Firearms Training Courses

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

LYNRDSKYNRD
Silent But Deadly

Re: Firearms Training Courses

Post by LYNRDSKYNRD »

JohnnyC wrote:James Yeager has some issues of his own. I wouldn't take a class from him if you paid my way.
I've heard the same from others who's opinions I respect.

The guy who became famous on here for shooting himself in the leg (video "I just Fucking shot myself!") was a student of Tactical Response and sang there praises too.....just saying.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
Kip42
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Kip42 »

JohnnyC wrote:James Yeager has some issues of his own. I wouldn't take a class from him if you paid my way.
What dont ya like about Yeager?
Walt Her
Silent Operator

Post by Walt Her »

Try several, take away what you like, leave the rest. Frontsight is by far the best school I have attended in the area of weapons manipulation, but unfortunately it leaves a lot to be desired from the practical application and tactics perspective. I took a Patrolling class with one of Gabe's lead instructors, Eric Pfleger recently and was very impressed with his curriculum, emphasis on safety, learning, and training hard. Two years ago I spent time with Pat Goodale of PGPFT in advanced handgun and their were plenty of "experts" there who had sloppy presentations, marginal safety, and the absence of any after-action drills. The point is, try several and take the best with you, even if that means leaving it all.
once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is enemy action.
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Post by nice shot »

I didnt read this whole thread, but I can say from the positive reviews I got, http://www.riflesonly.com/ might be a place to look into.

I had a co worker go through the course . . . I unfortunately havent been able to afford it.
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

http://yfainc.com/
Louie Awerbuck is a great guy and a great instructor. I've attended his classes and hosted him for a class. You and your students will not be disappointed.