threaded, 9mm luger conversion, super star barrels?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

threaded, 9mm luger conversion, super star barrels?

Post by saltydecimator »

numrich has outta stock 9mm luger barrels for the super star, wondering if anyone can clue me into getting a conversion barrel for the super star( which is 9 mm largo, almost 9x23)....

the surplus largo ammo is corrosive and it makes the firing pin stick, so i would like to stay away fromit. and have i been wanting a 9mm 191! style gun, so this is convenient...

it is a fallacy to run 9x anything else through the 9 largo barrel is bad juju, and a definite no-no
its quiet time!
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Re: threaded, 9mm luger conversion, super star barrels?

Post by Emilio »

If on a budget, why not buy a Armscore/RIA 1911 in 9 mm?

Star parts are hard to find these days if yours breaks.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Post by saltydecimator »

ya, thought aboot the ria, but i picked this super up for 125...i need to replace the f.p. and fp spring, but it shoots for now....oh wells
its quiet time!
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

saltydecimator wrote:numrich has outta stock 9mm luger barrels for the super star, wondering if anyone can clue me into getting a conversion barrel for the super star( which is 9 mm largo, almost 9x23)....

the surplus largo ammo is corrosive and it makes the firing pin stick, so i would like to stay away fromit. and have i been wanting a 9mm 191! style gun, so this is convenient...

it is a fallacy to run 9x anything else through the 9 largo barrel is bad juju, and a definite no-no
Please satisfy my curiosity. Are you saying that you are taking an intact Luger and "West Coast Customizing"
it?

For us purists, even a crappy intact Luger is an historical arm that really should be left alone.
"Hey, Mickey, that David Statue needs some updating, how about giving a NY street artist
a shot at tagging it. Brings it up to date and adds some color."
Build a Welrod! :) :)

And, if they Honk, we will Finger them! :)
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

Historian wrote:
saltydecimator wrote:numrich has outta stock 9mm luger barrels for the super star, wondering if anyone can clue me into getting a conversion barrel for the super star( which is 9 mm largo, almost 9x23)....

Please satisfy my curiosity. Are you saying that you are taking an intact Luger and "West Coast Customizing"
it?

For us purists, even a crappy intact Luger is an historical arm that really should be left alone.
"Hey, Mickey, that David Statue needs some updating, how about giving a NY street artist
a shot at tagging it. Brings it up to date and adds some color."
Build a Welrod! :) :)

And, if they Honk, we will Finger them! :)
He's talking about the caliber 9mm (as some people like to tack Luger on the end,) not a Luger pistol. Rather a Star 9mm Largo.