Buying more guns. . .

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Buying more guns. . .

Post by nice shot »

This web site is amazing at logging me off when I click on submit post. . . .

So anyways. Im selling one of the 2 AK's I have. Im deciding to jump on the 300BLK bandwagon and see how long the ride lasts.

I've found a few good deals. I also found some info on some of the cheaper uppers and how they dont do well with the 220 gr subs.

Can anyone recommend a 300 upper thats not a bank buster, that will cycle the subs? Also, Im not looking for an SBR, I dont feel like going through all that right now... just a regular old 16" threaded abrrel will be fine.

I've got the lower, and Im basically planning on not finding one at the gun show this weekend. . . so looking to buy online. Anyone wanna share some links?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/892556 ... er-pre-ban - this looks like its gonna be the winner unless someone posts up something better.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/678190 ... er-pre-ban
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
JDrin

Re: Buying more guns. . .

Post by JDrin »

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/index.php

check out the New Product Announcements page.

a wealth of info for your 300blk needs
JDrin

Post by JDrin »

and I just saw this update on my FB from PSA

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... upper.html
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Post by nice shot »

Good lookin out bro.

Still likin the one from midway more than PSA. Whats your opinion?
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
JDrin

Post by JDrin »

my opinion? reserved.

disclaimer: I have yet to dive into 300blk. I am ether doing a form1 on one of my lowers or going to try and grab a SBR from AAC (undecided). I have a can in the mail for it (SDN-6), I guess I have 6 months to figure out what the industry is doing.

from what I gather, there is a push for 1/7 twist, looks like a few shops are going this rout but no clarification as to why. the 1/8 has been getting good reviews with up to 220gr subs. I can only speculate that there may be something in the works for a heavy-er or longer round....but idk?

data, data, I love data. I lurked around here for the past year just reading. I'm the guy that it takes me 4 months to buy a camera. I am not good at the "this is what you should get" game as I think we all have differing parameters of use.

http://www.300blktalk.com is the best source of info for this that I have found, with limited asshatery

also
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/category ... Groups-202
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

My oldest son has shown some interest in the 300 by asking me what I've thought of it.
I told him that I'm too old :lol: to add another caliber to my stockpile.
I'm content with these oldies....22lr - 9mm - 45acp - 5.56mm - 7.62mm
I told him to go for it, as I think the round is sweet, but don't look for me to
start stockpiling any, as much as he'd like me to pay for his supply. :lol:
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Post by nice shot »

twodollarbill wrote:My oldest son has shown some interest in the 300 by asking me what I've thought of it.
I told him that I'm too old :lol: to add another caliber to my stockpile.
I'm content with these oldies....22lr - 9mm - 45acp - 5.56mm - 7.62mm
I told him to go for it, as I think the round is sweet, but don't look for me to
start stockpiling any, as much as he'd like me to pay for his supply. :lol:

nice.

Im currently stockpiling .22LR, 9mm, 40SW, .223/5.56 (I got a wylde chamber) 7.62x39, 12 ga slug and 00, .243, and decided 300blk would be great too since I just found an infinite supply of .223 once fired brass.

Plus my father in law just gave me a top of the line reloading machine, so Ill be making my own 12 ga, .223, .243 and 300 when I get the dies for the blk.

I wanna get the 12 ga simply because all the hulls are free, plus I can use the powder to make subs for .223 and 300. . . .

If you and your son want a hobby together, maybe reloading would work for yall. I think thats the route Im going with the subs for the 300
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Don't overlook the CMMG barrels..I grabbed on from Midway for my Blackout assembly for 200 bucks..I just changed the lower to a Lancer as well as the handguard..

The Lancer Lowers kick ass!!!! I love dropping the bolt with just my right finger..extend right above the trigger and bam...rock and roll time..Point being with what you save on a complete upper you can get yourself a sexy new lower..I've got big plans for this one..Just did this one Saturday..

If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

JDrin wrote:and I just saw this update on my FB from PSA

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... upper.html
This is the way to go! :P I believe this is the same as getting a Noveske barrel but cheaper! PSA are good people too!

Thanks for the tip! I was hoping they start selling these fine barrels in 300BLK! I just ordered a stripped 300 barrel for my next build. :P

To the OP,, DSA is selling uppers starting at $320 but what they do to peoples is charge them THEN tell them it back ordered and if you order a small part with it they send it with the FULL shipping charge to keep you committed! This is BS! :cry:

Get the PSA upper! Much better than CMMG, just look at the specs and no Noveske smoking crack price. :D
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
JDrin

Post by JDrin »

below is a post from PSA:

PSA 16" 300 AAC, Hammer Forged, Chrome-lined Upper

As low as: $459.95
Price as configured: $557.90

Details

Barrel: A proprietary blend of Hammer forged chrome molly vanadium made by FN that is referred to as "Machine Gun Steel" by virtue of its use in FN's M249 and M240 weapons. The hammer forging process work hardens the steel, making it more durable. In addition, the chrome process for the bore allows for a lining almost twice as thick as a standard M16 for enhanced durability. 16" length, 300 AAC chamber with a 1:8 twist, MPI & HPT, chrome-lined, carbine-length gas port, and M4 feedramps. Barrels are finished off with a taper pinned, f-marked, front sight post, standard handguards, and an A2 flash hider.

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is made to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, and a mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer, and are marked with the Palmetto State Armory logo on the left side, up front, just below the rail.

Bolt: Bolt is made of Mil-spec Carpenter 158 steel, Shot peened, and MPI. Gas key is secured with grade 8 fasteners and staked per mil-spec. Bolt carrier is parkerized outside, chrome lined inside, and laser engraved with the Palmetto State Armory logo

Each upper is assembled to order with care, and test fired.

*Please allow up to 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility. Holiday and special lead times can be longer*

Shipping labels are created shortly after orders are placed. Shipping labels update when the product leaves our facility and are en route to their destination. You will be emailed tracking information when the order leaves our facility, however if you receive one shortly after you place your order and it remains dormant, don’t be alarmed. Your tracking information will be updated when it leaves our facility and is still subject to the aforementioned lead time. If your tracking number goes beyond the listed lead time please get in contact with us via email or phone and we will look into your issue.

Signature required on delivery.

Click HERE To Order!
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Well good for you OP. It only took you a month or two to go from "how does an AK sound suppressed" to "where can I find subsonic AK ammo" to "why is 300blm better?" to "Buying a 300blk". Congrats, most people heading down the wrong path take longer to correct.

PSA is probably fine. Personally, I wouldn't look at anything but AAC or Noveske, that's just me though. I would avoid CMMG at all costs. A LOT all of the complaints at 300blktalk have to do with CMMG guns, barrels or ammo. They didn't just copy AAC barrels and port sizes and I really can't imagine why not.

I would get an entire AAC upper and have he warranty and KAC rail. The only issue being the KAC rail is not user serviceable, requires a $260 tool, I hate KAC for stupid things like that. Noveske uppers seem good to go, AAC barrels seem a little expensive but definitely won't give you any issues. Do a lot of research and of you go with someone else, try and find someone who can clone well.

Also, I didn't see PSA was hammer forged. I would go with that of I couldn't get AAC's 5R 1:7 Melonite coated barrel. Eh, it's not like you're going to wear out a Noveske though.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

este wrote:Well good for you OP. It only took you a month or two to go from "how does an AK sound suppressed" to "where can I find subsonic AK ammo" to "why is 300blm better?" to "Buying a 300blk". Congrats, most people heading down the wrong path take longer to correct.

PSA is probably fine. Personally, I wouldn't look at anything but AAC or Noveske, that's just me though. I would avoid CMMG at all costs. A LOT all of the complaints at 300blktalk have to do with CMMG guns, barrels or ammo. They didn't just copy AAC barrels and port sizes and I really can't imagine why not.

I would get an entire AAC upper and have he warranty and KAC rail. The only issue being the KAC rail is not user serviceable, requires a $260 tool, I hate KAC for stupid things like that. Noveske uppers seem good to go, AAC barrels seem a little expensive but definitely won't give you any issues. Do a lot of research and of you go with someone else, try and find someone who can clone well.

Also, I didn't see PSA was hammer forged. I would go with that of I couldn't get AAC's 5R 1:7 Melonite coated barrel. Eh, it's not like you're going to wear out a Noveske though.
Yes, you don't know about PSA. :lol: The FN Barrel is hammer forged double crome lined machine gun steel,,,THE SAME as Noveske only difference is they no over charge you and make you bend over! :cry:

they been selling them in .556 for some time now in all rifle size and weight. I only wish they had the light weight 300 barrels out in 14.7" but I sure they will once they see how good sales are in 300. The barrel they have now is heavy under the hand guard for heat.

AAC is over priced for what you get and you better buying a 2012 Troy Alfa rail that fits your barrel nut rather than something stupid $$$ and not interchangeable! Cut your FSP or put on adjustable block and save huge for better quality.

My 2 cents.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Post by nice shot »

este wrote:Well good for you OP. It only took you a month or two to go from "how does an AK sound suppressed" to "where can I find subsonic AK ammo" to "why is 300blm better?" to "Buying a 300blk". Congrats, most people heading down the wrong path take longer to correct.

Ironically, you of all people would have been impressed with this new AK. We did a test on it this weekend. FLAWLESS. Im keeping the AK, but after looking at the 300 and the potential, plus my unlimited supply of brass. . . its a no brainer.

Ill check out the others listed on here. That beign said, Im in no position to purchase all the tools and get the know how to complete an upper. I would prefer to buy an entire upper +BCG and be done.
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)