Federal Flite Control (LE132) & Truball (LEB127) Accuracy Te

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

C4iGrant
Industry Professional

Federal Flite Control (LE132) & Truball (LEB127) Accuracy Te

Post by C4iGrant »

Did some accuracy testing today with my Benelli M4 (18.5" barrel) Federal LE 9 Pellet 00 Buck FliteControl (LE132) & Federal LE Truball Rifled HP slug (LEB127).

Test one:

LE132 FliteControl @ 25yds

Test two:

LEB127 Truball @ 100yds

Thoughts on the test. In test one, the ability to keep 6 pellets in a 9" circle at 25yds is fantastic. In fact, if my gun was zeroed a little better, I would have kept 6 pellets in a 5" circle! I would have no concerns with taking a shot at a bad guy with people standing right next to them. For comparison sake, I shot some Winchester Military 9 pellet 00 buck and there were rounds off the target.

I also shot some of the LE132 at an IDPA steel target that was well over 100yds out. I put multiple pellets on the target every time.

In test two, the spread between slugs was about 10 inches. I am confident that with a red dot or a 4x scope that I could shoot 2-3 inch groups at 100yds! :eek:

The Federal FliteControl and Truball ammo really change the game for the SG IMHO (making it a much more accurate weapon at greater distances).

C4
G&R Tactical, LLC
http://www.GRTactical.com
[email protected]
1-888-9GR-GUNS
VSM Regional Instructor
Boltgun

Re: Federal Flite Control (LE132) & Truball (LEB127) Accurac

Post by Boltgun »

We have been using the Federal Flitecontrol wad 00B since 2005. excellent round - performs like a slug within 15-20 feet too. I recently found out (a year ago) that they got the wad from Hornady...Hornady makes a similar loading also.

Boltgun
1*
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Re: Federal Flite Control (LE132) & Truball (LEB127) Accurac

Post by hedonistic »

The wads do not come from hornaday but they are the same. Some guy here in Utah invented the wad, federal licensed it first and trademarked their own name. Part of the licensing agreement is that hornaday can not advertise with or show an image of the wad on packaging. The 8 pellet loads shoot a little tighter due to the way they are stacked. I wish that hornadays superformance load was buffered and plated like federals; 1600 fps vs 1100 is nearly double the energy! Soon I will see how different the patterns are.
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.