Photo request.

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

ranb
Silent But Deadly

Photo request.

Post by ranb »

A reporter called me regarding the new silencer law that is to go into effect in July. One her requests was for a photo of a person using a suppressed firearm. I want to supply the reporter with a photo of a woman using a bolt action or single shot rifle with a detachable silencer. I looked on the internet but all I found was nudes, bikinis, cammies, machine guns, semi-auto, sexy poses etc.

I just need a picture of an ordinary woman shooting a rifle with a silencer. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
hairy78
Silent But Deadly

Re: Photo request.

Post by hairy78 »

If you might be interested in this, or more pics like this let me know, I have to clear it with the subject before it goes to a journalist.

Thanks
www.agcpd.com
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Talk to olegvolk.net. He has almost ever kind of picture you can imagine with some very nice and wholesome looking pictures. I wouldn't send them there directly as they may pull the worst representing and controversial photo they can find....

He allowed me to use some of his pictures for the brochure:

http://www.ick.bz/firearms

For example, the father showing his son how to shoot, excelent PR... and truthful!
-----
Ick
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

hairy78 wrote:[img]If you might be interested in this, or more pics like this let me know, I have to clear it with the subject before it goes to a journalist.
This is exactly what I need. If you can, please get permission to use it today or tomorrow morning? The reporter wants to have the story ready for publication on Friday.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
nickeldicker
Silent Operator

Post by nickeldicker »

whath the new law?
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

Good idea! Get a copyright allowance though just to protect yourself.
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

Bill 1016 passed two months ago and goes into effect 90 days after the session ended. The bill adds an exception to RCW 9.41.250(c) to allow the use of registered silencers. Until July 22nd, WA will be the only state the allows a person to own a silencer but prohibits their use. The law as it is currently written does not allow police or military use either.

I sent the reporter a long e-mail about the efforts to pass the bill and why silencers are desirable. I included a few photos of my suppresssed firearms and a drawing. She wanted a photo of a person using a suppressed firearm, but all I had was video. I was told that the article would be out on Friday, but it is here now. http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/kitsap/ckr/ ... 78034.html

Reading about the various reactions to passage of the bill these last two months, I have been wondering; Why in the hell did it take so long to pass the bill? If I knew what I was doing, I woudl have had a silencer bill passed in 2000, not 2011. This really hammers home one undeniable fact. Gun control laws exist because most gun owners do not give a damn about their rights.

Ranb
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

ranb wrote:... Gun control laws exist because most gun owners do not give a damn about their rights.

Ranb

Cheap beer, reality shows and football games have replaced the proverbial "bread and circuses." Most of us are too comfortable to pay attention to the erosion of our rights.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

"Safety is a priority at the range and Carter said people will still be required to wear hearing protection while shooting with suppressors".

WTF??? :roll: This from the gun club...no wonder the law was the way it was.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

dtom29 wrote:"Safety is a priority at the range and Carter said people will still be required to wear hearing protection while shooting with suppressors".

Relax. It is a matter of the guy for benches down shooting without a suppressor, creating an overall culture of safety, and protecting your ears from other ear-damaging sound like sonic cracks or metal on metal pings.

The statement was a good move in my book. Display, through example, an already existing culture of safety without actually saying anything.

Good job ranb. You should never have to buy another beverage at a shooting event.
Last edited by ick on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----
Ick
OkieSnoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by OkieSnoop »

+1 You did do a good job, and the person that wrote the article didn't turn left and go crazy.

glad to see you getting something changed for the better -
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

dtom29 wrote:"Safety is a priority at the range and Carter said people will still be required to wear hearing protection while shooting with suppressors".

Marcus Carter takes the right to keep and bear arms to the most extreme of anyone I have ever met. He also was arrested for illegal machine gun possession about 11 years ago. He has represented himself three times in court and the case was dismissed each time. The County attorney prosecuting him is the same one that is leading the lawsuit trying to shutdown the KRRC which I belong to and in which Carter is an officer. Kitsap County transferred his case to King county to prosecute a fourth time.

I do not see eye to eye with Carter on everything, but the hearing protection issue is one of them I do agree on. At least two of my rifles are not hearing safe when shot under weather protection. No telling what other kinds of suppressed firearms other people will have there. Hearing protection will not be optional at this event, just as eye protection is always required. Its a rifle range open to the public. I will be wearing mine, even if it was not required.

It would be very foolish to not require ear and eye protection at all times on the firing line.

Ranb
driver6814
Silent But Deadly

Post by driver6814 »

Congratulations, About time, Reporter wrote a very good story.

Safety #1, You can't go wrong with the earplugs.

Who knows, some a$$ could come and complain their hearing was damaged just to PITA you guys. Bad press now would suck.

Again congrats and enjoy
hairy78
Silent But Deadly

Post by hairy78 »

Sorry Ranb, I just saw the reply. Congrats though.

And if you need to use it again, she said it's cool.
www.agcpd.com
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

deleted
Last edited by WasDustyJacket on Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Oleg Volk does some good photography if you can ignore the constant propoganda/political messages.

If he would just leave it a picture without having to make a statement then he would be alot more popular and get more of the industry behind him. it must be his background that causes him to constantly ride the MESSAGE in every photo bandwagon.

He would be the best for this purpose RanB, however I don't know if you will get him away from his agenda.

When is it publishing?

You know you have to scan the article or it didn't happen right?

-B
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

Bendersquint wrote:When is it publishing?

You know you have to scan the article or it didn't happen right?
It published online on Wednesday. I posted a link above, here it is again. http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/kitsap/ckr/ ... 78034.html Here is a portion of the article.
Randy Bragge has been making gun silencers as a hobby for nearly a decade. But, he hasn't been able to use them because although Washington state law allows people to own the devices, sometimes called "suppressors," they are currently illegal to use.

But next month the devices will be legal.

"Whenever I travel to a different state for vacation or work, I'd pack up a case and use them there. That was the only opportunity I had to use them," Bragge said of his suppressors that he uses in other states where it is legal including Oregon and Montana.
I invited the reporter to the silencer shoot in three weeks.

Ranb
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Good job on the article Randy!

No pics on the online version though :(

Good job on your efforts, now if we could just get the same effort at a Federal level with more people we would be on a role!

1 victory at a time!

-B
Oleg Volk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Oleg Volk »

I can sometimes get away from adding captions. See http://olegvolk.net/blog for examples. Also, poster images are usually available on request without captions.
Oleg Volk

[url=http://gunrightsmedia.com]My forum[/url] | [url=http://olegvolk.net/blog]My blog[/url] | [url=http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery]My gallery[/url]
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

Good article, but leave it to the cops....
"In law enforcement, suppressors are used more in a SWAT team than other departments, said Capt. Tom Wolfe of the Bremerton Police Department. He explained that a SWAT team is more likely to be in a situation where suppressors are needed if they have to enter a large complex and encounter dogs before gaining entrance."
1. If a dog is there, chances are it's going to bark before you can get a shot off on it,

or

2. If you see it first and shoot, the suppressed report is still going to give you away in a building. :roll:

Reminds me about the Sherriff's raid in Virginia against the mayor of the town for drugs and they shot the families two dogs on entry. Think there's a market for a canine tazer? 8)
America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Bone 16, Asshat at large, OUT!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Bone16 wrote:Good article, but leave it to the cops...

1. If a dog is there, chances are it's going to bark before you can get a shot off on it,
He is more certainly referring to sentry dogs, and those are generally dispatched with a suppressed 22lr bolt rifle. I am sure he wasn't referring to a dog in a hallway, but dogs that alot of dealers and trafficers have outside as early warning.

THey can be dispatched pretty far away, outside bark alarm range.

-B
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

Bendersquint wrote:He is more certainly referring to sentry dogs, and those are generally dispatched with a suppressed 22lr bolt rifle. I am sure he wasn't referring to a dog in a hallway, but dogs that alot of dealers and trafficers have outside as early warning.

-B

With a .22 bolt rifle???? a 55 gr 5.56 I could believe. A .22 is just going to piss off the dog, especially at range.
America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Bone 16, Asshat at large, OUT!
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Bone16 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:He is more certainly referring to sentry dogs, and those are generally dispatched with a suppressed 22lr bolt rifle. I am sure he wasn't referring to a dog in a hallway, but dogs that alot of dealers and trafficers have outside as early warning.

-B

With a .22 bolt rifle???? a 55 gr 5.56 I could believe. A .22 is just going to piss off the dog, especially at range.
Are you serious? A .22 has taken many animals before Ive seen deer drop with a .22lr from 100 yards with my own eyes. There is a old guy here that does it all the time in fact I would say him using a bigger caliber would be un-humane because he has so much practice with the .22lr he would not hit the kill zone with a bigger caliber.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Bone16 wrote:With a .22 bolt rifle???? a 55 gr 5.56 I could believe. A .22 is just going to piss off the dog, especially at range.
Its been done plenty of times on sentry/alarm dogs. Trust me! Its very effective and drops them like a sack of potatoes(if you do your part). Quiet enough that you can drop 2 dogs next to each other and the lights without raising any alarms.

-B
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

.22's (well placed) will take down a lot of animals.
Kick Ass Design