Anyone able to help organise a scope purchase?

Tactical gear.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Johnson
Silent Operator

Post by Johnson »

Renegade,

what a laugh.
Everyone understands the law but me?

Ok - SHOW ME PLEASE. one caveat, don't give me your opinion, don't link me to international arms trafficking legislation that isn't used in domestic export.

So again... it fails to meet the criteria for all;
ITAR
Department of Export
EAR
Department of State Directorate of Defence Trade Controls
Department of State
and U.S. Department of Commerce
and this excerpt from below
http://www.bis.doc.gov/news/2002/sturm_ruger.htm
"A license is required to export the rifle scopes to most destinations in order to ensure that the scopes will not be used to violate human rights."

I have looked at a lot of US government websites - and private ones trying to sort this out.

IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN DO?

I ASKED FOR HELP - AND THEN WHEN CHALLENGED I ASKED FOR PEOPLE TO SHOW ME IF I WAS WRONG.....

All that came back was an argument about how you read legislation based on a personal opinion....

"A license is required to export the rifle scopes to most destinations in order to ensure that the scopes will not be used to violate human rights."

1. MY DESTINATION DOESN'T FIT INTO ANY USA RESTRICTED LIST.
2. this is from the US government site above....

Cry all you like about semantics, the fact is you want to read a narrow interpretation which isn't what occurs IRL or every single scope would be a restricted export from the US ... which they are not as is clearly evidenced from the government link above.

Seriously ... just delete this thread ...
Was Lee painted red to annoy the Dillon Bull(y)?
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Johnson wrote:
1. MY DESTINATION DOESN'T FIT INTO ANY USA RESTRICTED LIST.
2. this is from the US government site above....
Which US government site? Show me where it says you can export Munitions to AUS without an export license.

BTW, we are not being pricks. The Govt is serious about this s--t.

Here is a guy who merely tried to buy batteries and is locked up. He never did buy them, just the thought crime of where he might send them to:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070201/ts_ ... eries_dc_1

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) - U.S. immigration agents have charged an Oregon businessman with trying to buy batteries used in U.S.-built hawk surface-to-air missiles for shipment to Iran, court documents showed on Thursday
Cortland

Post by Cortland »

Nobody has ever claimed that you can't export riflescopes from the U.S., only that you need a license from the State Department to do so (maybe for all riflescopes, but definitely for the Super Sniper). This is why no retailers seem to want to export riflescopes; they don't want to hassle with getting the license.

I realize that breaking the law is a cherished part of your national heritage, but I don't know why you're so hostile when confronted with the facts. What exactly do you want from us, anyway?
Johnson
Silent Operator

Post by Johnson »

Renegade you know - export of Missile batteries to IRAN? LOL.... you may as well point to the international arms trafficking legislation that Cortland did. - IRAN is clearly on the restricted lists found on the US Government websites I mentioned.

As for you cortland ... saying that "that breaking the law is a cherished part of your national heritage"

it is just begging for me to point out what the rest of the world thinks of most Americans... not to mention the lawlessness your country perpetrates every day under false enforcement of UN resolution 1441.

or how about the violation of rights in Guantanamo?
Oh thats right - its not on US soil so your international obligations apparently don't apply....

Yeah say what you like, you believe your own hype and lies anyway .. I am done with this useless waste of time.

Flame away go on ... flame flame flame.
Was Lee painted red to annoy the Dillon Bull(y)?
Cortland

Post by Cortland »

it is just begging for me to point out what the rest of the world thinks of most Americans... not to mention the lawlessness your country perpetrates every day under false enforcement of UN resolution 1441.

or how about the violation of rights in Guantanamo?
Oh thats right - its not on US soil so your international obligations apparently don't apply....
Awesome. I knew you had it in you. I feel *exactly* like Emperor Palpatine right now. Your disregard for US law has clearly been driven by your contempt for America itself.

Good luck with that scope, bro. It's been real.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Johnson wrote:Renegade you know - export of Missile batteries to IRAN? LOL.... you may as well point to the international arms trafficking legislation that Cortland did. - IRAN is clearly on the restricted lists found on the US Government websites I mentioned.
Batteries as in the Energizer Bunny kind.