ATT MicroCell

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

jupiterdraft
Silent But Deadly

Re: ATT MicroCell

Post by jupiterdraft »

It's been almost a year - to those that have been using this device I ask, is it still all it's cracked up to be? I recently moved to a 1-3 bar home and find that many areas of the house provide poor signal. Would any or all of you still recommend this device to improve cell quality?
The gene pool needs a shock treatment!

Diapers & Politicians...
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

jupiterdraft wrote:It's been almost a year - to those that have been using this device I ask, is it still all it's cracked up to be? I recently moved to a 1-3 bar home and find that many areas of the house provide poor signal. Would any or all of you still recommend this device to improve cell quality?
Yes, absolutely.
The most I've ever had to do is unplug it and plug it back in and I've only had to do that 2 or 3 times in the last year. If your phone doesn't show M-Cell in the signal area, reset the M-Cell. I can only remember it happening after a long internet outage where the M-Cell booted up before the internet connection was active.

For my home, I have 1 bar or less without it. I have to sit my phone on a window sill to get any signal and to receive text messages. With the M-Cell, I have 5 bars all over the house and even better signal outside.

Chris
jupiterdraft
Silent But Deadly

Post by jupiterdraft »

One more question that I thought of - AT&T says you can use this with your regular plan minutes - does anyone know if the mobile to mobile minutes are used when connected to this thing, or are you using regular minutes? I ask because 75% or better of my calls are to other mobiles - would hate to find out I burned through all of my regular time and then some...
The gene pool needs a shock treatment!

Diapers & Politicians...
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

jupiterdraft wrote:One more question that I thought of - AT&T says you can use this with your regular plan minutes - does anyone know if the mobile to mobile minutes are used when connected to this thing, or are you using regular minutes? I ask because 75% or better of my calls are to other mobiles - would hate to find out I burned through all of my regular time and then some...
The M-Cell treats your phone just as the Big Cell's do as far as I can tell.

So, if you get "free" mobile-to-mobile, that's what you get. If you would be using your "day time" minutes, that is what you would be doing.

They offer an M-Cell plan where all M-Cell calls are "Free" but you have to pay for that. By default it uses your plan, just as the normal towers do.
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

+1 on everything chrismartin said. As long as your internet connection is up and running the microcell is the bee's knees.

Oh, and a big thanks to R.S. for bringing this to my attention.
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

Before I could decide on the Wilson or the Microcell, my parents gave me a zBoost YX545 as a gift. It works well.