KAC T1 Battery Cover - Help Needed

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

Jon Consiglio

KAC T1 Battery Cover - Help Needed

Post by Jon Consiglio »

Hey guys,

Well, I guess I should introduce myself since this is my first post here though I look through the site quite a bit. My name is Jonathan, I'm currently living in Corpus Christi, Tx and I'm a regular on a couple other forums including M4carbine.net. under the same username. I've been shooting most of my life. I own a photography studio (I'm in the process of leaving the business), studying Criminal Justice, shoot competition and take as many classes as I can. I also do some training on the side and have done some small protection work.

I absolutely love my KAC SR15's. I have other ARs as well, but the KAC's are by far my first choice. I'll soon have an SR15 CQB when the configuration I want is available and will have an EMC sometime in the next few months most likely.

Since the KAC-aid is so good, I decided to buy the T1 battery cover. After I got it, I found out it was also functional, go figure.. Anyway, I got it in last week and put it on my newer T1 that i just got to go on my newer SR15. It's one of the newer ones with the smaller logo. Last night I was at the range and I noticed my dot disappear. I fooled with it a bit and when I pulled on the cap, it came back on. As soon as I let go, it was off again. When I took the KAC cover off, it was fine and I couldn't do anything to make it go off. Put the KAC cover back on and the dot was gone again. I'm confident it's the cap since I fooled with it for quite a bit.

I'm NOT complaining here at all. I just decided to post this here first since I didn't want to bother anyone at KAC over something this small if there's an easy fix I can do. I'd really like to get this thing working properly since it not only looks good, but I really like the knurling of the knob now too.

Anything anyone can offer in the way of help would be greatly appreciated. I'm glad to have a place like this to come and ask questions.

Jonathan
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: KAC T1 Battery Cover - Help Needed

Post by 66427vette »

You know it is suppose to hold 2 batteries right .Back to back to take up space. Nothing is wrong with it . Search and google are your friends. :D
Jon Consiglio

Post by Jon Consiglio »

You know, that search and google thing is one of my favorite lines and here it's used on me! Thanks for the reply and believe me, I've searched all over before posting this.

Is it supposed to hold a second battery, or is it just an option? I've seen it mentioned that it can hold a second battery.

Thanks again,

Jonathan
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

The second battery makes every thing stay "tight" . You need to put the batteries opposite each other. Polarity wise .
Jon Consiglio

Post by Jon Consiglio »

Ok. So, + side to + side... Mine was already very tight. I had to use my index finger and thumb on both hands to get it tight or loosen it. Now, with the second batter and the rubber ring still in place, it tightens to almost the same place. Instead of being straight up at the 8 position, it's now straight up between the 9 and 10. I imagine it's one full rotation off from before though.

So, and I really hope this doesn't come across as a dumb question, is it still water proof with the second battery (if it's a full rotation off of where it was before)? I really appreciate the help. It seems to be fine now with the second battery, but I'll have to run it tonight or tomorrow to see for sure.
mtdawg169
Silent But Deadly

Post by mtdawg169 »

A little grease on the threads goes a long way in making it easier to screw on & off. The anodization is heavy and can make it a little tough to turn when new.
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

I had the same problem when I first ran it.. I thought the rubber O ring would keep it tight.. but I was wrong. My friend gave me his spare battery and I finished the match. Haven't notice any problems since. I wrap my 2nd battery up with saran wrap just to make sure it has no electrical contact.
Jon Consiglio

Post by Jon Consiglio »

Thanks a lot, guys. I really appreciate the advice and I would never have thought to use the second battery, even after all the searching I've done. I actually starting to think that maybe the rubber ring was putting too much pressure on the battery since when I backed it off, it would come back on. Sounds wrong now, but I just wasn't sure what was going on.

Thanks again!

Jonathan