Suppressed Glock 17/19/20/23 holster

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

FrankSPPD

Suppressed Glock 17/19/20/23 holster

Post by FrankSPPD »

If you are using a suppressed Glock 17, 19, 20 or 23, you should be looking at the new Crye GUNCLIP holster. It is all polymer in black or tan, with belt or MOLLE retention.

I have been playing with one, and although I hate Glocks, the guys at work have been using it with a Glock 19 with Military suppressor and Surefire X300 light.

I will post a pic ASAP.

Best $55 you can spend if you have a suppressed Glock or want the very latest.

I do not work for or sell Crye Precision products.

If you do not believe me, GOOGLE is your friend. :D
SimonJ

Re: Suppressed Glock 17/19/20/23 holster

Post by SimonJ »

Might not be practical if running concealed, but looks feasable for field use.
FrankSPPD

Post by FrankSPPD »

Definitely would not use a suppressed mounted Glock concealed unless it was in one of the Army Custom pivoting shoulder holsters that a Special Army unit was testing awhile back with a SWR suppressor.

I would only use the Crye Glock holster on the belt with light mounted and not with suppressor attached in concealed carry. The snap latch allows proper secondary retension for security, and since it rotates on an axis, you can adjust it to cross draw or for when in confined spaces like seated in a car.

I see it as a novel approach to a design request by Crye's Special Ops customers for a special Glock holster.

When I was in the Navy, we used Bill Roger's breakfront kydex holsters to carry H&K P7's during an early testing protocol, but the Beretta pistol was accepted instead of the P7M8. This Crye holster reminds me of that time.

Now if they started cranking out the holster for the H&K 45C.......I think I would be much happier, but I am not a Navy SEAL.....so I would just have to wait.

Pictures to follow. :wink:

Hoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hoop »

So, if the snap pops open, what keeps the pistol from falling out?
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

www.hooperordnance.com
FrankSPPD

Post by FrankSPPD »

The snap acts as a form of secondary security. The Glock is held into the holster by surface tension of the top and bottom of the "U" shapes holster body.

The snap has to be deliberately unsnapped to open. This doesn't take into account wear and tear over time or idot pistol handlers who try to insert the pistol into the holster incorrectly.