Intolerable wait time for Skyscreens!

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

starlingstalker
Silent But Deadly

Intolerable wait time for Skyscreens!

Post by starlingstalker »

I just bought a Pact 4 chronograph last week to clock my Am-180 for the best cyclic rate ammo for QUICKEST RPM performance and velocity tracking. Also would be pretty nifty to see what my other rock and rollers were doing also. The infared Mark 7 Skyscreens would be anticipated about the end of October to ship then. OK, no problem. So,I just checked Midways site and NOW its late January!!!! :x No sale then fer sure!!! :evil: Any idea where I can find them in stock? :roll: Thank You for ANY ideas......where to find? starlingstalker :?
Ban weapons, not firearms!
It may ONLY be a dollar but its STILL a Sux Tax!
Pssst, so let's change this infringing UNConstitutional Law!
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: Intolerable wait time for Skyscreens!

Post by johndoe3 »

direct from pact.com?

http://pact.com/index.php?page=shop.pro ... t&Itemid=1

A quick look has the price from the Pact website at $89.95 and from Midway at $99.95. If so, I would buy directly from Pact.com.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

The rate of fire function RPM is a michrophone timer function not a sky screen function. Only the FPS function needs the skyscreens.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
ToyotaGuru
Silent Operator

Post by ToyotaGuru »

I would never buy a pact product. I have a mark 4 timer chrono that does not work and they will NOT warranty it. They say mine is an older unit with know bad chip set that fails, but they cannot get a replacement chip so no warranty. I only used it 4 or 5 times and it was dead. All they would do is offer me 10% off a new one, and why would I buy another one if they won't back the first. So don't believe there life time warranty, so far they have been the worst company i have ever dealt with in the firearms community.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

CED Millennium Chronograph and get the IR skyscreens.. I just upgraded Get direct from RSI the owner is a hot s--t! nice guy. I use their SW too (along with Quickload)

The IR screens are a HUGE difference I set it up INSIDE my house and can shoot my subs out the window into my backstop and get readings with perfection.. no more blank shots and pissed off neighbors.

FAST turnaround.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
theflatline

Post by theflatline »

JohnInNH wrote:CED Millennium Chronograph and get the IR skyscreens.. I just upgraded Get direct from RSI the owner is a hot s--t! nice guy. I use their SW too (along with Quickload)

The IR screens are a HUGE difference I set it up INSIDE my house and can shoot my subs out the window into my backstop and get readings with perfection.. no more blank shots and pissed off neighbors.

FAST turnaround.
Totally agree, PACT is crap. Had the model 1 when they first came out, did OK. Upgraded to the professional a while back and it went back at least 5 times and still didn't work right (major issue with sky screens). Put it on the shelf, bought a CED millenium with IR screens and never looked back. Also got it from RSI with the shooting lab software. Great set up!