Thureon Defense integral build questions...

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

eseaton
Silent But Deadly

Thureon Defense integral build questions...

Post by eseaton »

I will have in my posession a Thureon Defense carbine in .45acp (using Glock mags) within the week. My plan is to have someone build an integral can for it. I have not decided on a one stamp or two build as of yet as I am keeping my options open depending on what the can design is.
Obviously, like everyone, I want it quiet but also want to be able to service it. With a one stamp build, I will need to be able to service from the front end cap.
What type of baffle system do you that are familiar with this kind of build believe I would be best served with? Are monocores effective in this caliber?
I am open to all ideas and welcome any comments and ideas including potential builders. I have been in contact with one of our manufacturers on this site and am just looking for ideas still.

Thanks as always for your help.

eseaton
From the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Re: Thureon Defense integral build questions...

Post by 82nd airborne »

You should have SRI build it. They make some rockin integrals, and this is coming from someone that makes cans.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
rjrivero
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rjrivero »

While I agree with Aaron, the SRI Builds are QUIET. But if you want user serviceable, then SRI aint it. They don't have theirs in any way shape or form to be user serviceable.

Drop a line to Thureon Defense. I've italked to Andrew there, and I'm sure he's going to start making integrally suppressed Carbines suppressors, but if you find one, let me know because I have a couple that I would like done.
n the not to distant future. If he knows that's what you want, it may help speed up that process.

I don't know anyone who is making user serviceable integrated

I'm tossing around the idea of making a 5" 9mm AR barrel with a "swiss cheese" monocore permed to it to bring it to 16". Should make a nice muzzle brake, huh? :lol:
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

rjrivero wrote:While I agree with Aaron, the SRI Builds are QUIET. But if you want user serviceable, then SRI aint it. They don't have theirs in any way shape or form to be user serviceable.
Are you sure about that? All of our pistol and rimfire builds are user serviceable!

-B
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

rjrivero wrote:While I agree with Aaron, the SRI Builds are QUIET. But if you want user serviceable, then SRI aint it. They don't have theirs in any way shape or form to be user serviceable.
Not only are their builds user serviceable, but they also will make almost any other can user serviceable. SRI is a great shop.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Yeah Bender is the SRI I speak of. All his that need to be servicable are. Good price, good machining, and of course, stellar sound reduction.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
czexybeast

Post by czexybeast »

I'd like to give my input on SRI, too. They do good stuff. I've had a couple of things done by them and I couldn't be happier.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Mr. B always gets an A+!

Your Thureon Defense carbine .45 looks much sturdier than my startling 'exploding front barrel after 2 mags'
Marlin Camp gun.

.45 at 850fps is a sweet round as well as the preference in the field for those happily stuck in
the past. Rectangular Callous on Hand Webbing anyone?

Bless John Browning's creativity.

As I have evangelized over a lifetime: one well placed .45 outweighs a Hi-Power 13 round magazine's
waste. [ Fact I have told attested to by the FBI's HRT ( Hormone Replacement Therapy???) :) ]
rjrivero
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rjrivero »

Bendersquint wrote:
Are you sure about that? All of our pistol and rimfire builds are user serviceable!

-B
My apologies. For some reason I read SRT, not your company. Again, My apologies.

SRT integrated suppressors is the one I fondled, and shot. But in the end because they weren't user-serviceable, decided to go a different direction.
Richard/SIA
Silent But Deadly

I'm interested in some details on these as possible host.

Post by Richard/SIA »

I'm interested in some details on these as possible host.
Would like to know how the barrel attaches, overall quality, etc.

Stock they look a little cheap to me, probably the square upper profile (Wanna be MAC?) and cheesy slotted (Feather 9) looking barrel shroud.

Curios to see how well they respond to upgrades, trying to find one locally to look at.
At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed!