NFA TRUST Turnaround time

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

julietvictor

Re: NFA TRUST Turnaround time

Post by julietvictor »

I did my trust back in June 2011. Sent off my first form 1 a week later, mid June. My dealer did two Form 3's for Gemtech cans at the same time. The Form 3's got approved and we sent off the Form 4's. The Form 4's went pending 8/1 and the Form 1 went pending 8/19. I got the Form 4's back on 12/16 and I am still waiting on the darn Form 1. It has almost been seven months since I sent it in and five months since pending. Mine are on a NFA Trust. I have to say, in my personal experience, it is NOT any faster. But, I also sent in the forms around the time of the NFA Branch reorganization. I am about to send off two more Form 1's. Hopefully those wont take as long...
trigger96

Post by trigger96 »

This is my second set since 2009 on a trust, I sent out form 1 & 4 on approx 05/11, they went pending on 08/11 and finally came back approved on 12/11 so 5 months after they were pending.
The more you hold us down the more we press on...
Creed
jcsparky
Silent Operator

Post by jcsparky »

trigger96 wrote:This is my second set since 2009 on a trust, I sent out form 1 & 4 on approx 05/11, they went pending on 08/11 and finally came back approved on 12/11 so 5 months after they were pending.
How do you know when they went pending?
My class 3 dealer hasn't seen ANYTHING in 60days.. ?
HALO, G5, OBIID, SF762K, AACSDN6
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jcsparky wrote:
trigger96 wrote:This is my second set since 2009 on a trust, I sent out form 1 & 4 on approx 05/11, they went pending on 08/11 and finally came back approved on 12/11 so 5 months after they were pending.
You have to call the NFA branch and give them your serial number.

60 days? Thats nothing, keep waiting at least double if not closer to triple the time waited! 5 months from when it goes pending is about average.
jcsparky
Silent Operator

Post by jcsparky »

Bendersquint wrote:
jcsparky wrote:
You have to call the NFA branch and give them your serial number.

60 days? Thats nothing, keep waiting at least double if not closer to triple the time waited! 5 months from when it goes pending is about average.
Actually I sent 4 form 4's in October, My dealer hasn't seen anything from the BATFE for anybody in 60days>>/
HALO, G5, OBIID, SF762K, AACSDN6
calinb
Silent Operator

Post by calinb »

In the interest of keeping my two From 1 applications turnaround time to a minimum, I'd like to confirm that, although my wife and I are both Grantors and Trustees, only I need to file a Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(b), (5330.20).

Also, given that I fully expect the bureaucrats to have my application for one year or more before approval (delays are increasing rapidly) and I also expect to move within six to twelve months to another silencer-friendly state, what must I do to not suffer additional delays and ensure that my stamp is sent to my new address (address unknown at this point)?

Hopefully, I will get my permission slip before I die. ;) At any rate, approval times are taking a significant portion of many citizens' remaining lifetime to obtain!

Thanks for the help,

-Cal
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Post by rat_dogratty »

I got a Trust form 4 back today. Sent 8/2/11 Pending 8/14? Got back approved at dealer 2/1/12.

To the guys worried about not hearing anything for 60+ days. You WON'T hear anything till it comes back to your dealer (approved or not). The pending date doesn't matter. It just means that after 5 or 6 months we get impatient and call the NFA branch to make sure its not lost.

NO need to bother them for at least 6 months now.
Brittsc
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Brittsc »

I think you should call within a month if you don't pay with a personal check because... My friend called to check his status after a few months and they had never received his applications. So he had to start all over months behind. Seems my dealer had sent off a handful of forms for people at one time and the entire mail bag got lost. This is what USPS told him. My friend didn't pay BATFE with a personal check so he didn't get to see if it cleared. Just a thought. I pay with a personal check, so I know if and when it clears.

Britt,
SC
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Post by rat_dogratty »

personal check is the way to go.
P Henry

Post by P Henry »

rat_dogratty wrote:personal check is the way to go.
+1. I never understood why some people insisted on using USPS MOs. It is not like waiting for a check to clear is holding up the process (we wish) or that they don't know where the applicant lives.
47_MasoN_47
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 47_MasoN_47 »

I wish they'd just take debit card. I haven't written a check in 6 years.
Check out my YouTube channel below!
http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
julietvictor

Post by julietvictor »

julietvictor wrote:I did my trust back in June 2011. Sent off my first form 1 a week later, mid June. My dealer did two Form 3's for Gemtech cans at the same time. The Form 3's got approved and we sent off the Form 4's. The Form 4's went pending 8/1 and the Form 1 went pending 8/19. I got the Form 4's back on 12/16 and I am still waiting on the darn Form 1. It has almost been seven months since I sent it in and five months since pending. Mine are on a NFA Trust. I have to say, in my personal experience, it is NOT any faster. But, I also sent in the forms around the time of the NFA Branch reorganization. I am about to send off two more Form 1's. Hopefully those wont take as long...
I just got my SBR Form 1 back on 01/30/2012. That was a long time! I sent in two more Form 1's. the check was cashed within a week. Now I will just sit back, relax, and try not to think about them too much.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

jcsparky wrote:This is my Second go around.
First one was just a single form 4.
However the CLEO's decided to charge $150 for their signatue plus the $200 stamp..

SO this time I had a trust drawn up and sent (4) form 4's.
I don't remember being too long last year, but I forget sometimes too.

So yes, No fingerprints and no CLEO signoff.. (-$150) thank you very much.. LOL :mrgreen:

Last I heard was 3-4 months.. so won't make Christmas :cry:

Thanks BenderSquint.

Wow, I walked into my Sheriff's office and asked if he was familiar with the F4, he said yes. He started looking it over and his phone rang. He answered the phone and then just signed and said have a nice day. Prints were free.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K