Best Sound Reduction Suppressor for 300 BLK SBR

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

misterchaos

Best Sound Reduction Suppressor for 300 BLK SBR

Post by misterchaos »

I have an 8 inch Noveske AR15 rifle chambered in 300 AAC Blackout and I'm in the market for a suppressor in the $1k and under price range. This suppressor will be used specifically for this rifle and cartridge combination, no others. I'm primarily concerned with sound reduction and weight, but of those 2 specifications, sound reduction is more important to me.

I've done a bit of research on the AAC website and this forum and I don't really know which suppressor meets my needs. I was dead set on the SDN-6 until I saw the performance numbers posted by another member on here. Now I'm not sure which suppressor has the best sound reduction in the AAC lineup in this price range for my gun. I have the AAC Blackout FH with the 51 tooth adapter so I want to purchase a silencer with the 51T ratchet mount system. Any help in clearing my confusion would be appreciated.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Re: Best Sound Reduction Suppressor for 300 BLK SBR

Post by m1garand30064 »

It really is a toss up between the 762SD and the 762SDN6. I doubt you could go wrong either way as both are great silencers.

From what I'm hearing from my close friends in the industry the 762SD will be a little quieter, but in all likelihood it would not be very noticeable. The N6 has advantages in that it will be shorter and more durable due to the all inconel construction. Seeing as how you have an SBR you may like the compactness of the N6 over the SD. Both use the 51T mount that you have on the gun.

Go handle both, and if at all possible hear both before making your decision. Either way I think you will be happy.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
FB3
Silent But Deadly

Post by FB3 »

You may want to consider an AAC Cyclone 762. It is thread-on, but has better numbers than the SD's.
misterchaos

Post by misterchaos »

Thanks for the replies. I realize that my FH will only attach to an AAC ratchet mount suppressor, but if I remove it that should give me the ability to purchase any thread mounted suppressor. Are there any other suppressor manufacturers worth my time? What about pistol suppressors? Would a pistol suppressor stand up to the 300 blk supersonic pressure in a semi automatic rifle?
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
black-sheep
Silent But Deadly

Post by black-sheep »

Liberty Mystic,I purched this for my .338 specter and it sounds great.
The Mystic is rated for the
following calibers. :shock:

22 Hornet
22 K Hornet
218 Bee
223 REM - 16" BBL
30 PPC - Subsonic
30 Carbine
32-20
357 MAG
221 Fireball
32 S&W Long
32 H&R Magnum
9X18
9X19 (Base Caliber)
38 Super
38 Special
38 S&W
357 Max - Subsonic
338 Spectre
300 BLK
300 Whisper
300/221
308 Win- Subsonic
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

misterchaos wrote:Thanks for the replies. I realize that my FH will only attach to an AAC ratchet mount suppressor, but if I remove it that should give me the ability to purchase any thread mounted suppressor. Are there any other suppressor manufacturers worth my time? What about pistol suppressors? Would a pistol suppressor stand up to the 300 blk supersonic pressure in a semi automatic rifle?
No, pistol suppressors will not stand up to supersonic 300 BLK rounds.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
LonghunterCO
Silent But Deadly

Post by LonghunterCO »

m1garand30064 wrote:
misterchaos wrote:Thanks for the replies. I realize that my FH will only attach to an AAC ratchet mount suppressor, but if I remove it that should give me the ability to purchase any thread mounted suppressor. Are there any other suppressor manufacturers worth my time? What about pistol suppressors? Would a pistol suppressor stand up to the 300 blk supersonic pressure in a semi automatic rifle?
Manfacture rates the Liberty Mystic as 300 BLK supersonic compatable.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

LonghunterCO wrote:
m1garand30064 wrote:
Manfacture rates the Liberty Mystic as 300 BLK supersonic compatable.
Ok, with the exception of the Mystic. All the others would be a bad idea.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD