Threads on AP 80

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Rumnhammer

Threads on AP 80

Post by Rumnhammer »

Hi all, had a quick question. I have a Jager AP 80 (AK 22) and removed the barrel's thread protector for the first time yesterday. I'm considering suppressing it. I was wondering what the threads are on it, I was hoping they would be 1/2 x28 but I believe they are metric since the rifle was made in italy.

I had one person tell me they could be M12x 1.25 and after trying the thread protector with a tap that size, it threaded right on, however trying a die that size didn't want to start on the threads and I stopped because I didn't want to mess the barrel threading up. Since the protector threaded right on to the tap, is it a safe bet that is the correct threading?

Also if it is M12x 1.25 is that a common suppressor thread? if not could I get an adapter so I would be able to use a can with 1/2 x28 threads?

Chris Rummel
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Re: Threads on AP 80

Post by Kevin/AAC »

1/2-20tpi
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
Rumnhammer

Post by Rumnhammer »

Kevin thanks for replying, are you sure that is the thread for that rifle? and do they make adapters to use a can with 1/2x 28 threads?

Chris
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

As it is a European firearm I very much doubt that it would have an imperial thread on it (unless done in the US)

It would most likely be metric

I would drop into a local engineering shop they should be able to properly measure it for you (and likely make an adaptor)

Cheers
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most
Rumnhammer

Post by Rumnhammer »

I measured the outside diameter of the threads and it was .49 or 12mm. I was just wondering if Kevin got the thread from a source that listed the AP 80.

Chris
Rumnhammer

Post by Rumnhammer »

got a 1/2x 20 nut today to try out the fit. Went right on. perfect thanks Kevin. Really wanted it to be 1/2x28 but at least this is a common thread.

Chris Rummel