, functionality, etc.)?

Eagle-101
God Bless Texas!
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Re: New GemTech .45 Blackside

Post by yamatitan »

Wrong forum but the blackside performance is pretty crappy. Do a search im sorry to break the bad news to you.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Eagle-101 wrote:Hello,

I just purchased a GemTech .45 Blackside for my 1911. I am awaiting my paperwork now. What can I expect in terms of performance (sound suppression, functionality, etc.)?

Eagle-101
God Bless Texas!

I'm not sure if you are asking to compare it to an AAC product, or if you dropped this into the wrong section.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Loud, very loud.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
Bugzy
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bugzy »

Eagle-101
God Bless Texas!
142.371db dry- ? wet
Last edited by Bugzy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Bugzy wrote:

Eagle-101
God Bless Texas!
155db dry-155 wet
I hope you're joking, that' terrible compared to the current industry leaders (such as the AAC TiRant).
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

Bugzy wrote:

Eagle-101
God Bless Texas!
155db dry-155 wet

It's considerably higher than the current competition, but not that high... more like 145ish dry. Still, not capable of competing with a tirant or osprey
Don't be an internet tough guy...
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Bugzy wrote:

Eagle-101
God Bless Texas!
155db dry-155 wet

I hate it when someone asks a real question,, and some fucking douche posts a bunch of BS as fact.

Eagle101,, check out NFATalk.com they have free testing results. and several .45 cans are on there, including the Blackside.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Bugzy
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bugzy »

Corrected myself and I wasn't trying to be a doucheldorf. I miss read the results at NFATALK. I intended to post 145 to round up.

Hey Eagle-101, there is a relatively comprehensive list of test result here :http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=716

Good luck and enjoy. :D
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Bugzy wrote:Corrected myself and I wasn't trying to be a doucheldorf. I miss read the results at NFATALK. I intended to post 145 to round up.

Hey Eagle-101, there is a relatively comprehensive list of test result here :http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=716

Good luck and enjoy. :D
Alrighty, I apologize then, I mistook your post for something belligerent. 8)
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

I just feel bad for people who come here after the fact to find out they got a less than average performance silencer. OR one that has known issues.

Many Dealers will sell you poor performing silencers for different reasons

1) to get rid of old inventory
2) profit margin on that silencer
3) ignorance, they just don't know their s--t and are WRONG
4) brand loyalty... Some of the line might be excellent but that one silencer is not.
5) have old incomplete data and do not know the new better choices that are available.

It's much better to ask FIRST then make your choice.. But keep in mind your dealer may still pressure you to get something other than what you want or is sub par for the reasons above.

This is a prime example.. The things that make the backslide a good choice may be better performed by a newer silencer.. (like a Thompson Machine 45)

Sure a backslide is compact light etc but now there are better choices for what the Backslide had to offer.

The Backslide has pros... but others may have the same pros and more but w/o some of the "cons."

Even if some silencers were FREE I would not pay the $200 for the stamp.

Like with in the Seinfield episodes "sponge worthy" ... Some silencers are not even "Stamp Worthy"
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!