"something you would see in a spy movie."

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

1mile50
Silent Operator

"something you would see in a spy movie."

Post by 1mile50 »

It's a safe bet that my getting a Trust was no waste of time.

NEW PORT RICHEY --
An early morning drug raid led to four arrests Friday and the confiscation of a cache of firearms that included assault weapons, handguns and at least one pistol with a silencer that a Pasco sheriff's lieutenant likened to "something you would see in a spy movie."

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/ ... ar-357482/
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Re: "something you would see in a spy movie."

Post by Ben B. »

I like that. Reporter could have added: "The weapons appeared as military-looking as the type owned & used by the Sheriff's Department. Several deputies were excited by the prospect to finger F--k & shoot these items, braying & cooing like you might see Roscoe do in a Dukes of Hazard episode."
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.
Thomas Jefferson

USPSA FY60903...B-class SS, B-class L10, B-class Prod.
IDPA A30195...Expert CDP, Master SSP
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

"These are not sporting weapons here," Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco said. "These are weapons used to kill people."

Well that is a stupid statement. Whom did they kill.. How does he know they did not shoot targets with them???
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

It would be interestig to know if the druggie obtained the silencer legally.
If not then how? was it a home brew? Stolen?
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I see a SCAR and some 5-7 ammo.

"These are not sporting weapons here"

But the ammo says it is "Sporting."

doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

One article says "assault rifles and machine guns whose rounds could easily penetrate officer's vests" so I'm guessing they checked and some of the guns are full auto capable?

"Enough to start a small coup and take over Newport Richey"
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

I like the guys in the background with the masks on. :roll:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Bargsbeer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bargsbeer »

I live about 45 minutes from New Port Richy, This Sheriff Nocco is a douche bag media whore.

Also for all we know the so called Silencer could easily be a "Potato" "Oil filter" or "soda bottle"
I used the evil Quicken Will maker..... And my form 4 was approved
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

continuity wrote:I like the guys in the background with the masks on. :roll:
The one on the left is me.
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

I see a semi-automatic version of the Tommy Gun. Not a machinegun unless modified internally.
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Adam, what is going on down there?
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

Lt. Chuck Balderstone, supervisor of the vice and narcotics unit, said the sheriff's office anticipated finding weapons, but had no idea there would be such a large collection.

"I think there's enough here to start a small coup and take over New Port Richey," he said.

Who the F--k would want it? Especially if 49 guns is all it takes to overthrow the township???? Doesn't say much for that sherriff's office. :roll:
America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Bone 16, Asshat at large, OUT!
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

1mile50 wrote:It's a safe bet that my getting a Trust was no waste of time.
Seems a pretty big stretch, the weapons were sized in a drug raid. We also don't know if the silencer was registered or if it's even real. I don't see any reason to think the raid had anything to do with a legally registered silencer based on that story.
1mile50
Silent Operator

Post by 1mile50 »

-k- wrote:
1mile50 wrote:It's a safe bet that my getting a Trust was no waste of time.
Seems a pretty big stretch, the weapons were sized in a drug raid. We also don't know if the silencer was registered or if it's even real. I don't see any reason to think the raid had anything to do with a legally registered silencer based on that story.

No stretch at all. Pasco county LEO signoffs have always been rare, mostly done for AOWs. My point being, due to the comment of the Lieutenant, this Sheriff's administration has very little familiarity with the NFA, suppressors being denoted as "Something you would see in a spy movie" included. So by having a Trust, I avoid going to the LEO, hat in hand, only to be probably rejected.
Now Polk County, that's a different story. Word is, LEO signoffs are no problem. They will toss your ass in jail for firecrackers, though.

As to the LEO signoff going away as some else mentioned, when is that happening? This year, or next year after the election? We have been experiencing Presidential Politics, ala Chicago Lite. If the wrong man wins again, we all may feel like we are living in the Windy City.
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

I thought you might have been worried about being the target of a raid, not expecting a sign off makes more sense.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

700PSS wrote:Adam, what is going on down there?

Hey man, I havent been on ST in awhile. :oops:

Actually this happened about 20min from where I live. But I work in that area. My neighbor is a UC and was there. I don't get the ignorant comments about the covering of the faces in the media picture. Those guys are UC narcotics agents and my friends. Show some fucking respect people. :evil: These guys are up all night just as I am taking out the trash of society. They take the dealers to jail and I take the druggies to the hospital when they OD. And they wouldn't be much of a UC if every dealer in the area saw them on the 6 O'clock news....yes drug dealers watch the news closely.

This was just a normal bust and the asshat dealer had a stash of weapons. Many of them were all semi-auto but I think he had a FA Mac(illegally converted or stolen) As for the sherrif, yes this was a publicity act but he's still a better sherrif than our last asshole. At least he is changing the dept's old habits and going foward. He is working with our dept to get SWAT medics on board. They are working out the logistics as I type and we have already have had interagency meetings. We have about 25 Firefighters out of 400 including myself that want to be in the program. The sherrif will be sending us to SWAT school, tactical medic school, and set us up with 5K in gear and armor each. So hes not that much of an asshole, hes a good guy trying to change the thinking of an old-school dept :wink:
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Fireman1291 wrote:... I don't get the ignorant comments about the covering of the faces in the media picture.

Just wondering what the purpose of having the hooded officers/deputies in the picture is? If they're that deep UC then keep the cameras away from them. You don't think the probable hooded female with the red tag on her hat isn't gonna be body language recognizable on the street? If it's that important to have posers, let the public see who is authorized to project force as a part of their communities fight on crime.
Fireman1291 wrote:He is working with our dept to get SWAT medics on board. They are working out the logistics as I type and we have already have had interagency meetings. We have about 25 Firefighters out of 400 including myself that want to be in the program. The sherrif will be sending us to SWAT school, tactical medic school, and set us up with 5K in gear and armor each. So hes not that much of an asshole...
I'm sure it's not your intent, but some might read this as someone that wants to be "impotant". Does your jurisdiction really need 25 SWAT medics? How many callouts does the office have? For what kind of incidents? Sending the SWAT team out to apprehend felonious jaywalking potheads might be on the extreme side.
Fireman1291 wrote:hes a good guy trying to change the thinking of an old-school dept :wink:
Old school dept.? Huh?, " :wink: ", what's that mean? A more militaristic office is what your area needs?

Not intending to flame you. Just sensitive to the fact that it's harder to be the good guys. If you're a good guy, LOOK like a good guy. When the good guys start looking, acting, and operating like the bad guys, it becomes very hard to tell the difference.

Troll disclaimer: I wear LEO uniform, sans the mask, when I go to work. If I'm told to wear one to conceal my identity while on duty, I'll be filling out applications for another office.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Fireman1291 wrote:The sherrif will be sending us to SWAT school, tactical medic school, and set us up with 5K in gear and armor each. So hes not that much of an asshole, hes a good guy trying to change the thinking of an old-school dept :wink:
Sounds as though you're gonna be like a kid in a candy store. This is not the first time we've heard of the Sheriff in the news here. He comes across as being anti-gun and especially anti-NFA. I hope you can influence those views in a positive way for us all.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Our area is full of pill heads and meth heads. The sherrif dept has their hands full with multiple no knock warrants a week. Not to mention the occasional nut job holed up in his home. The SWAT team is VERY busy. And 25 swat medics is nothing. We work 24 on 48 off, so the medics need to be from all three of our shifts so we can split the on call work load. Additionally as of now since they don't utilize medics they have one of our rescues on standby for every swat callout. I've been on a couple and they roll with at least 20-25 guys per hit. So yeah...25 swat medics is nothing, and besides thats just who's interested. Only half will go through and make it through swat school.

And without UC, law enforcement would hit a dead end in the war on drugs. Why are you so against a mask if your working vice?

And its not overkill. I don't know how it is where your from but I'm not proud to say I have to wakeup to the morning news talking about a local cop thats been shot. The crime is real down here....so they hit em fuckin hard when they do.

continuity wrote:
Fireman1291 wrote:... I don't get the ignorant comments about the covering of the faces in the media picture.

Just wondering what the purpose of having the hooded officers/deputies in the picture is? If they're that deep UC then keep the cameras away from them. You don't think the probable hooded female with the red tag on her hat isn't gonna be body language recognizable on the street? If it's that important to have posers, let the public see who is authorized to project force as a part of their communities fight on crime.
Fireman1291 wrote:He is working with our dept to get SWAT medics on board. They are working out the logistics as I type and we have already have had interagency meetings. We have about 25 Firefighters out of 400 including myself that want to be in the program. The sherrif will be sending us to SWAT school, tactical medic school, and set us up with 5K in gear and armor each. So hes not that much of an asshole...
I'm sure it's not your intent, but some might read this as someone that wants to be "impotant". Does your jurisdiction really need 25 SWAT medics? How many callouts does the office have? For what kind of incidents? Sending the SWAT team out to apprehend felonious jaywalking potheads might be on the extreme side.
Fireman1291 wrote:hes a good guy trying to change the thinking of an old-school dept :wink:
Old school dept.? Huh?, " :wink: ", what's that mean? A more militaristic office is what your area needs?

Not intending to flame you. Just sensitive to the fact that it's harder to be the good guys. If you're a good guy, LOOK like a good guy. When the good guys start looking, acting, and operating like the bad guys, it becomes very hard to tell the difference.

Troll disclaimer: I wear LEO uniform, sans the mask, when I go to work. If I'm told to wear one to conceal my identity while on duty, I'll be filling out applications for another office.
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
atilliar
Silent Operator

Post by atilliar »

Crime is real every where. (I also wore the uniform) But, continuity is right. Turning a police dept into a military unit is not the answer. The cause unnecessary damage to property and tend to act as if everything is the Miami shoot out. A lot of their call out could be solved with a simple knock on the door. That's a fact. And no knock warrants are very stupid and unnecessarily dangerous. That is how officers get killed. Most agencies no longer do them because of that. After all how would you react if armed thugs broke into your home wearing all black with masks on without telling you they are cops?
"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock
M4-1000
Eco 9
Omega
SBR
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

Fireman1291 wrote:... and they roll with at least 20-25 guys per hit.
They actually call it a "hit"?

Hit:
noun
• a murder-for-hire; "contract killing".
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

It is stupid, really stupid, to have your UC in the pictures even if they wear a mask. In fact I would say it shows the departments true colors. Are they really interested in fighting crime? Perhaps the truth is they are more interested in doing everything they can to maintain their own budget and garner as much media exposure as possible. THAT is their obejctive here. That and their own pride. Crime fighting is secondary. Even the guys comments read like it. Crime fighting is posbbily the third or fourth thing on the guys mind.

They might be "cool" in your eyes now that they consider you for some kind of SWAT training, but their actions speak louder than their words. Furthermore, it seems to me now that you have been "touched by the SWAT angel" you are no longer and unbiased observer. You have bought in.

These three comments begin to show the bias:
ignorant comments
fucking respect people
than our last asshole
-----
Ick
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

smcharchan wrote:
Fireman1291 wrote:... and they roll with at least 20-25 guys per hit.
They actually call it a "hit"?

Hit:
noun
• a murder-for-hire; "contract killing".
As usual, with very little articulation, your input impact is huge.

Good to see you're still around bro. The coffee offer still stands.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

ick wrote:...

These three comments begin to show the bias:
ignorant comments
fucking respect people
than our last asshole
Nail on the head type stuff.