Moving to New York?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Moving to New York?

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Mers at AAC who reportedly said of the reportedly impending move “don’t believe everything you read on the internet.”
Very true words - but a general statement. To the specific question of moving to NY, there is no direct denial.

Reminington has cleared the way to do silencer development in NY. They may very well want to move AAC closer to home. Should such a move take place I'm sure there will be a mass exodus of the major players at AAC that will not move to NY, no way, no how. Should such a thing happen the Remington will be left with the AAC name alone. That may very well be what they intended all along.

I've heard lots a talks about non-competition clauses and such. Many companies have such clauses in their contracts. However, it has been my experence that most are not enforceable. Right out of the box a non compete clause can not put a person into a position that they cannot work in their chosen field. That is where most of them get tossed out when challenged. There are other stipulations that must be followed in non compete clauses but the bottom line is this. The laws regarding non compete clauses (just like unemployment claims) are weighted VERY heavily in favor of the individual, not the company.
SilentMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by SilentMike »

The major thrust of the law change was not so that Remington could build silencers in NY, it was so they could simply have them for T&E. Prior to the change, Remington had to get a letter from the military (not the police, the military) that specified the item they needed for a demonstration, when it would arrive, and when it would be leaving. This made difficult any cooperative effort between Remington NY and AAC.
Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

I was the one who asked him. Trust me when I say that comment was in direct response to the question about whether or not AAC was moving to NY.

Could Remington move some people and start a production line in NY to streamline military orders? Sure. But moving the entire operation would make no sense at all.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I want to know how they made the correlation that letting go of Lynsey means AAC moves to New York.

I can play that game too, I lost a shoe last week, I'm going scuba diving. Snorkel! :roll:
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

JohnnyC wrote:I want to know how they made the correlation that letting go of Lynsey means AAC moves to New York.
That is what I wrote elsewhere. Bloggers should just report facts not start rumors.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

JohnnyC wrote:I want to know how they made the correlation that letting go of Lynsey means AAC moves to New York.

I can play that game too, I lost a shoe last week, I'm going scuba diving. Snorkel! :roll:
Truth
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

Employees will be the last ones to know anything that is really going on, in giant corporation life.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

SilentMike wrote:The major thrust of the law change was not so that Remington could build silencers in NY, it was so they could simply have them for T&E. Prior to the change, Remington had to get a letter from the military (not the police, the military) that specified the item they needed for a demonstration, when it would arrive, and when it would be leaving. This made difficult any cooperative effort between Remington NY and AAC.
Remington is not doing anyone an favors keeping that plant there. I would put money on them being able to get massive incentives in another state if they moved that plant simply because of the current economy. Local politicians would bend over backwards to get a big factory in their town. People really only learn something well through pain, and money and jobs lost are a politicians "pain". Give them some pain, move to a 2nd amendment friendly state. There are people all over the world that that can only dream of amazing guns rights being an easy day trips drive away. Sure, moving a factory or HQ isn't cheap but companies do it every day without going out of business.

I just don't get people or companies who stay in commie states and support that level of constitutional destruction.
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I'm not saying it won't happen. I just take issue with Gear Scout trying to correlate one persons departure to moving the entire company to a commie state. It's just irresponsible reporting in my mind, would they issue a retraction if it turns out to be false?
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

SilentMike wrote:With the exception of Jason, every single post in this thread is from the myopic position of the outside looking in. Yes, Kevin and Lynsey are gone. Despite their high profile, the two of them did not constitute the whole of AAC. The same talent pool of thinkers, dreamers, designers, and mad scientists that are responsible for 95% of all the AAC products you own and love, are all still in the house and working hard. AAC is an extremely succesful part of the FGI family. It would not make $ense to move the company or take any other action that would result in a loss of true talent.
:D
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
tctlrld
Silent But Deadly

Post by tctlrld »

SilentMike wrote:With the exception of Jason, every single post in this thread is from the myopic position of the outside looking in. Yes, Kevin and Lynsey are gone. Despite their high profile, the two of them did not constitute the whole of AAC. The same talent pool of thinkers, dreamers, designers, and mad scientists that are responsible for 95% of all the AAC products you own and love, are all still in the house and working hard. AAC is an extremely succesful part of the FGI family. It would not make $ense to move the company or take any other action that would result in a loss of true talent.
Anyone else catch this? Trying not to read too much into it. (Emphasis mine)
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

tctlrld wrote:
Anyone else catch this? Trying not to read too much into it. (Emphasis mine)
I'm not sure who SilentMike is, but if he's senior staff at AAC, it reads a little like he just inherited a silencer company :D joking of course.
BookHound
Silent But Deadly

Post by BookHound »

I know Mike personally and can't see him implying anything negative towards Kevin and/or Lynsey nor does he have a pompous, arrogant attitude. Mike is one of the most laid back, humble guys I know.

Mark
SC-Texas
Silent But Deadly

Post by SC-Texas »

BookHound wrote:I know Mike personally and can't see him implying anything negative towards Kevin and/or Lynsey nor does he have a pompous, arrogant attitude. Mike is one of the most laid back, humble guys I know.

Mark

What Mark Said . . .

Sean
http://www.TexasGunTrust.com

http://www.Houstonattorney.org

http://www.Atomiclabrat.com

Family and Criminal Law services in Houston, TX
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Mike Smith is a great guy. Everyone I met/know at AAC is good people, and I wish them all the best.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

paco ramirez wrote:Mike Smith is a great guy. Everyone I met/know at AAC is good people, and I wish them all the best.
Didn't you post in your drawings thread that you were taking a job there? I thought I read you worked for AAC now?
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

PM'd.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

paco ramirez wrote:PM'd.
intresting.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

66427vette wrote:
paco ramirez wrote:PM'd.
intresting.
Sent to you too. Anyone else who's curious PM me. No big deal.
hawzwood

Post by hawzwood »

Like I said before, AAC was more than the product. A lot more.

They've already cut "talent" for reasons unknown. It's a business in which it comes down to $'s.

They will do what they want. Either way, it will not be the AAC we knew and loved regardless of where they are located.

One piece at a time.

If they were smart, they would get out in front of this (and the rumor mill) and put the cards on the table IMO.

I wish all the best to those who remain. Good or bad, I'm sure there are people walking on pins and needles regardless of what they should say publicly.
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

But look at Apple now.

You could do worse than that....
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Man this sucks if it's true. I had an interview there last summer. Now I think I'm glad I didn't end up there. Sorry guys. It seemed like a very nice facility and very new, would be a shame for them to have to leave. I've always been proud of Georgia for having the political climate to foster a business like AAC and I was always proud of the guys at AAC for being here in Georgia. It just won't be the same if it say made in new york. Yuck
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Gear Scout has added to the article stating AAC is not moving to New York. I wouldnt worry about it.
Bargsbeer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bargsbeer »

paco ramirez wrote:Gear Scout has added to the article stating AAC is not moving to New York. I wouldnt worry about it.

OK, Lets say there not moving to NY (they probably aren't) Why the massive shake up in upper management?
I used the evil Quicken Will maker..... And my form 4 was approved
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

OK, Lets say there not moving to NY (they probably aren't) Why the massive shake up in upper management?
That is something the public will never know.