AR 22 custom barrel by redtazdog

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

EEdave86
Senior Silent Operator

AR 22 custom barrel by redtazdog

Post by EEdave86 »

I am slowly collecting parts for my SBR build, but being careful not build the upper or lower just yet since im waiting on the form 1 to get back. Doing some searching on the forums and was about to give up and buy one of the new CMMG 6.5" barrels, i wanted something shorter, but couldnt find any around. I saw redtazdog post some of his builds and I saw where he had built some uppers for people on the forums. I decided to shoot him a message and he was very responsive and helpful. I told him i wanted a 4.5" barrel with 1/2x28 threads. After messaging him a bit, I bought a CMMG evolution stainless kit off gunbroker for right below $200 and after i got the kit in, sent him the bolt. Less than two weeks later(and a MO for $145) he sent me this :D

I am now even more excited about completing my build! Sadly wont get to shoot it for a while, but it looks fantastic. He cut down the 223 adapter to fit the barrel. If anyone asks at the range, im going to say it was custom built :)
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Re: AR 22 custom barrel by redtazdog

Post by rockman96 »

He forgot to remove the Dykem before he sent it back to you. :lol: Seriously though, nice looking work....is it 4"?
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

The barrel and the stainless 22 kit looks blue :shock:
funny how lighting can change the color in pictures.
Post some more pictures after the build is done :wink:
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Thats going to be a sweet setup, I have a spikes with a 10" barrel now and sometimes I wish it was shorter but others I love its size. So I think the only option is do a build like yours and have both. lol :D
EEdave86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by EEdave86 »

it did turn out blue! Its supposed to be black and stainless :)
EEdave86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by EEdave86 »

rockman96 wrote:He forgot to remove the Dykem before he sent it back to you. :lol: Seriously though, nice looking work....is it 4"?
4.5"
Tram
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Tram »

How has the 4.5" served you to keep rounds subsonic?

I've got a complete CMMG .22 upper I am thinking about having chopped down to 4-5"..
tws317

Post by tws317 »

Nice.
EEdave86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by EEdave86 »

Tram wrote:How has the 4.5" served you to keep rounds subsonic?

I've got a complete CMMG .22 upper I am thinking about having chopped down to 4-5"..
Still havnt built my upper yet, i blew quite a bit of money on building the 9mm after my form 1 came back in Feb. I bought a trijicon RDS to go along with it and bought a few handguns with the tax return. This is next on my list. I will eventually get the upper together. After playing with my 9mm i cant wait to get the 22 going.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/L ... AG0526.jpg

Havnt been watching this forum so sorry for the late reply.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

WOW! 6+ months and still not built :shock:
You must not be as addicted as I am, parts dont sit long when I have a build plan :wink:
EEdave86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by EEdave86 »

redtazdog wrote:WOW! 6+ months and still not built :shock:
You must not be as addicted as I am, parts dont sit long when I have a build plan :wink:
I couldnt turn down that sig p226 mk25 at the local shop... 1/3 of that money was meant for my 22 build...
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

redtazdog wrote:WOW! 6+ months and still not built :shock:
I don't have parts that sit long as they tend to become a plan of some type.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

I just put mine together yesterday and it is kick ass. I will have to get a dedicated lower for it because I can see lots of use. Thanks. redtazdog!
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

kalikraven wrote:I just put mine together yesterday and it is kick ass. I will have to get a dedicated lower for it because I can see lots of use. Thanks. redtazdog!
Two + months and you are now playing with it :lol:
Even after I build a barrel or upper that same day I cant wait to at least give it a test run :wink:
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

I was in Afgahnistan and I just got back home Thursday night, plus the upper that I ordered for it was not in yet so I went out and bought another upper for it. That's why it was a two month wait :wink:
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

kalikraven wrote:I was in Afgahnistan and I just got back home Thursday night, plus the upper that I ordered for it was not in yet so I went out and bought another upper for it. That's why it was a two month wait :wink:
Thats right I forgot you were out of the country, happy you made it back. :wink:
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

Me too. It's amaizing how much I missed with my son. He's now three years old and he grew up quite a bit in the seven months I was gone...
EEdave86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by EEdave86 »

9mm

now converted to 22lr, finally built this thing, prodigy, yhm mini light rail(awesome little rail!), and burris fast fire
Took it out this past weekend, freaking love it! Using BDM AR mags, they work great for me. Not one malfunction with CCI std vel.

Thanks RED!