Trident and MP5K-N

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

SturmGrenadier
Senior Silent Operator

Trident and MP5K-N

Post by SturmGrenadier »

I received my SP89 that was converted into a MP5K-N using a 3 lug Urbach barrel.

Could wait to mount my Trident on the K but when I tried it wouldn't mount due to the adapter hitting the cocking tube end cap.

If I remove the end cap the Trident mounts just fine. If it is left on the 3 lug adapter hits the end cap just prior to being pushed back far enough to lock.

Has this been an issue with any other K owners?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Trident and MP5K-N

Post by Bendersquint »

SturmGrenadier wrote:I received my SP89 that was converted into a MP5K-N using a 3 lug Urbach barrel.

Could wait to mount my Trident on the K but when I tried it wouldn't mount due to the adapter hitting the cocking tube end cap.

If I remove the end cap the Trident mounts just fine. If it is left on the 3 lug adapter hits the end cap just prior to being pushed back far enough to lock.

Has this been an issue with any other K owners?
The end cap needs a slight bevel to it, at the beach today but when I get home I can post a pic of mine. It does that on the fullsize MP5 as well.

I have never seen a 3lug adapter that didn't do that, just take a dremel and put a bevel on the endcap where the contact it, then use some perma blue or something to darken it. If you screw it up the replacement endcap is like 10 bucks!

The aluminum endcap doesn't have this problem the ones I know that have issues are the steel caps with the ring cut into the facing.

No big deal really.

-B
SturmGrenadier
Senior Silent Operator

Post by SturmGrenadier »

Thank you bender....this is soothing news.

Sounds like I need to get a aluminum end cap.
snipersubsonic
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipersubsonic »

my CA89K PDW (clone) with three lug fits my gemtech MK9K perfectly without hitting the cap...
Jeremy
SturmGrenadier
Senior Silent Operator

Post by SturmGrenadier »

The alloy end cap is only $5 from Robert at RTG so I ordered 2.
fstbk65
Silent But Deadly

Post by fstbk65 »

I filed a bevel on mine to clear. No biggie. Enjoy the combo. It's probably my favorite to shoot!