Just signed up for an appleseed event

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Just signed up for an appleseed event

Post by jlwilliams »

I'm psyched! Just signed up for an appleseed shoot. This is the first one I've heard of close by.

Any advice on what I should bring, how I should prepare, what to expect. Any tips aside from what's on their sight. They say bring a rimfire and a centerfire, but make no mention if 223/5.56 is adequit or if you should bring a 30. Any advice from anybody who has gone to one of these? Cost of ammo being as it is, I'd prefer to go 223.

I think I'll re configure my 10-22 a bit. I have mine set up for scoped/suppressed. I want to put an open sight barrel back on it. Part of the beuty of the 10-22 is that it can be a few different rifles by parts swapping.
GoJohnnyGo
Silent But Deadly

Re: Just signed up for an appleseed event

Post by GoJohnnyGo »

Ive been to one Appleseed shoot and loved it. I got very good training but obviously the quality you receive will depend on the instructors present. I shot. 223. You will use about 500 rounds so shoot what makes financial sense to you. Bring enough mags (5 or so) and a comfy mat as you'll spend a lot of time proned out. If you take the 10/22 look into ordering tech-sites as they mimic the ar sight picture and my training more efficient. Obviously, this is only possible if you got enough time to order them. Take a notepad I still reference the notes I made several years ago at the shoot I went to. Know that what you'll learn is basic rifleman fundamentals. This isn't sniper school at Benning but it is a really great program. I learned more in two days about accurate shooting than years of reading and selfishness teaching. There really is no substitute for being tought by an experienced shooter.
GoJohnnyGo
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoJohnnyGo »

Sorry for the grammer and seemingly gibberish in spots, I typed that out on my phone.
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

Excellent. What I am after is fundamentals, not wannabe sniper crap. Just some quality education to bring my rifle fundamentals up a notch.