New integral build from liberty 300blk

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

sukhoi
Silent But Deadly

New integral build from liberty 300blk

Post by sukhoi »

For those who dont frequent 300blktalk, liberty came out with a new integral! Dave mentioned around 120 db's
http://www.libertycans.net/leonidas.html

MSRP INFORMATION
COMPLETE RIFLE (NO SIGHTS)...................................................................................................................$1850
UPPER/SUPPRESSOR ASSEMBLY ONLY (NO SIGHTS).......................................................................$1555
SUPPRESSOR ONLY (BUILT ON CUSTOMER SUPPLIED BARRELED UPPER).............................$725

Seems like a sweet little package.
Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Re: New integral build from liberty 300blk

Post by kaotic504 »

that's great, i just wish they didn't call it the Leonidas
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

WOW......I want one of those too. Why does the process have to take sooooooo long? :(
I've gotta stop this habit.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Buy a Liberty suppressor.

Their products are top notch and the CS is very good. I will be buying their can for the 300 BLK.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

kaotic504 wrote:that's great, i just wish they didn't call it the Leonidas
didn't noveske offer a .308 AR platform gun also called the leonidas?
1mile50
Silent Operator

Post by 1mile50 »

kaotic504 wrote:that's great, i just wish they didn't call it the Leonidas

I don't give a s--t what they call it, as long as it works, as long as it is quiet. :D

I just bought one. Sending in my upper this week.
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

Yawn. Do an integral bolt gun and I'm interested.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

stevejobs wrote:Yawn. Do an integral bolt gun and I'm interested.
Wait you mean the one thats been on their website for a long time now?

http://www.libertycans.net/mjolnir.html
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

yamatitan wrote:Wait you mean the one thats been on their website for a long time now?

From that page: "The 300 AAC Blackout Subsonic Ammunitions is still supersonic in the Mjolnir. Our barrel length of 15" is still not short enough to make them subsonic. You will still need to handload to go subsonic."

A for effort. But you will still need to try again son.
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

stevejobs wrote:
yamatitan wrote:Wait you mean the one thats been on their website for a long time now?

From that page: "The 300 AAC Blackout Subsonic Ammunitions is still supersonic in the Mjolnir. Our barrel length of 15" is still not short enough to make them subsonic. You will still need to handload to go subsonic."

Steve I like your avatar :D
1500.00$ + for a suppressed upper? Holly s--t! I hope it comes with a shirt or sticker :lol:
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

stevejobs wrote:

That doesnt make sense to me its stays subsonic and every 16" semi I ever seen. Is the chamber tighter or something? Anyway im sure they would port it if you asked.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

yamatitan wrote:
stevejobs wrote:

That doesnt make sense to me its stays subsonic and every 16" semi I ever seen. Is the chamber tighter or something? Anyway im sure they would port it if you asked.
A auto bleeds off some of the gas through the action and slows down the bullet a little.
A bolt action will push more gas through the muzzle pushing the bullet faster with the same ammo.
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense to me.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

redtazdog wrote: A auto bleeds off some of the gas through the action and slows down the bullet a little.
A bolt action will push more gas through the muzzle pushing the bullet faster with the same ammo.
I would have figured most of the gas would be out the barrel by the time the bolt started to unlock. It has to be pretty damn close I would think it wouldnt take much porting to keep AAC subs subsonic in it and still have supers go super when you want better ballistics.
slowfire
Silent Operator

Post by slowfire »

stevejobs wrote:

This is probably a result of testing with early factory loads. There were a lot of bolt gun shooters reporting supersonic velos in 16" bolt guns. I believe they backed it off some though, because I've had fine results in my 16" suppressed bolt gun with the 220 gr SMK factory load. They should probably try again with new ammo.
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

gunguy wrote: 1500.00$ + for a suppressed upper? Holly s--t! I hope it comes with a shirt or sticker :lol:
don't aac uppers go for $900? seems right in line price wise.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

yamatitan wrote:
redtazdog wrote: A auto bleeds off some of the gas through the action and slows down the bullet a little.
I would have figured most of the gas would be out the barrel by the time the bolt started to unlock. It has to be pretty damn close I would think it wouldnt take much porting to keep AAC subs subsonic in it and still have supers go super when you want better ballistics.
I have many 300 builds some AR's some single shot closed actions.
with a 16" barrel on each kind of host it shows the diference in velocity between a closed breech gun and a auto
so I hand load most of my ammo for the closed breech guns and use the same ammo for the AR's
then I dont get the velocity boost.
I have seen a velocty change between diferent brands of barrels too as the kind of rifling
and bore size can change things a little.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

redtazdog wrote:
yamatitan wrote:
I have many 300 builds some AR's some single shot closed actions.
with a 16" barrel on each kind of host it shows the diference in velocity between a closed breech gun and a auto
so I hand load most of my ammo for the closed breech guns and use the same ammo for the AR's
then I dont get the velocity boost.
I have seen a velocty change between diferent brands of barrels too as the kind of rifling
and bore size can change things a little.
Im curious as to what the difference in velocity is. Are we talking 100 fps, 50 fps, 200 fps?