Model-7 rifles

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Spooky130

Re: Model-7 rifles

Post by Spooky130 »

mdyer wrote:I called Jeremy and pre ordered one also. Can't wait to get it.
If you are super nerdy and mapped Bullseye and AAC you will find they are only about 7 miles from one another... Jeremy said their rifles ship UPS to a facility an hour away and then back to him! Sometimes it amazes me the big shipping companies make any money!

I too hope to have the rifle in hand next weekend!

Spooky
stmcelroy
Silent Operator

Post by stmcelroy »

smokey1 wrote:Is the 300 blackout rifle stock is plastic molded or fiberglass? I ask for aftermarket glass bedding purposes.
Also, any thoughts on leupold low or medium rings on this rifle? Say the scope objective is 30mm as with main tube.

Low for sure. :wink:
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

sinsir wrote:
silencertalk wrote:They did ship today.
my ffl buddy atempted to contact aac for the last couple days, to order a couple and get setup as a dealer ... no such luck, he never got a call back. i ended up contacting bullseye and have 1 on pre-order.....
That was the best idea - a distributor like Bullseye is not any more expensive than buying from AAC (unless you are placing a distributor sized order).
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Spooky130 wrote:Sometimes it amazes me the big shipping companies make any money!
It would not be cheaper for UPS to send a special courrier to drive each package individually to each destination. They know how to be efficient - the truck was going to the hub anyway. They don't even make left turns in the trucks.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

SICK!!!!!!!!!

What are you guys paying @ Bullseye? Damn I wish I had funds set aside!
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Spooky130

Post by Spooky130 »

silencertalk wrote:
Spooky130 wrote:Sometimes it amazes me the big shipping companies make any money!
It would not be cheaper for UPS to send a special courrier to drive each package individually to each destination. They know how to be efficient - the truck was going to the hub anyway. They don't even make left turns in the trucks.
This is an unusual circumstance... That being said, I would have hoped Bullseye could have made the drive up to AAC to pick them up directly but that is probably not the preferred method...

Spooky
n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by n.franklin »

Looks like those barrels could use a 4" trim job... :wink:
mdyer

Post by mdyer »

Just received an email from bullseye that my model 7 blackout is shipping today. Can't wait!
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

Does any gun shop in Tennesse have one in stock that I can buy? I'm in Middle TN! Thanks for any help I get. Or can I order from AAC and have it shipped to a local shop?
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Does anybody make detachable magazine bottom metal compatible with these? Preferably a kit that isn't half-again the cost of the rifle. :?
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
RavenArmament
Silent But Deadly

Post by RavenArmament »

I wish.

I see Mossberg has their MVP Varmint rifle in .223 Remington that is designed for AR15 mags. I'd like to get one and rebarrel it for the 300 BLK.

If Remington can work that into the Model 7 300BLK, that would be awesome. Make sure it's P-mag compatible too.
Manufacturer of the best subsonic 9mm ammunition.
sinsir

Post by sinsir »

mdyer wrote:Just received an email from bullseye that my model 7 blackout is shipping today. Can't wait!
i got the call from my ffl today .. wooot.... but then again, i need to finish this contract job in ny before i head back home to pick it up :(
SuperChuck
Senior Silent Operator

Post by SuperChuck »

Am I the first one to report one in hand...? Picked it up this evening, have yet to chamber a round, but I and my FFL were quite pleased with it.. At 6'2" it might not be proportional for me, but then again, I like it.. almost smaller/more compact than expected..

Now to mount a scope and give it a whirl this weekend....

SC
Spooky130

Post by Spooky130 »

RavenArmament wrote:I wish.

I see Mossberg has their MVP Varmint rifle in .223 Remington that is designed for AR15 mags. I'd like to get one and rebarrel it for the 300 BLK.

If Remington can work that into the Model 7 300BLK, that would be awesome. Make sure it's P-mag compatible too.
My quick search didn't turn up anything useful with the Remington Model 7 action. It would be nice if there was something available...

Spooky
mdyer

Post by mdyer »

I shot mine today. At 50 yds with Remington subs it was 3 shots into one hole not a clover leaf just one little hole. I didn't have time today to move back to 100 yds. I really like it.
The one on the left is 3 shots as is the one on the right.
Last edited by mdyer on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperChuck
Senior Silent Operator

Post by SuperChuck »

Cycled the bolt a bit, chambered, or tried to chamber a few rounds..

220 Grain OTM Remington 300 Blackout ammo chambered and fired fine, feedramp might need a bit of break in, loaded from the mag with a bit of force and a bit of scraping along the feed ramp...

130 Gr Hornady 300 Whisper 110 gr Vmax loaded more easily than the 220's and fired fine..

Had two ammo sources that appear to be slightly out of specification..

150 Gr subsonics from The Bullet Works - the bolt would not close on a loaded round. Same issue with their 240 gr segmented bullet.. Could not close the bolt on either round. Apparently they are off just enough to get about a half throw on the bolt..

Overall impression, is it will be a fun gun. I mounted a scope and will fire it a bit over the weekend.. unfortunately, my ammo stash is now only half applicable.. The 150 subs won't cycle my A/R upper, so I'll have to pull 'em or share them with someone that has a more forgiving chamber tolerance.

a 4.5-14 x 42 Burris Fullfield II almost dwarfs the gun.. Still getting used to the proportions, compared to me... LOL

One thing about it, a friend of mine's 7-year-old son will be able to shoot this one as-is and should not have a problem at all.. I'm looking forward to a CAN now.....

SC
stmcelroy
Silent Operator

Post by stmcelroy »

Where are the pictures? 8)
JC Weaponry
Silent But Deadly

Post by JC Weaponry »

stmcelroy wrote:Where are the pictures? 8)
When are you getting one? I'd like to hear it when you get itl 8)
SIGnature SIGsauer Dealer
01/03 SOT
Newberg, OR
stmcelroy
Silent Operator

Post by stmcelroy »

JC Weaponry wrote:
stmcelroy wrote:Where are the pictures? 8)
When are you getting one? I'd like to hear it when you get itl 8)

Probably be a while for a bolt gun, got a AR15 now. :D