Degroat Mk99 Mod 0 very pleased.. w/ video

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

blacklabelop
Silent Operator

Degroat Mk99 Mod 0 very pleased.. w/ video

Post by blacklabelop »

Just picked it up last week and am pleased with the quality and sound suppression..

I also got a screaming deal on it.

so here is a video on a G19 shooting AE 147 g ammo. Cycled perfectly thru 150 rnds with a lone wolf barrel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL57M4ni4_w
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Re: Degroat Mk99 Mod 0 very pleased.. w/ video

Post by Emilio »

Thanks for vid. :D
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Mine sucks....so I bought a AWC grease applicator and use it as a grease can. It sounds much better.
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
blacklabelop
Silent Operator

Post by blacklabelop »

Fireman1291 wrote:Mine sucks....so I bought a AWC grease applicator and use it as a grease can. It sounds much better.

Wierd.. I am going to leave it as is for now.. might try and shoot it wet tho.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Fireman1291 wrote:Mine sucks....so I bought a AWC grease applicator and use it as a grease can. It sounds much better.
thought you had the Mark 9 Mod 0 for Beretta?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QDtndmt ... er&list=UL

I'm happy with my Mark 9 Mod 0 - sounds ok dry but better wet I do agree.
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

I do, but the only difference between the two is one is boostered and one isnt. My friend has the MK99 and it sounds just like my MK9 so I assume the baffle stacks are the same.

Plus look what I was sent.....really!?!

James degroat had lasered the serial but I guess he fucked up and instead of starting over he decided it would be better to scrape the "7" into a "Z". I couldnt get a good shot with the camera but it looks like hell in person. Add the fact that without water the can is loud as hell and Ill never buy a product from him again. Im left with an ugly silencer and he could give two shits.
Industry T&E
Facebook
Instagram
Keesh

Post by Keesh »

You're bitching about a tiny imperfection in the engraving, really? :lol: I hope you don't shoot it because you might get it dirty too.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Sounds like s--t,,,,,,,,,,,,,really???,,,,,,,,,,,, it meters as good as other cans from bigger companies,,companies that others have great faith in,, according to data widely available.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
the_accuser
Silent But Deadly

Post by the_accuser »

Fireman1291 wrote:I do, but the only difference between the two is one is boostered and one isnt. My friend has the MK99 and it sounds just like my MK9 so I assume the baffle stacks are the same.

Plus look what I was sent.....really!?!

James degroat had lasered the serial but I guess he fucked up and instead of starting over he decided it would be better to scrape the "7" into a "Z". I couldnt get a good shot with the camera but it looks like hell in person. Add the fact that without water the can is loud as hell and Ill never buy a product from him again. Im left with an ugly silencer and he could give two shits.
Mine has the 7 etched to a Z just like yours but it doesn't bother me. I still like the can just like the others I have.
blacklabelop
Silent Operator

Post by blacklabelop »

Guess I got lucky with a real 7 :wink:

Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Sigproshooter wrote:Sounds like s--t,,,,,,,,,,,,,really???,,,,,,,,,,,, it meters as good as other cans from bigger companies,,companies that others have great faith in,, according to data widely available.
Meters close to who? a 80s can? :lol: Mine is horribly loud compared to my tirant and osprey.

Not to mention the POI shift is horrible. It shoots 2 inches left and low at 7 yards. :evil:
Industry T&E
Facebook
Instagram
blacklabelop
Silent Operator

Post by blacklabelop »

Still happy with it.. cycles perfectly on my G19.. here is a mag dump with 115g WWB 9mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8OOYnHfxEk
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

Fireman,

If you are not happy with the suppressor I'll gladly offer you a full refund of what you paid me, even though you purchased the suppressor over two years ago.

I understand the suppressor is on a Form 4, but what you can do is return the suppressor to me, I'll open it up check it out, destroy the suppressor, and return it to you. You can then send a letter to the ATF saying it's been destroyed and have it pulled from the registry. This way we don't have to worry about any more Form 4 transfers.

I do have to say you did seem pleased with the Mk 9 Mod 0 suppressor, because you were even quoted say "That's Fxxkin Quite" in your video you made a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxNhgK0yWw4
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Fireman1291 wrote:I do, but the only difference between the two is one is boostered and one isnt. My friend has the MK99 and it sounds just like my MK9 so I assume the baffle stacks are the same.

"Im left with an ugly silencer and he could give two shits"
I have to ask, when have you ever e-mailed or messaged me letting me know you were unhappy with your suppressor? My e-mails and memory show no such attempt.

You and I both know your statement above is false.

My refund offer is on the table. All you have to do is return the suppressor and I'll return it destroyed with a refund check, as well as the address where to send your letter to the ATF stating the suppressor has been destroyed.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

I think it is great that James is standing behind his products!

I also have a Mk 99 Mod 0 that I use on a Glock 17.

I find it to be very quiet when fired wet, and louder when fired dry. But both seem to be hearing safe (I have no meter to measure)

It doesn't sound like a 22LR suppressed, it doesn't sound like a 9mm suppressed on a Hollywood movie ... but what really does? :roll:
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
poizzin
Silent But Deadly

Post by poizzin »

James DeGroat wrote:Fireman,

If you are not happy with the suppressor I'll gladly offer you a full refund of what you paid me, even though you purchased the suppressor over two years ago.

I understand the suppressor is on a Form 4, but what you can do is return the suppressor to me, I'll open it up check it out, destroy the suppressor, and return it to you. You can then send a letter to the ATF saying it's been destroyed and have it pulled from the registry. This way we don't have to worry about any more Form 4 transfers.

I do have to say you did seem pleased with the Mk 9 Mod 0 suppressor, because you were even quoted say "That's Fxxkin Quite" in your video you made a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxNhgK0yWw4

Damn, called out hard!!!
Supressors
AAC - 7
Degroat - 2
AWC - 1
Don Floyd - 1
Tros- 1
HCA- 1
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

James DeGroat wrote:

"Im left with an ugly silencer and he could give two shits"
I have to ask, when have you ever e-mailed or messaged me letting me know you were unhappy with your suppressor? My e-mails and memory show no such attempt.

You and I both know your statement above is false.

My refund offer is on the table. All you have to do is return the suppressor and I'll return it destroyed with a refund check, as well as the address where to send your letter to the ATF stating the suppressor has been destroyed.

So are you interested in the refund?
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

cearick

Post by cearick »

James makes great cans. The mk99 is a great can and every time I had a question or request James was quick to Handle things.
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

I think I hear crickets chirping....
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

After " ... If you are not happy with the suppressor I'll gladly offer you a full refund of what you paid me,
even though you purchased the suppressor over two years ago.",
from the sidelines it screams "JD is a class act!"
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Keesh wrote:You're bitching about a tiny imperfection in the engraving, really? :lol: I hope you don't shoot it because you might get it dirty too.
F--k That. An imperfection is a little light spot, or it's slightly off center axis or whatever. Scratching a seven to look more like a Z is completely unacceptable imo. Once I guess could be forgiven, but this thread has it twice, F--k, remake the tube or file a new form2, but don't half ass scratch it! I would be more than outraged at that and would not accept the product. This is a completely reasonable gripe as far as I would be concerned.

If a mfg thinks that's OK, then I would be more than concerned with the other aspects of the production that I can not see. It's all in the details for me.

I haven't seen these comparable results people mentioned. The only test I could find on NFATalk was a 99 mod 0 at 143db with 158gr ammo. That's really loud for that ammo.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

I have to agree with the scratching out of serial number. :cry:

I would worry that peoples would think I did it. :x
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Historian wrote:After " ... If you are not happy with the suppressor I'll gladly offer you a full refund of what you paid me,
even though you purchased the suppressor over two years ago.",
from the sidelines it screams "JD is a class act!"

That offer also stands with anyone else not happy with the way those serial numbers had to be handled.

Here's the reason for the serial number scratch like that. Every single Mk9 Mod0 looks like that, you can thank the ATF for that one. At the time those tubes were made I was doing the order for the Military contract and already had all the tubes machined, anodized, and laser engraved when I sent out the paperwork to register them with the ATF. ATF said I couldn't use those numbers as I already used them on my Mk 99 Mod 0 (and it didn't matter it was a different model), and well needless to say I didn't have time to remake all the tubes before I had to ship the military order out (which I should also note they cut the delivery date in half from when I bid the job, which really sucked). I tried to work with the ATF on this and they suggested that I convert the 7 to a Z and redo my paperwork so that's what I did. It was either I do that fix, or I miss the delivery date on the Military order.

This is not an error that has ever been made again nor will it ever.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

Ah c'mon Fireman1291, are you really just not going to respond? It's just starting to get good.
blacklabelop
Silent Operator

Post by blacklabelop »

took the can out again.. still loving it..

man this thread has alot of ups and downs, sucks about that engraving snafu.. I might be alittle pissed

but all my cans get run and get a coat of krylon after a short while :lol: