Americans and their civic ignorance

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

zeezee
Silent But Deadly

Americans and their civic ignorance

Post by zeezee »

"Big surprise here; a poll conducted by Newsweek revealed that 38 percent of Americans would fail the U.S. Citizenship Test. Yes many of us have laughed at the expense of the ignorant when we watch Jay Leno hit the streets and ask citizens basic questions about our country, government, and history and the people are completely clueless. It makes for good comedy but in the end it’s extremely sad. Newsweek polled 1,000 U.S. citizens asking questions from our official citizenship test and a whopping 73 percent didn’t know why we fought the cold war. Worse yet 40 percent weren’t even able to define the Bill of Rights. Are you kidding me?"

http://www.sentryjournal.com/2011/03/21 ... ignorance/
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams
bakerjw
Elite Member

Re: Americans and their civic ignorance

Post by bakerjw »

It is plain and simple.
People are stupid.

Then again a senator recently said that the three branches of government were the president, the house, and the senate. Or the guy concerned about Guam flipping over if we put too many troops on it.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
sduz1
Silent But Deadly

Post by sduz1 »

plus they can't drive a stick shift
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

How can this be? Most all of them went to government schools. Must need to throw more money at them.
"I'm not afraid of dying. I's HOW I die that I'm concerned about." - Crosshair

"Beware the man with one gun. He probably doesn't know how to use it."