Anyone using a Ti-Rant/Evo-9/ect.. on a 228 with a Sig bbl?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

ANGST

Anyone using a Ti-Rant/Evo-9/ect.. on a 228 with a Sig bbl?

Post by ANGST »

I got the 228/229 Sig factory barrel from top gun supply. It seems like in my 228 the guide rod may hit the can ... does it clear it on recoil ? Is this an issue ?

I know I am being over paranoid :shock:
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Anyone using a Ti-Rant/Evo-9/ect.. on a 228 with a Sig b

Post by Bendersquint »

ANGST wrote:I got the 228/229 Sig factory barrel from top gun supply. It seems like in my 228 the guide rod may hit the can ... does it clear it on recoil ? Is this an issue ?

There should be enough extension of the piston to not come close enough to the guide rod to have an issue. I thought the same about my Trident and my 226 but teh added length the piston gave was enough to clear.

I am going to say that you will be fine since AAC is a reputable company and wouldn't have put out a product that didn't work on everything and if it didn't work for whatever reason they would have put a disclaimer out for it.

Go for it, just dry cycle it and watch the can and see if there is contact, I doubt it.

-B
ANGST

Post by ANGST »

Bendersquint wrote:
ANGST wrote:I got the 228/229 Sig factory barrel from top gun supply. It seems like in my 228 the guide rod may hit the can ... does it clear it on recoil ? Is this an issue ?

There should be enough extension of the piston to not come close enough to the guide rod to have an issue. I thought the same about my Trident and my 226 but teh added length the piston gave was enough to clear.

I am going to say that you will be fine since AAC is a reputable company and wouldn't have put out a product that didn't work on everything and if it didn't work for whatever reason they would have put a disclaimer out for it.

Go for it, just dry cycle it and watch the can and see if there is contact, I doubt it.

-B

Thanks, I am in wait mode on the can.... very early in the wait mode :P
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

ANGST wrote: Thanks, I am in wait mode on the can.... very early in the wait mode :P
I am sure your dealer will allow a supervised visit just to see how it fits. i honestly don't see an issue with it.

-B
ANGST

Post by ANGST »

Bendersquint wrote:
ANGST wrote: Thanks, I am in wait mode on the can.... very early in the wait mode :P
I am sure your dealer will allow a supervised visit just to see how it fits. i honestly don't see an issue with it.

-B
I also need the 13.5MMx1 LH piston 8)

Once my Form 4 is on the way to the ATF I will ask him about getting it swapped with AAC ... or heck I may just break down and buy it since I will eventually get a 1/2 x 28 Glock barrel most likely at some point
Arkady
Silent But Deadly

Post by Arkady »

Not an AAC can, but my Tundra runs flawlessly on my P228 with a Sig factory 13.5L barrel.
IB Slingin
Silent Operator

Post by IB Slingin »

I have a TiRant on my Sig P228 and Sig factory barrel. No problems what so ever.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

We can switch the piston out for you no cost if it is un-fired.

Also, the piston adds the last maybe 1/2" behind the can that allows it to clear the guide rod and frame. You are good to go!
Kick Ass Design
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

JasonAAC wrote: the piston adds the last maybe 1/2" behind the can that allows it to clear the guide rod and frame
This is what I was describing but failed to find the right words.

-B