Ruger 22/45 Lite

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Ruger 22/45 Lite

Post by Wahnsinn »

If anyone has Facebook with a like on Ruger or Gunsamerica, you've probably seen this already. Somebody finally caught on to the TacSol idea:

http://www.ruger.com/products/2245Lite/models.html

I like it :D If I get into the market for another 22 pistol, this'll probably be it. Threaded, ready for a rail up top, removable grip panels, and 10oz lighter than the regular threaded 22/45. Looks like the street price should be around $350 or so, only a few bucks more than the regular threaded 22/45. Now when this will actually show up anywhere...who knows.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger 22/45 Lite

Post by rogerme »

I like it..
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

If they got rid of the gold, I'd get another one. That will be a seriously good deal.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

They made some comments on Facebook about the color, saying dealers/distributors would probably want various colors, so it may go that way (or go to a more neutral color).
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

Just got an email about this a few minutes ago, I like it :)
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Yep the gold is a deal breaker for me. I will seriously consider it once other colors are available.
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

oh damn... wish they had that when I sold my threaded uppper for a paclite :?
Don't be an internet tough guy...
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

For some reason I don't mind the color, would I prefer OD green or something, yes :D
tws317

Post by tws317 »

I saw two of them at a gun show in medina ohio over the weekend. They are nice. Prices I saw were 389 and 450. If they had it in black I would have bought it.
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

I like it. Black, OD green or tan would be better sellers. Why they choose to go ghey right out of the gate is beyond me.

BTW, for clarification. When I call it 'ghey' I don't mean to slam on gay people. I have no problem with homosexuals or anybody who keeps their private life to themselves. The problem is gay guns, not gay people. Gay guns must be stopped.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Soon as I can get it in black, I will.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

jlwilliams wrote: BTW, for clarification. When I call it 'ghey' I don't mean to slam on GAY people. I have no problem with homosexuals or anybody who keeps their private life to themselves. The problem is GAY guns, not GAY people. GAY guns must be stopped.
It was the HS community that hijacked the word "gay". Nothing wrong with us taking it back. And "ghey" is a new slang word, like stewpid and phat.
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

Can't stand the gold....if I get one it will be Cera or Duracoated black.....IMMEDIATELY!

Glad they have recently started catering to the suppressor crowd. It's about time Ruger got over their cranial rectalitus and realized there was a big market out there they were ignoring because it wasn't "PC".......now if they would just start building high cap mags for them too.
The myopic majority will be our republic's undoing.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

I would be happy even with just a mag that sticks way out the bottom for an extra 10rds :D
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not...was just looking at the Ruger website and found some videos that show this pistol has a tensioned barrel inside the aluminum sleeve.....seems like that might open up some interesting options for an integral. Anyway I was assuming the aluminum was solid with a barrel liner....not so.

http://www.ruger.com/products/2245Lite/extras.html
The myopic majority will be our republic's undoing.
btb601
Silent But Deadly

Post by btb601 »

I drove by the gun store on the way home to see if they had the Lite version telling myself I would get it if they did. Although from the pics on the web, it was one ugly puppy with the golden color.
Turns out they had one, big suprise for me and I told them to wrap it up while thinking how I would break it to my wife on how I NEEDED this handgun.

It's not so golden in person. I think it's more silver than gold, but I guess the camera does not lie.
It shoot really good, a lot better than the old P22......lots better.
Only issue I have and maybe just me being tarded, but twice now I would put the mag in and went to close the bolt and it stayed locked up like it did not have any ammo. I had to take the mag out and put it back in and then it would close. I will have pay more attention next time I shot it instead of going through the routine.

MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

In black that would look nice.

I couldn't get used to the feel of the 22/45 grip.

Actually, what it reminded me of was the cheap stamped-metal 1911-replica BB gun I owned as a kid.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

It's just a quick Duracoat job away from being black.
btb601
Silent But Deadly

Post by btb601 »

I'm not up on the Ruger 22 thing. Always thought they were ugly and was more into the 22 revolvers.
I am looking at the Ruger® MK 1 / II / III Scoped Holster. I emailed the company almost two weeks ago and no anwser.
Anyone have this holster for their 22/45?