F/A HK sear pack on E-bay??

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

McLarenross
Silent But Deadly

F/A HK sear pack on E-bay??

Post by McLarenross »

I ran across this just now on ebay. I know very little about HKs other than the trigger pack is a registered NFA part in the F/A guns like a DIAS in an AR. Is this for real? If so think someone should clue him in?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220937775719
There are no "ex-Marines", just Marines who arent active anymore.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: F/A HK sear pack on E-bay??

Post by 66427vette »

Willing to bet there is no sear in there.
McLarenross
Silent But Deadly

Post by McLarenross »

Why do you say that?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

He knew what gun it came off of. He can not be that clueless to not know a sear is 13k now. If I cared or did not own 8 of them now I might contact him. :D
McLarenross
Silent But Deadly

Post by McLarenross »

Ok so the actual sear itself is the NFA part not the whole trigger part. More of a DIAS in an AR than a Norrell trigger group for a 10/22.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I am not familiar with the norrell packs. With the HK you can have a registered sear or registered receiver. The Hk sears do not just drop in like an ar .
m60mgman

Post by m60mgman »

l have a registered Fleming HK sear in a specially modified pack. The auto pack on the auction is a full auto pack, which has a different sear than in my pack. You can get a full auto sear for about $10. It can only be used in a full auto receiver. The pack you see can not be used in a semi auto rifle. It its not a controlled part and legal to own. More in hkpro.com.
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

I still shudder to think that there really is no straight-up hard and fast list of guidelines showing why H&K FCGs are registered items, and things like CETME packs (with autosear, selector, etc.) aren't.
RIP Dave. You will be missed.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

I have seen H&K f/a sears at gun shows for 80 bucks. They are not serialized and in the nfa books. They are what they are a part.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
trey_phish83
Silent But Deadly

Post by trey_phish83 »

it won't fit in a semi auto housing. it would only fit in a two pin registered receiver, which, is... registered.

the semi trigger packs have a big cut where the sear would be so it can't easily be converted to full auto.

unless you illegally modify that FA trigger pack to work with a semi housing, then your fine. its legal to own. just like having FA m16 trigger parts. you can have them, just don't have any extra holes in your receiver.

but i wouldn't own anything of the nature just for safety's sake.
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

66427vette wrote:Willing to bet there is no sear in there.

If you look you can see the sear.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Kramer wrote:

The sear is there its just a non transferable trigger pack, not a big deal at all, see them all the time, almost as much as those $2 HK 91 mags!

Not worth much either.
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

I must of missed the memo........
When did ebay figure out that they were loosing a ton of cash and reverse the ban on "banned" gun parts.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

twodollarbill wrote:I must of missed the memo........
When did ebay figure out that they were loosing a ton of cash and reverse the ban on "banned" gun parts.
You didn't miss the memo, if you notified Ebay about it I bet it will get pulled. They have always allowed some gun parts like stocks and grips and scopes etc... its the more evil stuff like killer trigger packs and barrels that you aren't supposed to sell.

By their terms he shouldn't be able to sell that, whether or not they find out before it sells or not is another issue.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Bendersquint wrote:
Kramer wrote:

The sear is there its just a non transferable trigger pack, not a big deal at all, see them all the time, almost as much as those $2 HK 91 mags!

Not worth much either.

That was my point it is just parts. Almost any gun show has at least one person selling them they can be had online to.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
SturmGrenadier
Senior Silent Operator

Post by SturmGrenadier »

There's registered trigger packs as well like the RDTS registered trigger pack I own.

I held out a long time until I found a reg trigger pack instead of just a reg sear.
It's nice just having to swap out hammer/spring and extractor between the 3 calibers it's registered in
instead of sending out semi trigger packs to get set up for a reg sear.
Bugzy
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bugzy »

trey_phish83 wrote:
just like having FA m16 trigger parts. you can have them, just don't have any extra holes in your receiver.
My understanding is that an AR can not have FA FCG. Just a FA carrier. If this where the case then a simple DIAS and a low shelf would be the only missing part of the machine gun puzzle, without having to drill for the auto sear pin.

Registered transferable parts (AR-15/M-16 specific)
(RR) = All the FA FCG parts and pinned auto sear.
(DIAS) = Requires FA FCG and low shelf.
(LL) = Anything with an SP-1 BCG and low shelf.

I believe an AK can have FA FCG, you just can't drill the sear pin hole. I think the receiver is the registered part when drilled for the auto sear. Of course, with the FA FCG in a semi, some may experience trigger slap. (Disconnector tail bouncing off the trigger guard rivet head?) Not sure about the cause of the trigger slap.

Maybe Bendersquint can clarify some of this.
m60mgman

Post by m60mgman »

SturmGrenadier wrote:There's registered trigger packs as well like the RDTS registered trigger pack I own.

I held out a long time until I found a reg trigger pack instead of just a reg sear.
It's nice just having to swap out hammer/spring and extractor between the 3 calibers it's registered in
instead of sending out semi trigger packs to get set up for a reg sear.
I have a registered Fleming HK sear, it came in a pack already installed in a gun. So I didn't have to have it installed in a pack. If you have it done by a good smith it costs about $500. You can also move the sear (gunsmith would really have to do it) or have it installed into an ambidextrous or burst pack, a minor positive for some. My sear has thousands of rounds through it and it shows very little wear at all. If it were to break or wear out in some way then I could have it repaired by someone like m60joe. I have not seen much in the way of reports of HK sear breakage.

The major advantage of a registered pack of the DLO type is that all the parts in it are factory so they can be replaced with cheap, readily available parts which you can have sitting around as spares. No need for a modified trip lever or re-timed hammer, which is needed for a registered sear. I wonder, though, how many folks would like to have their registered trigger pack cut on to allow certain ejector levers like for the HK21e?
Whether it is worth the additional $2000 to $3000 for a pack vs a sear, it is like anything else, depends on your needs and preferences.
trey_phish83
Silent But Deadly

Post by trey_phish83 »

a FCG wouldn't go full auto without the sear hole. there is nothing for the bolt carrier to engage with, in order for the dis connector to work properly. the sear taps the disconnector that lets go of the hammer to fire the weapon. the LL only mimics the sear in a way. it does not need full auto control groups, you simply drop it in a low self semi lower with a sp1 type bolt and it will be full auto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDWVYYJN_2Q
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Bugzy
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bugzy »

trey_phish83 wrote:a FCG wouldn't go full auto without the sear hole.
Yes it will...

That's what a (DIAS) "drop in auto sear" does. You don't need a hole in the receiver. Just FA FCG, low shelf, and a M-16 bolt carrier. The DIAS is designed to place the sear in the same location as a pinned unit. The carrier trips them in the same way.

A LL is a piece of cake.....without any left over parts. 8) Hack saw blade and 20min...DONE!
trey_phish83
Silent But Deadly

Post by trey_phish83 »

Like I stated before, a full auto control group, won't go full auto.
Without the sear.....

With out the sear. Sear the out with.

Pin, block, lightning link, are the sear.

No sear......no full.

Dumbass
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Anything CAN be done if you have time to figure it out. The problem lies in what can be done LEGALLY. If there was no legal limitations on such things we would have all kinds of things to play with. Given the internet and the exchange of information we have now the possibilities would be out there...

Clint Smith
Bugzy
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bugzy »

trey_phish83 wrote:Like I stated before, a full auto control group, won't go full auto.
Without the sear.....

With out the sear. Sear the out with.

Pin, block, lightning link, are the sear.

No sear......no full.

Dumbass
Your previous comment stated that a hole was necessary. Not true.

Read this, ain't got no stinking hole in the receiver...http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/dias.html

(Drop in auto sear) The sear is in the same location as a pinned sear, without a hole in the receiver. The carrier trips it at about the same location as a pinned sear. Some adjustment for timing my be necessary.

Holeless and pinless.

This one has a hole and yee ole pin in it.

You can lead a horse to water, but ya can't make him drink....

Your welcome!!!
Last edited by Bugzy on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bugzy
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bugzy »

Pardon the thread jack "McLarenross" just had to make my point clear.
trey_phish83
Silent But Deadly

Post by trey_phish83 »

Bugzy wrote:Pardon the thread jack "McLarenross" just had to make my point clear.
Your dumb.

Point being, full auto control group alone does not make the weapon full auto.