Dear NRA

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Dear NRA

Post by copenhagen »

"Dear NRA,

I am very disappointed that you have chosen to support Mitt Romney for President. He is no friend of gun owners. As Governor of Massachusetts, he signed into law a permanent assault weapons ban within that state. Many of us have been taught that "by their fruits ye shall know them." Romney has clearly shown himself to be an enemy of the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Even Obama has not signed into law an assault weapons ban, and I think that we can agree that he is not a friend of the right to arms.

The Second Amendment (which you claim to support) was never about duck hunting. Thomas Jefferson (who inspired the Bill of Rights in which the Second Amendment is found) said: "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Clearly Mitt Romney does not believe that citizenry of these United States should be afforded the right to maintain weaponry capable of fulfilling the Second Amendment's stated purpose.

I have been seriously considering revoking my life-time membership from the NRA over your seeming lack of for-site into Romney's blatantly obvious agenda. So, while you use Ted Nugent to sensationally, and rather inappropriately stir up the people for Romney, I ask, where is the substantive difference in Romney or Obama? It is high time that my NRA takes a STAND for gun-owners, NOT political agendas.

-A concerned Citizen and Life-Member."
silencertalk
Site Admin

Re: Dear NRA

Post by silencertalk »

What are they supposed to do? They calculate who can beat Obama.

He was anti gun though, and it makes me not want to vote for him, but I certainly am going to.
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

silencertalk wrote:What are they supposed to do? They calculate who can beat Obama.
He was anti gun though, and it makes me not want to vote for him, but I certainly am going to.

When was the last time a republican presidential candidate won MA?
I thought MA was like another liberal cesspool ie NY where you can vote for a republican but they will never win.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

The jury is out here. He voted a PERMANENT AWB into law and we're supposed to fall in line like nice little lemmings because he MIGHT beat Barry?

I'm sorry. I ate RINO in 2008 seasoned with conservative and it sucked. Will I try it again in 1012? I strongly doubt it. Perhaps if it is a good conservative and it is released that Mittens the waffle master has an incurabe disease with 1 month to live after inauguration day. In a perfect world a new part would be formed called the "See you could have had these votes had you supported a conservative candidate" party. After a Barry win, the GOP could sit there crying and sobbing about losing another and people could point out to them an approximate number of voters that they lost by supporting another RINO.

Is Barry winning another term an forcing the issue of taking this country back worse than having to walk into the voting booth and taking another shitty bite of RINO surprise?

A week or so ago I got a phone call from some bitch at the RNC. I stopped her mid "Give us some money and become a member" spiel and informed her that I am a conservative and not a Republican. After her setting up a scenario I told her that I can't vote for anyone who signed an AWB. Damn did she get pissed off at me. She couldn't fathom that I'd rather vote my principles than vote against Obama. I hung up on the cunt.

When we allow ourselves to be driven by "OMG we have to vote against <_____>" rather than voting for who most parallels our ideals then we have lost.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

CThomas wrote:
silencertalk wrote:What are they supposed to do? They calculate who can beat Obama.

When was the last time a republican presidential candidate won MA?
I thought MA was like another liberal cesspool ie NY where you can vote for a republican but they will never win.
Scott Brown took over Ted Kennedy's Senate seat.

MA is like NY in that the liberals are mostly concentrated in the city. My town, and the few around me, is majority Republican.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

bakerjw wrote:The jury is out here. He voted a PERMANENT AWB into law and we're supposed to fall in line like nice little lemmings because he MIGHT beat Barry?
The strange part is that the vote was endorsed by GOAL - Gun Owners Action League. They wanted him to vote that way - because, like the MG ban in 1986, it had a package of pro-gun things as part of the deal.

Why call him Barry? No need to disrespect him that much.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

bakerjw wrote:The jury is out here. He voted a PERMANENT AWB into law and we're supposed to fall in line like nice little lemmings because he MIGHT beat Barry?
The strange part is that the vote was endorsed by GOAL - Gun Owners Action League. They wanted him to vote that way - because, like the MG ban in 1986, it had a package of pro-gun things as part of the deal.

Why call him Barry? No need to disrespect him that much. Just because someone gave him another name as a kid and he later realized it was dumb to use it.
bakerjw wrote:She couldn't fathom that I'd rather vote my principles than vote against Obama.
I can't fathom it either during the actual presidential election. You can vote principles during the primary. It is possible that another Supreme Court justice will be selected by the next President.
CDAT
Silent But Deadly

Post by CDAT »

I think that if you do not vote your principles you just keep lossing little by little. I hope that when the partys see that the principles are what matter maybe they will give us some one we can get behind rather than just vote against someone.
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

What are they supposed to do? They calculate who can beat Obama.
And therein lies the problem. The media be damned, it is high time we stood up for our principles, not for how the mainstream media twists and warps our rights away from us drop after drop. We haven't many rights left to lose, and a vote for Romney, in my opinion, hasn't a dime's worth of difference than a vote for Obama.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

While Romney may be liberal from my perspective - he will still fill hundreds of govt jobs with people way less liberal than Obama would. Federal judges, head of the EPA, Attorney General, etc.

There is no way Romney would get an AG as liberal as Eric Holder.

Also Romney is not a big money spender in his personal life, and would probably kill off more waste.
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

Sure if your conservative you can vote your principals and for a candidate that reflects them. The real question is are there enough conservatives left to ever put such a candidate in the seat. I just think the country is to far gone.

Scary if Obama gets another term and appoints another Supreme Court Justice.
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Post by Syntax360 »

Romney would also desire a second term - that creates accountability. After 2012, Obama has no further need to tiptoe around preparing for an upcoming election - there is no accountability. Even if Romney and Obama were the exact same candidates, I'd much sooner have the guy in office who will still fear the voting public.

I'll hold my nose and vote for the guy, even though I deeply resent being in this position at all.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

silencertalk wrote:Why call him Barry? No need to disrespect him that much.
If you're referring to Obama? For part of his life he wanted top be called Barry rather than Barack. Regardless of that fact, respect must be earned and this administration hasn't done anything to earn much in the way of respect.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

The part of his life that he wanted to be called Barry was when he was a child. We all did awkward things as a child. My hair was too long. At my prom, I actually wore a tux that was not black.
nitram
Silent But Deadly

Post by nitram »

The NRA should have endorsed the candidate whom supports the 2nd amendment. Clearly Romney has not. Even worse, there is a candidate who does support the 2nd Amendment and they ignored him altogether.

Moreover, do you think if Romney had the chance to make it illegal for anyone other than .gov to have suppressors, don't you think he would do it?
"Shoot twice and go home"
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I think Romney does what his constituants ask for. In any case, he is more conservative than Obama and the primary is over.

If you feel it would be better in the long term for us if Obama gets re-elected, so that we have a better chance of a real conservative next time - if that is your strategy - then why not vote for Obama?
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

Why vote for either of them? Well I guess like my mother used to say, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."
nitram
Silent But Deadly

Post by nitram »

silencertalk wrote: the primary is over.
Someone's drunk on the media-koolaid.
"Shoot twice and go home"
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

Follow the money. Birds of a feather flock together.

silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

John Edwards is so in trouble. He is going to lose his case.

Elizabeth Warren, who is the liberal running against Scott Brown - turns out she got into Harvard because she claimed to be a minority. Harvard admission is vastly more easy as a minority. She is white and had one native-american ancestor over 200 years ago but does not consider herself Caucasian.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/04/3 ... can-roots/

The Affirmative Action system is clearly a corrupt idea and needs to be destroyed, and I am fine with gaming the system by someone against it, but for a liberal who preaches the concept that slots should be held for minorities, and then to claim she is one and use up a slot from a real one - that is just wrong.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

My SSNcN says the system is broken. There is no way the sitting POTUS nor the Republican contender will be a leader for the USA as we grew up understanding it.

He goes on to say unless someone of the Ron Paul/Sheriff Joe ilk emerges and gathers together the following that regains control of the US on the basis that it was initially established, this year, the US as we knew it, has faded into the history books as the great experiment that became become victim to the human weaknesses of sex, power, and money, that the USA founders so valiantly attempted to prevent.

Ah Cheree, I fear he may have hit the nail on the head this time.

I can see him now, sitting on his porch, awaiting THE leader to emerge.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

There are 80,000 new pages of federal laws each year, and they almost never get repealed.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Da ... 1594032556
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

Oh, and for what it's worth, this would be the reply from the NRA:

"Mr. ------,

Thank you for contacting NRA-ILA.

The NRA has not made any grades or endorsements or made any support for the candidates for the Presidential Nominees for 2012. We will come out with all of our grades and endorsements after the primaries.

Please check with our Political Victory Fund website for our up to date grades.

www.nrapvf.org

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Regards,

S--- J

NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

www.nraila.org"
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

silencertalk wrote:There are 80,000 new pages of federal laws each year, and they almost never get repealed.
Just another example of unustainable action being taken by the fedgov.

Stein's Law: "If something cannot go on forever, it will stop"
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

The reason a lot of major candidates have the same sponsors is that w/ as much as the government meddles with everything, major corps can't afford to not hedge their bets by bribing both sides.
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
http://www.NYShooters.net