QD Sling Swivel Question

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

CaribouLou45
Silent Operator

QD Sling Swivel Question

Post by CaribouLou45 »

Um... I might be stupid but I am having a little problem with these. I recently set my SR-15 with a VTAC sling that has the 2 to 1 point connector on it. The goal is to be able to switch between a two point sling and a one point sling but I am having a bit of trouble with the QD points.

It seems at times that going in, the QD points bearings get stick and it needs a bit of shaking to get the QD sling swivels to go in. Is this because of gravity? Do the sling swivels only go in when they are perpendicular to the ground?

Thanks
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Re: QD Sling Swivel Question

Post by Ryo »

You shouldn't need to be perpendicular to the ground.
CaribouLou45
Silent Operator

Post by CaribouLou45 »

So the problem I have is when attaching the QD points facing parallel to the ground, it seems that gravity keeps the bottom most ball bearing out and even though I am pressing in the QD point, the ball bearing does not want to compress into the swivel without shaking it or something. I assumed this was normal but thought I better ask.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Are the KAC QD's rotation limited? Is it possible you're trying to insert the sling swivel with the location in the wrong spot?
CaribouLou45
Silent Operator

Post by CaribouLou45 »

JohnnyC wrote:Are the KAC QD's rotation limited? Is it possible you're trying to insert the sling swivel with the location in the wrong spot?
Nope.

And no :lol:

They are the stock KAC ones and I have to "fa-ness" a little to get them to go in the rifle or the VTAC 2 to 1
CaribouLou45
Silent Operator

Post by CaribouLou45 »

I realize I probably am not successful in describing exactly what is going on. Give me a few weeks to get back and I will make a video and show you what I am trying to say.

Thanks