ATF continued.......

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.
EEdave86
Senior Silent Operator

Re: ATF continued.......

Post by EEdave86 »

LeftEyeMike wrote:Does the waiting get any easier after the first one? Is is the pain consistent regardless of stamp.
I went for 3 my first time this year. Then I sent of an SBR and 2 more cans later. I marked the days on the calender on those first three but these others i have just been patiently waiting. I think its easier after you get your first ones in. Just make sure to order more than one that first time, you will want more than one...
elcapitan1
Silent Operator

Post by elcapitan1 »

I have four out now, staggered two more a month apart after my first two. But they are on a Trust so I'm not doing any more until the first two clear. Want to make sure their is no problems with the Trust. As soon as the first two clear I'm doing four more.
gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Post by gwendell »

gwendell wrote:
eastern_hunter wrote:Oh my! That could mean Dana is getting VERY close to mine. A little prayer ...

Gonna call on mine tomorrow. Have had a Ti-Rant pending with him since Sept. 1. Hopefully I will get good news :D

Made the call this morning to check on the 9mm Ti-Rant I have had pending since Sept 1 . Still pending. Oh well. Guess it will be here sometime next year. :lol:
" The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second "
Vew

Post by Vew »

I called about my Evo40 today. Lady mentioned they are 5-6 months right now. I got assigned Dana as of 12/16. Here's to summer.
YourCoWorker
Senior Silent Operator

Post by YourCoWorker »

I just called for the first time.

Check cashed on July 9th, pending August 4th, she said that it has not been reviewed yet...

Longest ever for me by a couple months.
gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Post by gwendell »

YourCoWorker wrote:I just called for the first time.

Check cashed on July 9th, pending August 4th, she said that it has not been reviewed yet...

Longest ever for me by a couple months.

Man, that just let the air out of me :lol: My Ti-Rant has been pending since Sept. 1 ...with Pickles
" The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second "
oneshot.onehit

Post by oneshot.onehit »

TBAC 338P-1
TBAC 30P-1
Form 4 w/ Trust
Sent 7/05/11
Check cashed 7/08/11
Pending 7/26/11
Approved. 12/20/11
Awaiting mail delivery to WI.

oneshot.onehit
jta

Post by jta »

This thread makes me sad. :(
2 form 4's
Sent 12/02/2011
Received 12/03/2011
Check Cashed 12/06/2011
weaponsloader
Silent But Deadly

Post by weaponsloader »

My 762sd went pending August 3rd with farris. Called today and it is still pending.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill every person you meet."
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

My last form 4 was 4.5 months from the day I mailed it.

I mailed off two form 1's that the ATF will receive tomorrow Dec 29. I'll start looking for my stamps mid to late May.
starlingstalker
Silent But Deadly

Post by starlingstalker »

AAC SDN-6
Sent 7.20.11
Approved 12.16.11
Picked up last nite 12.30.11
Examiner: Sara Jones (for Texas)

I would have sent a BIG Christmas card if I had Known! My new super kewl 9" AAC upper last week and now my can! :D

At least I got it back this Year!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It's going to be a wonderful NEXT year! :!:
At least I'll have my new Silencerco rifle can(s) by next Christmas approved (again!)! :lol: :P :roll:
starlingstalker :) :) :) :D
Ban weapons, not firearms!
It may ONLY be a dollar but its STILL a Sux Tax!
Pssst, so let's change this infringing UNConstitutional Law!
elcapitan1
Silent Operator

Post by elcapitan1 »

Congrat's , I'm about three weeks behind you ,same can, same state.
starlingstalker
Silent But Deadly

Post by starlingstalker »

starlingstalker wrote:AAC SDN-6
Sent 7.20.11
Approved 12.16.11
Picked up last nite 12.30.11

I would have sent a BIG Christmas card if I had Known! My new super kewl 9" AAC upper last week and now my can! :D

At least I got it back this Year!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It's going to be a wonderful NEXT year! :!:
At least I'll have my new Silencerco rifle can(s) by next Christmas approved (again!)! :lol: :P :roll:
starlingstalker :) :) :) :D
Forgot to note that this was the 2nd addition to my "No Weapons" Trust. Mr. Pickles approved the 1st one (ss Sparrow) submitted in March and approved in May. I have a FDE 45 Osprey waiting as the 3rd addition someday..... :) Of course, the obligatory Silencerco riffle cans are next!!!! I'll send/add Ms. Jones a REALLY sweet super early Christmas card...:mrgreen:
starlingstalker :D
Ban weapons, not firearms!
It may ONLY be a dollar but its STILL a Sux Tax!
Pssst, so let's change this infringing UNConstitutional Law!
calinb
Silent Operator

Post by calinb »

jta wrote:This thread makes me sad. :(
<snip>
Now we must tolerate half a year of rights infringement to exercise something that's "protected" by the Constitution? I think it's all part of Obama's promise to take gun control (disarmament of the public) "under the radar."
weaponsloader
Silent But Deadly

Post by weaponsloader »

Just hit 5 months, still pending....
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill every person you meet."
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

calinb wrote:
<snip>
Now we must tolerate half a year of rights infringement to exercise something that's "protected" by the Constitution? I think it's all part of Obama's promise to take gun control (disarmament of the public) "under the radar."
Could be worst...imagine living in a state that doesn't allow any type of class 3 weapon.

I hate the wait, but I'm glad I can have something to wait for.
gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Post by gwendell »

WooD wrote:
calinb wrote:
<snip>
Could be worst...imagine living in a state that doesn't allow any type of class 3 weapon.

Good point WooD !!!!!!!!
tommy1005

Post by tommy1005 »

Silencerco Osprey 45
Sent 11/30/11
Check Cashed 12/7/11
Pending 12/16/11

Hopefully in 3-4 months I'll be able to pick it up and fondle it again. I did however hear, that wait times seemed to have jumped over night to closer to 5 months, so I'm not really holding my breath, just keeping fingers crossed.
nismo542
Silent Operator

Post by nismo542 »

tommy1005 wrote:Silencerco Osprey 45
Sent 11/30/11
Check Cashed 12/7/11
Pending 12/16/11

Hopefully in 3-4 months I'll be able to pick it up and fondle it again. I did however hear, that wait times seemed to have jumped over night to closer to 5 months, so I'm not really holding my breath, just keeping fingers crossed.
probably more like june. I have had one pending with jones since sept. 9 and nfatracker has her at ~140 days pending to approved. good thing is she seems to be one of the faster ones right now.

i called about another i just sent in and was quoted 6 months from pending.
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

nismo542 wrote:
Sent 11/30/11
Check Cashed 12/7/11
Pending 12/16/11

probably more like june. I have had one pending with jones since sept. 9 and nfatracker has her at ~140 days pending to approved. good thing is she seems to be one of the faster ones right now.

They always tell you 6 months.

Last spring I sent off a form 4, and it was 106 days from pending with Lamberger.

The ATF cashed 2 checks yesterday for a couple form 1's I sent. I'll call in about a month to see if their pending, and then wait. I'm in Florida, so I guess I'll have Lamberger again.
Sleeper362
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sleeper362 »

LWRCI PSD
Sent 12/23/11
Check Cashed 1/3/12
Pending:????
Examiner:?????

Hopefully will see this stamp and my M42K Stamp by June
tommy1005

Post by tommy1005 »

nismo542 wrote:
Sent 11/30/11
Check Cashed 12/7/11
Pending 12/16/11

I realize that's probably realistic, but with my son being due April 22nd, I sure would like to have a double present that month......first child and first can would make for a really fun month!!!!!!
nismo542
Silent Operator

Post by nismo542 »

tommy1005 wrote: I realize that's probably realistic, but with my son being due April 22nd, I sure would like to have a double present that month......first child and first can would make for a really fun month!!!!!!
Congrats!! I also am expecting a little one. Just sent a form1 in and both the baby and stamp will be here late July, at least the baby will be :D . I am sure I will have enough on my mind that I will be able to forget this one until it comes in, the stamp that is.

Still waiting on 2 stamps due hopefully late this month. The worst part isnt the wait for me, it is not knowing when approval comes. I was told by my dealer 90 days door-to-door as his best estimate, which is what it was then. At least a baby has 9 month firm date (or sooner). I wish stamps had a "due date."
calinb
Silent Operator

Post by calinb »

WooD wrote: Could be worst...imagine living in a state that doesn't allow any type of class 3 weapon.

I prefer to imagine living in a state (or no state) that doesn't restrict our liberty to own any sort of firearm!
LeftEyeMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by LeftEyeMike »

Just called for a status check and was told pending aug 11, waiting for review. The waiting for review is a new one, before they have always just said pending aug 11.

I wonder if im getting closer to the top of the pile.