10/22 SD.. need more info

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

imyomama
Silent But Deadly

10/22 SD.. need more info

Post by imyomama »

I see the compete gun is now in the catalog for 2012.

when will the barrel be available ? I already have a 10/22 that i'm running a thread on can and subs .. but it should be nice to have one that runs everything quiet...

ETA please ????

-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Re: 10/22 SD.. need more info

Post by Greg Kulbick »

Two weeks.
www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

Greg Kulbick wrote:Two weeks.
is that for real ? or you guessing ?

also price ?
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

Greg Kulbick wrote:Two weeks.
now that is some funny s--t right there :lol:
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

imyomama wrote:Image
imyomama - excuse the smart-ass comment about AAC product release. I've given up on anything actually showing up until the distributor or manufacturer says they physically have my item in their possession and it's going to fulfillment. i've waited 6 months for stuff that is supposed to be a stocking production item from manufacturers. after the check clears, it's "oh, we just sold the last one but we've got another batch queued up for 2 weeks from now" dream on...

in less bitter news - that's a nice rifle in the pic above. Can you advise who makes the stock and what the mechanism is around the trigger guard/under the magazine well? Also - looks like very nice camo job - who did it?
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

I did the camo job myself , the trigger is a totally adjustable electronic trigger, basically a mouse click. it goes down to 2 ounces or so with no pre or over travel.. you can fire like 15 rounds a second if you can click it fast enough... or you can shoot slow and accurate....
the stock was made by boyd.

the trigger group is simply the most high tech best trigger you can get for a 10/22 , but it's expensive, custom made of course and $500 ....

you can look it up on rimfire central if you want one.. it's exotic, but pretty much bas ass... I just had to have one, just because...

kinda like I have to have a AAC integral to go with it...
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

camo job looks awesome, congrats. thanks for heads up on the trigger module, I had never seen one of those before.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

imyomama wrote:I did the camo job myself , the trigger is a totally adjustable electronic trigger, basically a mouse click. it goes down to 2 ounces or so with no pre or over travel.. you can fire like 15 rounds a second if you can click it fast enough... or you can shoot slow and accurate....

the trigger group is simply the most high tech best trigger you can get for a 10/22 , but it's expensive, custom made of course and $500 ....

you can look it up on rimfire central if you want one.. it's exotic, but pretty much bas ass... I just had to have one, just because...

I wonder what the ATF thinks about that, they have rulings on servo or electronic fired weapons as no-no's since its too easily modified into a burst trigger.

Do you have any specs on the trigger like where to get it etc? Would love to make on a PDS.
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

Bendersquint wrote:
imyomama wrote:I did the camo job myself , the trigger is a totally adjustable electronic trigger, basically a mouse click. it goes down to 2 ounces or so with no pre or over travel.. you can fire like 15 rounds a second if you can click it fast enough... or you can shoot slow and accurate....

I wonder what the ATF thinks about that, they have rulings on servo or electronic fired weapons as no-no's since its too easily modified into a burst trigger.

Do you have any specs on the trigger like where to get it etc? Would love to make on a PDS.
Here is a link for an email to order the trigger:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... tcount=350

Here is a link to the long thread:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=317395
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

$500 for a trigger? Someone is smoking something, I guess he who makes the products determines the pricing. He would sell a ton more if they were $250 apiece, like a KIDD or something.

So much for the PDS, I can buy a real one for cheaper. Oh well, thanks for the information.
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

That's a huge ass trigger. Being electronics I wonder how well it would hold up with larger recoil. I can possibly see some interest in that in a bullpup design, but not at that cost (at least for me), and not at that size.
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

Bendersquint wrote:Someone is smoking something
had to laugh - i say the same thing every time i see an ad on sturmgewehr where someone is selling a 416 upper for $4500... i guess everything comes down to personal priorities.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

I love a good 10/22 mod/ custom part but I would pass on this one if it was 100 bucks. That thing is huge.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

to each his own I guess... yes it's expensive, yes it's kinda big (but it looks cool I think)...

but ultimately, it feels like the trigger on a $2k target gun ... I don't know too many 10/22 triggers that can claim 2 ounce triggers with no pre-travel and no over travel.

it's like taking a drive in a porshe panamera ... some people don't get it , some people think it's ugly , and expensive... but everyone who has driven one think it's just pure awesome!

this trigger is just that .. it has no equals!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

imyomama wrote:to each his own I guess... yes it's expensive, yes it's kinda big (but it looks cool I think)...

but ultimately, it feels like the trigger on a $2k target gun ... I don't know too many 10/22 triggers that can claim 2 ounce triggers with no pre-travel and no over travel.

it's like taking a drive in a porshe panamera ... some people don't get it , some people think it's ugly , and expensive... but everyone who has driven one think it's just pure awesome!

this trigger is just that .. it has no equals!
Kinda like putting a McLaren engine in a VW Thing. Sure its nice but when the trigger alone is 2 times the cost of a new 10/22 and 3 or 4 times the cost of a used one seems a bit much to me. It won't shoot like a $2K target gun so it seems excessive to me.

Now on an Anschutz or a Walther2000or a PSG1 thats another story but its still just a 10/22!

It is also odd how it is legal(but, a similar pack was made 5 or 6 years ago for the AR15 and it was ruled as a post dealer sample because the firing rate could be adjusted and if tweaked it could fire full auto.

Just my thoughts. I would gladly buy one if it were about half the price as it would be fun to turn into a post dealer sample.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

I have seen many triggers and trigger work done a 10/22's. I have a Timney in one of mine that I love. The problem with this one is that it is basically a factory set with a mod to fire by wire. If you where to do it right you would re-engineer the internals themselves instead of simply adding parts under them. Plus we are talking about a fire control. Kiss is the key and adding batteries solenoids and other extra parts makes more things to go wrong. I have several 10/22's I have done trigger jobs on all the one that do not have a aftermarket trigger in them and have shot countless thousands of rounds with not a single single problem between the trigger and the firing pin. That plus I have won countless turkey shoots in the area with a couple of them. IF you want to spend the money that's great and if you like it that's even better but my experience makes my spidey sense tingle at the mere site of it.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith