Red Jacket Silencers

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Cooper
Silent Operator

Red Jacket Silencers

Post by Cooper »

In Baton Rouge, LA there is a shop called Red Jacket that makes silencers and custom weapons (as seen on History channel). Has anyone used any of their silencers? If so, which ones and are they up to par with some of the industry leaders? I am thinking about getting one of their .22 cans.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Red Jacket Silencers

Post by yamatitan »

Cooper wrote:In Baton Rouge, LA there is a shop called Red Jacket that makes silencers and custom weapons (as seen on History channel). Has anyone used any of their silencers? If so, which ones and are they up to par with some of the industry leaders? I am thinking about getting one of their .22 cans.
Built like a tank, very heavy duty but louder than most.
jimmym40a2
Elite Member

Post by jimmym40a2 »

Seeing their testing nethods I can see why.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZJ_C4LwzA
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

I was in the same car as one being fired out the window on an op recently and I couldn't hear anything being fired, and didn't know that my boy was even firing until I saw all the brass in the passenger floor. They're amazing to say the least, much quieter than anything by AAC or even Gemtech which is an almost impossible bar to reach.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

jurist wrote:I was in the same car as one being fired out the window on an op recently and I couldn't hear anything being fired, and didn't know that my boy was even firing until I saw all the brass in the passenger floor. They're amazing to say the least, much quieter than anything by AAC or even Gemtech which is an almost impossible bar to reach.
I think I would have to see this in person.

MUCH quieter, I do not believe.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

jurist wrote:I was in the same car as one being fired out the window on an op recently and I couldn't hear anything being fired, and didn't know that my boy was even firing until I saw all the brass in the passenger floor. They're amazing to say the least, much quieter than anything by AAC or even Gemtech which is an almost impossible bar to reach.
Im calling BS
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

jurist wrote:...They're amazing to say the least, much quieter than anything by AAC or even Gemtech which is an almost impossible bar to reach.
Pretty strong talk there pilgrim. Was the radio on... and cranked way up?

Really find this hard to believe, but again, I wasn't there.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

Untill 1928A1 test them on his site I wouldn't beleave any companies claims, much less personal opinion.
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

no doubt!
Kick Ass Design
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

continuity wrote:
jurist wrote:...They're amazing to say the least, much quieter than anything by AAC or even Gemtech which is an almost impossible bar to reach.

I knew a girl one time that could go balls deep. Funny thing is when she was in that position she couldn't HEAR a thing.
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

JasonAAC wrote:
no doubt!
Exactly! ;) Someone caught the joke.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
schirmer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by schirmer »

I hope you still keep in contact with her, she sounds like a lot of fun.
sgt.smith

Post by sgt.smith »

Sergeant
1989-1997 U.S. Army
2009 - Present Georgia State Defense Force
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Sgt Smith, thank you for your service to our wonderful land.

I particularly commend you on your succinct and to-the-point Ideogram.

Regarding the quotation " ... on an op recently and I couldn't hear anything being fired".

Of course I can believe it. Something similar happened long ago to me after the first .44 mag round went off near me
in a warehouse situation.

As I told my Polish pal after the debrief with my ears still ringing " damnation if you
have not invented a Polish silencer as a companion to your Universal Polish Portable Darkroom where
you safely develop your films by closing your eyes." :) :)
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

I tested a Red Jacket 450 Bushmaster silencer in Texas. It registered over 150dB. I told the guy to call the company and demand his money back. IMHO it didn't qualify as a silencer, but seeing them using a common karakoe microphone for testing, I understand quite a bit more about that company.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

There's no call for bashing Japanese microphone technology. Seriously have you heard drunk people sing? The less sound that gets through the microphone the better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
BigDave@SMDW,LLC
Silent But Deadly

Post by BigDave@SMDW,LLC »

doubloon wrote:There's no call for bashing Japanese microphone technology. Seriously have you heard drunk people sing? The less sound that gets through the microphone the better.

+1
http://www.libertycans.net

Dean of "LSU" Liberty Suppressors Underground
Blaster7Romeo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaster7Romeo »

mcinfantry wrote:
continuity wrote:

I knew a girl one time that could go balls deep. Funny thing is when she was in that position she couldn't HEAR a thing.
Dose she have a sister? :wink:
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member2935.png[/img][/url]
Beretta Steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by Beretta Steel »

I dont know how much that show hurts or helps them, being that 90% of people watching probably think their testing methods are up to standard, they probably do pretty well. There is a sucker born every minute. I about fell off my chair when he broke out the $19.95 microphone that came with my daughters Barbie computer to do sound readings.
Last edited by Beretta Steel on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

Beretta Steel wrote:I dont know how much that show hurts or helps them, being that 90% of people watching probably think their testing methods are up to standard, they probably do pretty well. There is a sucker born every minute. I about fell off my chair when he broke out the $19.95 microphone that came with my daughters Barbie computer to do sound readings.

Why didnt that channel book a company that doesnt make gun nuts look like idiots.
Because other companies are too busy making products? I can't imagine AAC doing this, I'm sure Kevin would love the publicity but it would just be too much of a distraction.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Ctaylor wrote:
Beretta Steel wrote:I dont know how much that show hurts or helps them, being that 90% of people watching probably think their testing methods are up to standard, they probably do pretty well. There is a sucker born every minute. I about fell off my chair when he broke out the $19.95 microphone that came with my daughters Barbie computer to do sound readings.

Why didnt that channel book a company that doesnt make gun nuts look like idiots.
Because other companies are too busy making products? I can't imagine AAC doing this, I'm sure Kevin would love the publicity but it would just be too much of a distraction.
Oh we could do a show, but with our language and parties, it'd have to be on HBO. ;)
Kick Ass Design
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

I just like the part where the 20ish year old "gunsmith" who couldnt put sling swivels on, proclaimed himself one of the best in the country. He is awesome.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Beretta Steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by Beretta Steel »

JasonAAC wrote: Oh we could do a show, but with our language and parties, it'd have to be on HBO. ;)
I think you may be on to something here. Anyone remember the short lived very boring show on Showtime about the gun store. This could really be something. Call Agent Ari gold.
Smilodon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smilodon »

JasonAAC wrote:
Ctaylor wrote:

Oh we could do a show, but with our language and parties, it'd have to be on HBO. ;)
I'd add HBO to my package if you did!!!! :lol:
www.sabrewerks.com
[email protected]
sha71

Post by sha71 »

Why does anybody watch this show? Sweaty fat, overly tattooed douchbags. I rather sit down with my old man and watch his Charles Bronson stuff. I look at my husbands Barrett and my NOVESKE and can't understand why people buy from these project shops. My husband skips through for the "eye candy" :lol: he thinks I don't notice.
M4-2000
OSPREY 9
Ti RANT
SPARROW
TREK (COMING)
SANDSTORM (COMING)

Husband has many many more than me.