NFA Paper Work Sent!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jcorbett1979

NFA Paper Work Sent!

Post by jcorbett1979 »

Hello guys. This is my first post and I have been learning sooo much here. Thank you all for sharing! I just made my first NFA purchase. I bought a Tac 65 because a gun dealer talked me into this can. After reading here I think I might have messed up, but oh well it is already done. Now I need to decide which host to purchase. I am going between the Ruger 22 45 or Walther P22. The guy at the gun shop is trying to talk me into an ISSC, but I keep reading bad reviews. Any help from you guys would be great! Well I have just sent everything off so now its time to wait! Thanks again guys!

Josh
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Re: NFA Paper Work Sent!

Post by rat_dogratty »

I prefer the Ruger. Mk II or III preferably, but the 22/45 if you wish. I've shot the walther and I was impressed, but I've grown up on the rugers, and they are some of the best .22 pistols made. Accurate, great aftermarket support, etc.
wragarand
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wragarand »

Sounds to me like you need to find another dealer, one who will actually recommend something other than an inferior product.
FB3
Silent But Deadly

Post by FB3 »

Welcome to the waiting club! It is difficult starting out in this field. So much to learn.

I am a little further down the road than you, but still learning a lot. I have four .22 pistol hosts now - a Browning Buckmark with a Tacsol barrel, a Ruger 22/45, a Walther P22, and a GSG .22 1911.

My favorite is the GSG. Very accurate and quiet with my Element. Next would be the Ruger and Browning, pretty much tied. The P22 is OK, but just not up to the others.

I am sure that you will get at least several more suppressors, so continue your research and as noted above, find another dealer.