Tirant 45, EVO 9, Prodigy

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

EEdave86
Senior Silent Operator

Tirant 45, EVO 9, Prodigy

Post by EEdave86 »

VIdeos may be posted later if i can get them from my friend. For now you will have to take my word for it.

Prodigy(gen II core)
I really like the prodigy. I was going back and forth between a prodigy and silencerco sparrow and I am very happy with my purchase of the prodigy. It is very fun. The can is so dang light you dont even feel it on the end of the gun. It is very quiet. I didnt hear anything but the action and bullet hit while shooting through a ruger and gsg 1911. Both guns functioned properly with the can on. The gsg sounded a little quieter to me than the ruger with standard vel ammo. The only annoyance with the can is having to break it open every 5 or so mags to make sure its not going to get stuck together. Cleanup is pretty easy. I did shoot it with some white lithium grease and it was a little bit quieter and not too bad on the smoke. The grease seemed to help free up the silencer much easier and helped cleanup.

Evo 9
The evo is at home on a semi auto pistol. I have a glock 19 and it fits that gun perfect. Balance was awesome on this combo. I dont even think you need raised sights with this can. No malfunction issues with the combo. I was shooting AE 147 grain mostly today because its cheap and available to me locally. This combo is quiet. I was shooting dry. There is some ejection port noise but its not bad. It is louder for the shooter than the watchers. Will have to try this one wet later. I plan on sending it off the SRI as soon as my tirant 9 gets approved. I love the size and ergonomics on the evo.

Tirant 45(2011 model)
Ok, I gotta say this thing is amazing. This can impressed me more than anything i have ever heard. Ive never heard a 45 can at all. I had been warned that 45 silencers dont really work that well. Those people obviously have not heard a tirant 45. To me, this can with my hk usp 45 on it sounded as quiet as my dang evo 9... I was thoroughly impressed. I shot it dry first and could not stop smiling. Later I put in some wire pulling gel and it was quite amazing. I could shoot this thing all dang day dry... I also was impressed how good this sounded on other hosts/calibers. I also shot the glock and the 22 pistols with it. The gsg has some malfunctions with this can. I believe the pressure dropped too much and made cycling a problem, but everything else sounded great. I think the best sounding gun today was my keltec sub 2k and the tirant 45 with fiocchi 158 gr.

Great day for shooting.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Re: Tirant 45, EVO 9, Prodigy

Post by JasonM »

EEdave86 wrote:VIdeos may be posted later if i can get them from my friend. For now you will have to take my word for it.

Prodigy(gen II core)
I really like the prodigy. I was going back and forth between a prodigy and silencerco sparrow and I am very happy with my purchase of the prodigy. It is very fun. The can is so dang light you dont even feel it on the end of the gun. It is very quiet. I didnt hear anything but the action and bullet hit while shooting through a ruger and gsg 1911. Both guns functioned properly with the can on. The gsg sounded a little quieter to me than the ruger with standard vel ammo. The only annoyance with the can is having to break it open every 5 or so mags to make sure its not going to get stuck together. Cleanup is pretty easy. I did shoot it with some white lithium grease and it was a little bit quieter and not too bad on the smoke. The grease seemed to help free up the silencer much easier and helped cleanup.

Evo 9
The evo is at home on a semi auto pistol. I have a glock 19 and it fits that gun perfect. Balance was awesome on this combo. I dont even think you need raised sights with this can. No malfunction issues with the combo. I was shooting AE 147 grain mostly today because its cheap and available to me locally. This combo is quiet. I was shooting dry. There is some ejection port noise but its not bad. It is louder for the shooter than the watchers. Will have to try this one wet later. I plan on sending it off the SRI as soon as my tirant 9 gets approved. I love the size and ergonomics on the evo.

Tirant 45(2011 model)
Ok, I gotta say this thing is amazing. This can impressed me more than anything i have ever heard. Ive never heard a 45 can at all. I had been warned that 45 silencers dont really work that well. Those people obviously have not heard a tirant 45. To me, this can with my hk usp 45 on it sounded as quiet as my dang evo 9... I was thoroughly impressed. I shot it dry first and could not stop smiling. Later I put in some wire pulling gel and it was quite amazing. I could shoot this thing all dang day dry... I also was impressed how good this sounded on other hosts/calibers. I also shot the glock and the 22 pistols with it. The gsg has some malfunctions with this can. I believe the pressure dropped too much and made cycling a problem, but everything else sounded great. I think the best sounding gun today was my keltec sub 2k and the tirant 45 with fiocchi 158 gr.

Great day for shooting.

The Ti-RANT is amazing.

Thanks for the reviews, post some pics!
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Thanks for vids. :P

The TiRant 45 is a sweet can. :D

Any detail on threading the Kel-Tec? I heard the barrels or thin and can be tricky. (I needing to get one) :D
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
EEdave86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by EEdave86 »

Emilio wrote:Thanks for vids. :P

The TiRant 45 is a sweet can. :D

Any detail on threading the Kel-Tec? I heard the barrels or thin and can be tricky. (I needing to get one) :D
I had usmachinegun.com thread the portion of the barrel under the front sight(~.51" not enough to shoulder on) all the way to the first shoulder(~.57" enough). I asked that a threaded spacer be made that would leave .4-.44" of thread left at the muzzle.

results below, came out perfecto... I did a visual check before i shot to make sure the threads were aligned. No baffle strikes :) 2nd pic shows after i blued the spacer.