Suppressed Armaments System 223 Sentinel

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

rick983
Silent Operator

Suppressed Armaments System 223 Sentinel

Post by rick983 »

I bought one of these titanium cans several months ago and am still waiting for the ATFE to clear the paperwork from the maker to my dealer! So if I'm lucky, I might be able to shoot this in September. Anyhow, has anybody had any experience with these Sentinel's in real world situations. all I got to do was watch a video of one and it seemed pretty quiet. Thanks.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Suppressed Armaments System 223 Sentinel

Post by Bendersquint »

rick983 wrote:I bought one of these titanium cans several months ago and am still waiting for the ATFE to clear the paperwork from the maker to my dealer! So if I'm lucky, I might be able to shoot this in September. Anyhow, has anybody had any experience with these Sentinel's in real world situations. all I got to do was watch a video of one and it seemed pretty quiet. Thanks.
I shot one a couple years ago and personally I would rather shoot an old M4100, not all they cracked up to be AT ALL! Videos are deceiving and NEVER a good judge on how quiet things really are...... they can make some cans quieter and some cans louder than they are in real life.

Why is your Form3 taking months to clear?

-B
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Form 3's have been running 3-4 weeks recently
Kick Ass Design
rick983
Silent Operator

Post by rick983 »

According to my dealer, Suppressed Armaments told him they have a couple of dozen of form 3's that have been out for 8+ weeks. Whay does the ATFE have to approve anything? Both the manufacturer and dealer are registered. Approval should be instant! Damn the bureaucrats!!!
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

rick983 wrote:Damn the bureaucrats!!!
Agreed!
Kick Ass Design
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

rick983 wrote:According to my dealer, Suppressed Armaments told him they have a couple of dozen of form 3's that have been out for 8+ weeks. Whay does the ATFE have to approve anything? Both the manufacturer and dealer are registered. Approval should be instant! Damn the bureaucrats!!!
All about the chain of custody. They are making sure that both sides of the Form3 are able to conduct tax free transfers. I tried to submit a F3 to a dealer that surrendered his SOT but didn't tell me, this stopped the transfer as I had no way of knowing that he wasn't able to handle that stuff anymore, his SOT appeared to be valid.

Regardless, they should have some means of knocking those things out overnight or automating it somehow!

-B
Walker Precision
Elite Member

Post by Walker Precision »

Comparing the F3 approval date vs. the actual ship date for the suppressor can be interesting too. No doubt ATF is slow, but frequently they get blamed for product that is incomplete and not ready to ship.
Chris
Walker Precision
FFL/SOT
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Walker Precision wrote:Comparing the F3 approval date vs. the actual ship date for the suppressor can be interesting too. No doubt ATF is slow, but frequently they get blamed for product that is incomplete and not ready to ship.
Very common occurence with this company in particular. I had an approved Form3 from them several years ago and it didn't ship for almost 3 months after it was approved. Even though i was told it was ready to ship.

Can't trust a company that says its ready to go then makes it months after the F3 is approved.

Will never do business with them again, I learned my lesson, and there are many manufacturers out there with a better product as well.

-B
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

There are delays and blame all around. We often get blamed by dealers when they take weeks to place a customer's order with us.
Kick Ass Design
rick983
Silent Operator

Post by rick983 »

In this case, Tim at Suppressed Armamment told me he had one in stock and my dealer verified seeing it. All three of us are in the same town.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

rick983 wrote:In this case, Tim at Suppressed Armamment told me he had one in stock and my dealer verified seeing it. All three of us are in the same town.
If you are all in the same town then why are you not just Form 4'ng it from SAS?

Why go the extra step?

Seems like a good way to bog down the already slow ATF transfer system. What a waste.

-B
rick983
Silent Operator

Post by rick983 »

Bendersquint writes If you are all in the same town then why are you not just Form 4'ng it from SAS?

Why go the extra step?
Answer: My dealer is my friend who gave me a great discount. SAS wants full retail. Nuff said?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

rick983 wrote:Bendersquint writes If you are all in the same town then why are you not just Form 4'ng it from SAS?

Why go the extra step?
Answer: My dealer is my friend who gave me a great discount. SAS wants full retail. Nuff said?
Perfect! Knew it had to be some reason.

-B
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

rick983 wrote:Bendersquint writes If you are all in the same town then why are you not just Form 4'ng it from SAS?

Why go the extra step?
Nice to have friends!
Kick Ass Design
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Bendersquint wrote: I shot one a couple years ago and personally I would rather shoot an old M4100, not all they cracked up to be AT ALL! Videos are deceiving and NEVER a good judge on how quiet things really are...... they can make some cans quieter and some cans louder than they are in real life.
I would say this about EVERY 223 can I've ever heard. It's just not a round I'll ever shoot without hearing protection. As far as I'm concerned now, in a 223 can, sound reduction absolutely does not come first! It's weight, durability, attachment method, then sound.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

este wrote:
Bendersquint wrote: I shot one a couple years ago and personally I would rather shoot an old M4100, not all they cracked up to be AT ALL! Videos are deceiving and NEVER a good judge on how quiet things really are...... they can make some cans quieter and some cans louder than they are in real life.
I would say this about EVERY 223 can I've ever heard. It's just not a round I'll ever shoot without hearing protection. As far as I'm concerned now, in a 223 can, sound reduction absolutely does not come first! It's weight, durability, attachment method, then sound.
Nah man, I will shoot ALL DAY LONG with my M42K or SPECWAR2. The SAS cans suck in my opinion, and would never pay money for one.

-B
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Bendersquint wrote:Nah man, I will shoot ALL DAY LONG with my M42K
My hearing must be better than yours because I did that this weekend. And will not be doing that again. The round is too fucking loud in an AR. If it was a bolt gun, maybe, but never again without plugs at least in an AR.
amatac
Silent But Deadly

Post by amatac »

The Form 3 process is bullshit. It should be just like a Form 2. Send the freaking thing in and when the bureaucrat gets time, they process it. That would create a problem for Form 4s. The fact is that the government spends more fucking money every day then they make every year. The NFA branch actually makes money, but do you think that they would hire some more folks to process paper? Hell no, they would rather rob the NFA's account and give the money to some crack whore with 10 kids soaking social welfare. They are taking in over $9million this year, and when I file another FOIA in October, I'd be willing to bet a paycheck that they take in more than $12million in FY 11. Here is a link to the last FOIA I filed. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69186. What would it take to fix this problem??? I think more than an act of our gutless congress.
There is no hunting like the hunting of man...
FFL/SOT
silencedamerica.com